Wingers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides McEachran, who we know isn't going to start, that is the same team that failed so miserably last season. Anelka in the hole? Really? Who wants to see that again? I don't.

Absolutely zero balance in forward areas. We have too many strikers and not enough variety in attack. We're likely to play 4-3-3 and have five strikers (Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Lukaku and Kalou) for one position. I wouldn’t want to see any one of those players play in the RW or LW positions next season. So we have just Malouda and Sturridge for the wing positions. How can the manager be happy with that? How can the manager be happy with having a player as bad as Kalou in his squad?

Cech

Terry

Cole

Ivanovic

Sturridge

Ramires

Those six players are in my prefered first 11. The rest I'm not so sure about.

It was an example formation.

IF we are going to play 4-3-3 then it will be with Kalou, Anelka, Malouda and Sturridge as the wide options. Alternatively we play with the loose third forward, as I said.

Mata/Hazard/Navas on our left wing with Sturridge on the right. Malouda, Anelka and Kalou can sit, watch and learn.

Look at United today. 1-1, Young takes the ball, 1 feint and it's 1-2 with 3 beautiful points going to Manchester. Can our current wingers do something like that?

Can our current wingers do something like that?

I hereby ban you for asking rhetorical questions :D

I think we need two wingers tbh. I can't watch another season of Malouda and Kalou/Anelka. Sturridge should be a fixture on the right but in case he misses out due to injury/suspension, I'd be hopping mad if those clowns take the field.

We really do need someone like Hazard and/or Mata who are young enough to be in the squad for a large amount of time and can adapt further in that time, but also the quality which we lack now. That way, not only would we be benefiting now but for the long run also.

I would love both of them here, and with Hazard being able to play in the center also, he would add more vital options when injuries and suspensions occur.

Wingers. What are they? We havent had a good one since the days of Robben and Duff.

If we can upgrade on Malouda and Kalou we'd have a great side. We should have been in for Ashley Young, he's as good as there is at the minute for a left sided winger.

Manchester United, unlike their title rivals, have an embarrassment of riches in the wide areas, which has always been the way under Sir Alex Ferguson. Down the years Ryan Giggs, Andrei Kanchelskis, Lee Sharpe, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Antonio Valencia have provided the pace and incisiveness strikers dream of and defenders have nightmares about.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/15/five-things-learned-premier-league