Wingers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think Kakuta would be given a chance in all of this instead of spending £20m+ on someone else

Well, that's not even his natural position, and considering his lack of experience at top level. It would be insane to consider him first-team material as a winger.

Well, that's not even his natural position, and considering his lack of experience at top level. It would be insane to consider him first-team material as a winger.

I understand that he is quite young but we have never given him a chance apart from 10 minutes as a sub. He was hardly used last season but he certainly has potential. What is his natural position? I was always told he was an attacking winger. And finally he can't be much worse than Malouda or Anelka are on the wings surely?

He definitely cannot perform any worse than his highly experienced counterparts- Malouda, Kalou and Anelka. . . .unless we buy a quality winger, kakuta seems the only worthy candidate amongst the current crop for that position as the so called "senior players" are so unproductive and crap.

He definitely cannot play any worse than his highly experienced counterparts- Malouda, Kalou and Anelka. . . .unless we buy a quality winger, kakuta seems the only worthy candidate amongst the current crop for that position.

That would be ideal, can't see it happening though.

Neither Josh or Gael will get a chance at playing CAM. I suppose it's inevitable he will only get a chance on the wings at Chelsea, especially now AVB is in charge.

In that case, we need to loan him out again. Half a season at Fulham with no real guaranteed chances was wearing it a bit thin.

A 2-year loan to Bolton would be really good, just like they got the best out of Sturridge! The good thing about a deal like that, is that it could allow us to attract someone like Gary Cahill to the club. Having said that, only if Alex leaves for Bayern Munich, would that idea of an approach make sense, but even still!

That would be ideal, can't see it happening though.

Neither Josh or Gael will get a chance at playing CAM. I suppose it's inevitable he will only get a chance on the wings at Chelsea, especially now AVB is in charge.

No youngster regardless of his quality will get the nod ahead of a rapidly fading Lampard (a senior and highly regarded member of a team). . .99.8889% of managers simply don't have the balls to do so and this sort of mentality is consistent with the BOD's and fans alike.

Meanwhile Has anyone noticed how Josh's game play has gradually worsened since Ancelotti forcefully turned him into a DM. . . He has lost his attacking instinct and trade mark through balls, unlike before, most of his passes are either backward or sideways. Perhaps, the teams negative style of play has rubbed off on him. it's quite a shame really.

If Modric stays at Sp*rs, you will be saying something a lot different to that!

Kakuta has too much vision & creativity to be restricted as a pure winger. He needs to be able to move freely from side to side. Most of the fruitful attacking plays from him were central in the 2010 France u19's competition. In which he was the awarded player of the tournament.

This is a decent article analyzing his position and future at the club..

http://www.weaintgot...kuta-at-chelsea

If Modric stays at Sp*rs, you will be saying something a lot different to that!

I doubt it, although.. time will tell.

This is true.

I'd be very surprised if they were. Central positions are so crucial in teams that managers, no matter who, don't risk them with youngsters. Centre-back, we bought Luiz when we had Bruma. Centre attacking midfield we're chasing Pastore and Modric when we have Kakuta. Centre-forward we bought Torres when we had Sturridge.

Of course I'm not saying we should use the youth as answer to not signing such players. However they should be given as much chance to show if they can before signings are made. I guess that whole "Josh is being groomed to positional awareness by being played as a holding" is untrue as even Villas-Boas played him there.

It will be interesting to see how Sinclair and Tore progress this season . As LDN mentioned they never got a first team chance with us . The transfer of Tore poses the question "Who

decided he wasn't good enough for us ?" Doubt if it was Arnnersen or he wouldnt have taken him to Hamburg ,,,Carlo ?? doubt that as well

Its totally out of sanity to call them failures. zhirkov was injured, and tell me how many goals did Malouda,

Anelka and Kalou scored last season?. Not saying that it wouldnt hurt to get another winger thinking about there

age.

Do anyone even have an idea of wingers we should get after Sanchez signed in Barcelona, Aguaro is very close to City, and Boas already said we wont

buy any of Porto's players because they are very expensive(Hulk)?

We realy do need a winger, so if Boas will understand that finaly, who is going to come? Im under the impression that the few good options we had in this year's market have gone, so I have no idea. please(!) inlight me.

Do anyone even have an idea of wingers we should get after Sanchez signed in Barcelona, Aguaro is very close to City, and Boas already said we wont

buy any of Porto's players because they are very expensive(Hulk)?

We realy do need a winger, so if Boas will understand that finaly, who is going to come? Im under the impression that the few good options we had in this year's market have gone, so I have no idea. please(!) inlight me.

Valencia-Juan-Mata_1216505.jpg

Im realy not sure Mata is good enough, I actually heard Valencia fans saying he's realy mediocre player, and he's VERY overated.

Some of them realy hate he's play, they talk about him in the same way we talk about Kalou, Anelka and Malouda.

Im realy not sure Mata is good enough, I actually heard Valencia fans saying he's realy mediocre player, and he's VERY overated.

Some of them realy hate he's play, they talk about him in the same way we talk about Kalou, Anelka and Malouda.

I have seen him on many occasions he is a brilliant player, he is not a traditional winger by any means but more of a inside forward. I also like his versatility, beside playing on the left flank, he can play on the right and as SS/CAM.

I