A case for Kalou

Tomo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pathetic and incredibly insulting.

I'd like to think he was being secretly sarcastic towards Term X... at least with that thought I got to laugh at that, and whenever I think of "Kalou FC" I also start to automatically grin like a retard

Then your issue is with the managers who start him, not the player.

Yeah? I never said I had an issue with Kalou, my problem has only ever been he is not of a high enough quality, IN MY OPINION, to play in Chelsea's first XI. And I take issue with people saying we're the bad guys because we're not supporting our team because we don't want certain players in the starting XI, well we want the best players to give us the best team to win the best competitions and be the best chelsea fc can be.

Yeah? I never said I had an issue with Kalou, my problem has only ever been he is not of a high enough quality, IN MY OPINION, to play in Chelsea's first XI.

Fair enough.

And I take issue with people saying we're the bad guys because we're not supporting our team because we don't want certain players in the starting XI

Not defending those who say that, but it's no worse than people saying that fans who want Kalou to stay want Chelsea to fail.

I don't think anyone would argue that he is a good substitute to bring on like 65/70 minutes as an impact player my issue is he is starting in our first XI. He is not good enough for a Chelsea first team player.

How many first team strikers you want?

We already have drogba an Torres and sturridge and anelka .

Someone said sell kalou and ring in Falcao. That's the stupidest thing I've read. Sell you impact player and spend 30m on Falcao to put him on bench?

You need two first team strikers and the rest are just to make numbers.

I would take Kalou hands down over Owen and Berbatov, Bendtner, Kuyt, Krouch, Defoe, Pavlychenko.

Whenever we are drawing the game or losing it,

I always look gorward to Kalou coming on cus i know he delivers it Coming off from bench

I think Borini should have been giving the chances that Kalou has gotten as an impact sub. sigh. :(

You think Borini would have scored the leveler at Everton and Newcastle away last year and the winner at Bridge against Spurs?

Youth players can't be brought in as Impact players. They first need to be given minutes in cup games which Borini got and he failed to capitalize.

At one point during Ancelottis first season Borini was ahead of Studge in the pecking order with Carlo saying that Borini is like Inzaghi. Borini got games in Carling cup and minutes in EPL ahead of Studge but fluffed his chances. I remember two one on ones against the goalkeeper which he missed.

Guest justin_3d

He got injured at the worst time, and then the board froze him cause he did not wanted to sign a one year extension.

He got injured at the worst time, and then the board froze him cause he did not wanted to sign a one year extension.

Doesn't matter. Studge was injured when Borini got playing in Cc games and had he scored a couple of goals he would have started ahead of Studge in FA CUp. Studge on the other hand grabbed his chance and rest is history.

The one thing I like about Studge is his attitude. Some say it is bad and he thinks he is too good. But I say it's that attitude of his that has made him claw back from being behind Borini to a likely first team starter.

Kakuta and Borini don't have that never give up attitude. Borini chose the easier route which is to not sign an extension and Kakuta well he needs people around him to tell him how good he is and they need to pump him up.

I don't get why people want kalou out !!!

He is a player who can NOT dribble , shoot or pass , but FYI his movement is very good may be he always misses sitters and wastes possession but every now and then he will score a goal while we are 3-0 and will keep his very impressive goal/minute ratio.

And btw you can't get a better "super-sub" , Super Kalou is a better sub than any of the following (Arshavin - Valencia - Adam Johnson - Balotelli - Nani).... really ??!!

Give him the last 20-30 minutes of games that you are 3-0 or 2-0 up and he will be very likely to score a 3rd or 4th goal , don't fall into the trap of giving those minutes to more deserved youngsters , see what happened when Ferguson did that with hernandez instead of using Owen !!

Also let's be honest you gotta love the mystery about salamon kalou , Is he best as a CF or SS or WF ?? you'll never know , but the answer is pretty simple he is surprisingly equally impressive in all postions .

you have to admit that kalou keeps impressing you , tbh i can't think of any other player who will shoot a ball a yard away from the goal AT THE FUCKIN UPPER POST !!! also i can't think of any other player/person who will run with the ball into the bodies of his opponents!!! , even if he ends up losing the ball at least he showed courage.

Malouda , Anelka and kalou are our best players if you disagree then check the stats :doh:

How many first team strikers you want?

We already have drogba an Torres and sturridge and anelka .

Someone said sell kalou and ring in Falcao. That's the stupidest thing I've read. Sell you impact player and spend 30m on Falcao to put him on bench?

You need two first team strikers and the rest are just to make numbers.

I would take Kalou hands down over Owen and Berbatov, Bendtner, Kuyt, Krouch, Defoe, Pavlychenko.

Whenever we are drawing the game or losing it,

I always look gorward to Kalou coming on cus i know he delivers it Coming off from bench

Mate Kalou is used as a right/left winger, how many quality right or left wingers do we have? One based on pre-season; Sturridge. Malouda once was but isn't anymore. Kalou is good as an impact substitute and that's it, we need to bring in another quality winger and then Malouda and Kalou are good enough to be on the bench and to back up quality players that would be in our first team.

I wouldn't mind keeping him around, to give him the odd appearances when the first team players will be given a rest, ie to play the Carling Cup and such.

But, he is way too much paid to be such a player !! £60k a week is too much expensive for a player who will only get the odd minutes and a player of his quality. Look at Spurs, their best player Lucas Modric has only a £45 a week wage. Though their level is like the day and the night... He should get paid no more than £40k a week...

So, if he gets a cut wage, I wouldn't mind at all him to stay. But if he doesn't get a cut wage, then to my honest opinion he can fuck off else where.

ok his goal against tottenham was offside, his goal against Newcastle took a wicked deflection and his set up to Drogba at OT in 2010 was offside and those are the last 3 decent things he's done,what a fucking superstar! His goal against everton was ok but he should be doing this. An impact sub means a player who is not good enough to start. We need a player who can actually play well from the start. Theres no point having an 'impact sub', we need a world class starter.

Please don't compare our wanker to Solskjaer. Solskjaer was one of the best finishers around and he rarely wasted a chance and he scored in big games against big teams in big stadiums.

Stop moaning about Kalou already...

He's obviously being used as a stand-in for Sturridge....

Moaning about Kalou now will be like moaning about Hilario/Turnbull when they stand between the sticks for the next few weeks...There's nothing you or AVB can do about it