A case for Kalou

Tomo

hell, he contributed this season more in EPL then Anelka...

Anelka's finishing has nothing on Kalou.

Give him the ball one-on-one with the keeper.. Out of 100 shots he'll bury 95. The only reason we're not fans of Anelka is because he drifts off to deep. I'd rather have him "warm the bench" than Kalou, because at least Anelka got the experience and skill to hold the ball, run with the ball & even look more likely to score. Not hating on Kalou, just calling it like it is.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Kalou!

YES he can frustate the hell out of me during games but I love his commitment to the team. The stats shown in the original post are great for a squad player. I'm saying for him to start every game but it would be pointless to get rid of him. Squad depth is something we lacked last year and it cost us, would you agree? Let's not make the same mistake twice.

That's why we love Salomon Kalou! :wub:

Anelka's finishing has nothing on Kalou.

Give him the ball one-on-one with the keeper.. Out of 100 shots he'll bury 95. The only reason we're not fans of Anelka is because he drifts off to deep. I'd rather have him "warm the bench" than Kalou, because at least Anelka got the experience and skill to hold the ball, run with the ball & even look more likely to score. Not hating on Kalou, just calling it like it is.

I said that Kalou has contributed the team more, not that his finishing is better then Anelka's. Nico is a deadly finisher, but he needs to realize that the opponent's goal is on the opposite side of the pitch...

I said that Kalou has contributed the team more, not that his finishing is better then Anelka's. Nico is a deadly finisher, but he needs to realize that the opponent's goal is on the opposite side of the pitch...

But that's my point too. Even if we find Anelka dropping in deep at least he's not losing the ball where he is. Hell when we played that return game vs Sunderland, when Carlo put Anelka behind 2 strikers we all praised his contribution and even found him as man of the match.

(for the record: I'd still sell Anelka)

But that's my point too. Even if we find Anelka dropping in deep at least he's not losing the ball where he is. Hell when we played that return game vs Sunderland, when Carlo put Anelka behind 2 strikers we all praised his contribution and even found him as man of the match.

(for the record: I'd still sell Anelka)

Indeed. But he breaks down all the dynamic of the game.

There is always a player the fans like as a scapegoat for when things go wrong . When Kalou isnt playing its usually Anelka to blame or Mikel.

When Kalou and Anelka leave ,,,who will be the new player to hate?

That is possibly true but I have never rated either player (Kalou, Maouda) However if they would improve their consistency to playing well for most of the season & that consistency continues then i'd get of their backs. However both players have had enough time to improve.......time to get rid.

Top player -never doubted him. A stream of managers tends to back this assertion.

Yes he is frustrating, have given him dogs abuse at the Bridge myself, I admit it.

Should never start a game, brilliant sub.

End of , as they say.

He gets most of his goals in games we've already won and very rarely scores a crucial away goal like a goal at OT or Anfield or the Emirates. I can say this with the utmost confidence that Salomon Kalou will never score a winning goal or a crucial goal in one of these stadiums nor will he play well in such a game. He's a home player when things are going great and he misses so many chances that a proper world class player would have double that Kalou total.

I don't like stats much because they don't really show me how well he actually performed. Ibrahimovic is shitter than shit and look at his goal tally? Stats are just numbers on a piece of paper. I have seen Kalou play very well but only off the bench and not often enough. He'll never be first team material....he shouldn't even be at Chelsea. He's got more medals than Zola ffs!

When you're playing Chesterfield at home in the Carling Cup 3rd round, you can bank on him getting the first goal but if you're away at Man Utd in a premiership decider, you can bank on him doing absolutely nothing. The kind of opponent you dream of playing against in a big game.

Shame the word 'ability' is in liability.

Edited by OllieCFC

I guess some of u have already pointed out that with Kalou it is all about consistency which he lacks big time. Squad player maybe but starter, wouldnt trust him. For me, Kalou is a good example of being unambitious ( i would add Mikel to that list as well). because i feel that these 2 players have tremendous talent if we compare to the rest in the team but they have never delivered when it matters (please dont say they have got their chances/opportunities). U r a part of a club which is paying u good money let keep going it with, give a couple of decent performances so that coaches remembers and u would stick around, thats the kind mentality these players have from what i see. With kind of talent they have to their disposal they should had been among the best in Europe but where do they stand after what 3 - 4 years at Chelsea " Squad Players". We have examples of ppl really giving it their best, Drogba: Arrogant, complacent before Torres arrived, started giving out performances when his ass was on fire.

Lampard: I always thought he was a decent players which limited talent, but boy didnt he use his strength to be Chelsea's finest (today which midfielder can boast 20+ goals in a league for the last 5 years)

Struridge: Didnt use his talent to the fullest here, once he was send out he starting kicking asses.

So and so forth.

But with Kalou and Mikel i havent seen that fire in these many year come what happens. (though i would add that Mikel performance these season was better than any season he had at Chelsea, but still not at the best levels)

I would rather have players who want to fight it out for a place in the 11 then those who would be happy to be just a Squad players, i know we cant have everyone in the 11 but that doesnt mean u shouldnt show the desire. Sell them while we they are young.

He gets most of his goals in games we've already won and very rarely scores a crucial away goal like a goal at OT or Anfield or the Emirates. I can say this with the utmost confidence that Salomon Kalou will never score a winning goal or a crucial goal in one of these stadiums nor will he play well in such a game. He's a home player when things are going great and he misses so many chances that a proper world class player would have double that Kalou total.

I don't like stats much because they don't really show me how well he actually performed. Ibrahimovic is shitter than shit and look at his goal tally? Stats are just numbers on a piece of paper. I have seen Kalou play very well but only off the bench and not often enough. He'll never be first team material....he shouldn't even be at Chelsea. He's got more medals than Zola ffs!

When you're playing Chesterfield at home in the Carling Cup 3rd round, you can bank on him getting the first goal but if you're away at Man Utd in a premiership decider, you can bank on him doing absolutely nothing. The kind of opponent you dream of playing against in a big game.

Shame the word 'ability' is in liability.

Going by your post I can confidently say you like gerrard more than lampard. Because the qualities you are looking for in Kalou are in Gerrard. Like you ignore Kalous stats I'm sure you would ignore Lamparda stats. if you don't then you are being biased.

Coming back to Kalou, you should know that he has scored winners and equalizer at wigan away, man utd at home, everton away, Newcastle away, winner against Spurs at home which was very crucial, etc.

He is for me the best supersub in the league. I'd take him over Nani and Kuyt or Ngog.

Has the best goals per minute ratio in the league.

Nani is a different level to Kalou but i dont like him because he's a cheating moaning piece of shit. Gerrard and Lampard are completely different players imo. Gerrard does more than Lampard in terms of tackling and driving his team on in difficult times but for sneaking unnoticed scoring valuable goals, Franks the man. Lampard is a goal scoring midfielder and the best of his generation, Gerrard is more box to box but Gerrard hides in the big games whereas Lampard in his prime didn't. Don't wanna start a Gerrard - Lampard debate....Fact is, Kalou is shit followed by a full stop.

So why do you want Kalou to score late winners and all that at anfield, old trafford and emirates while we have several other top players in the team who could do it? Kalou is a winger striker and has the best goals per minute ratio in the league and has rescued the team on numerous occasions.

He does miss out on sitters but he scores crucial goals and comes up with assists at crucial times in matches. Note the winner at OT by Drogba was assisted by Kalou

Also couldn't resist myself but how on earth does one call ibrahimovic shit when he has scored loads of goals in holland, Italy and Spain. Striker is judged and valued on the goals he scored. He may not be a big game player but top top striker

I've just finished reading a book called "Why England Lose & Other Curious Football Phenomena Explained / Soccernomics". If that book taught me anything, it's that stats can be cherry picked and unreliable. Numbers are good, but they don't paint the whole picture. Kalou, whilst a good player and somebody who can score goals, also misses sitters that my granny could score. He can be incredibly frustrating to watch and at times acts like a spoilt brat. If he stays, good. But I won't shed a tear if he goes either.