A case for Kalou

Tomo

He's just so frustating at times!! What he means to do and what happens never works out really.He'll shoot on goal and for some reason it'll go anywhere else but in and he tries so hard..he has scored vital goals mind you,maybe jammy but hey goals are goals and does wear some funky bright boots...but duno be pointless for him to stay if he is only mainly going to be a sub.Guess see what AVB has planned

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Even though he is a great super sub, i will be happy if we give him to Spurs in the deal of Modric.

30M plus Kalou is more then enough.

ok his goal against tottenham was offside, his goal against Newcastle took a wicked deflection and his set up to Drogba at OT in 2010 was offside and those are the last 3 decent things he's done,what a fucking superstar! His goal against everton was ok but he should be doing this. An impact sub means a player who is not good enough to start. We need a player who can actually play well from the start. having an 'impact sub', we need a world class starter.

Please don't compare our wanker to Solskjaer. Solskjaer was one of the best finishers around and he rarely wasted a chance and he scored in big games against big teams in big stadiums.

We need a World Class starter? Really? Behind Torre, Drogba? You think a world classfinisher is going to warm the bench?

Look at the 3rd and 4th strikers around and you will know that none of them are world class.

So you are picking faults in the goals he scored? As if other strikers never scored while offside. Oh and wait Lampard has 50 of his goals that were deflected. FYI.

Solskajer was a class finisher but like Kalou not good enough to start. If he was that great he would have started ahead of Cole and York. But e was better off coming off the bench like Kalou.

Can you point out 5 big games in which Solskjaer scored since you claimed above that he did so in so many big games?

I'll start off with Champions League Final vs Bayern.

List me atleast 3 more if not 4 more

I often moan about Kalou, but first of all it's against the sporting policy of the club, it's incredible to consider that since 2007/2008 we want to play 4 competitions with only 2 strikers and a former central striker converted in a winger... For me it was not right to see Kalou playing so much games in a season.

He is a squad player, OK. But he has a very little panel of skills. The only good thing I find is that he is well placed in the box, in this part of his game he is smart. I can't blame him for not giving 100% on the pitch, he does the maximum at every game but he is limited... Even his substitutes appearances are overrated, yes sometimes he manages to create the difference because he has a killer positionning in the box but in the game he is very average and poor and often it's like nothing has changed

We can argue that he is a central support striker and not a winger and that as players such as Walcott, they are terribly bad on the wing because they can't pass an opponent or giving decent crosses, playing with the full back etc... But we can't wonder anymore why he stops attacking chances in the game with his awful choices, I don't want him to be a perfect player but I think there is a least of things to do when you play so much games.

He did to slip through the net for several years because the club did not bring any striker, or because he scored some goals etc...

I've nothing really against him, I would be the first happy if he stays the 4th striker of the squad playing the Cups. But for me it's not thinkable anymore to consider him as a 2nd or 3rd option playing the 2/3 of the games in a season.

He seems to be a nice guy, but his 'nobody loves me' sketch and body language in the end of the season after his moanings about his playing time was irritating

Scored against us when we were winning 2-1 very late at old trafford,in 97/98 great finish too.

Scored a winner at highbury in 97 i think it was

FA Cup against Liverpool, 1-0 down, he scored deep into injury to win the FA Cup tie

Yes, UCL final winner

There probably is more but these are some i remember. Now i don't know if he came off the bench for these or not but he could do a job whether it was of the bench or starting and he was a genuine striker with immense control and stunning finishing ability.

And what's with your talking about Torres and Drogba? Kalou operates as a winger so i dunno where you're getting this striker stuff from. Maybe he was a striker at Feyenoord but that was then he plays as a winger for us and we don't have a quality,top class winger do we. If you can name me a world class winger at chelsea then you're doing very well. Don't try n take the easy way out and say we have Torres and Drogba and Kalou is our super sub because that's not even the same position.

Solskjaer is a Man Utd legend and the fans love him. He was a genuine super sub who scored goals. Why is Kalou a super sub? What does he ever actually do off the bench when it's majorly needed? I'll tell you. Nothing.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer = Super Sub

Salomon Kalou = Sub

There's a big difference. He'll probably score in the next 2 games too as it's his calibre of opponent.

When Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge and Malouda are your devastating wingers in your favoured 4-3-3 formation, you know there's a huge problem especially when 3 of them are strikers.