Wingers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think its possible we land neymar and sanchez this transfer window? It would total 90 mil, but factor in resale value and jersey sales and the fact you wouldnt have to blow a cent for the next 5 years on wingers or secondary strickers(assuming we keep strurridge. I mean you might argue than we dont have money to buy a creative mid, but let us be reminded our owner made +45 mil last year to his personnal wealth(that factors in money he poured in chelsea) so he is not going broke, and lets not forget we have josh mceachran and we could search for a slighty cheaper creative mid option, but even at that if we add modric to the list he would be around 35 mil, so we are at 125 mil spent, and with a few players leaving. possibly we sell 20 mil. so 105 mil out on players(I havent including a rb into these equation but ignore that for now). 105 mil isn't a crazy amount spent for those 3 players. Given how important wingers are to avb's system and our lust for better football I dont see the finances as an obstacle to this dream scenario abra would certainly finance. The only problem is actually landing these players oppose to city barca or rm getting these guys. Us chelsea fans have been skeptical about all transfers given our history of having players snub us at last second etc.. but with avb who speaks all major soccer languages and player liked, worldwide popular, it seems players want to play for him so the avb factor may actualy finally get us to land our first choice targets.

So after all that blah blah blah, does anyone think that dream scenario is that far fetched?

Just get Arda Turan or Sanchez. We need a Left Winger with a Right Foot....We already have a Left Winger with a Left Foot in the form of Zirkov. On Right....We MUST play Sturridge who is a left footed player on Right Wing with Kalou as a back up.

• 3 weeks later...

Marko Marin is a good little player, and possesses the quality to be one of the genuinely great wingers of his generation. I wonder if we've ever taken a look at him. Adam Johnson is another I would welcome with open arms.

There's no word on Turan or Mata atm, could be a good thing if there's stuff happening behind closed doors. You never know.

I don't think we'll get 2 though. I think Sturridge will be played wide with the license to cut in and get shots away. It's not ideal, but hey ho.

We need 2 wingers

One who will light the world on fire, have opponents shitting themself's and the world wanking themself (IE Robben).

Another who while he wont be as good, will chip in with goals and assists and be a very effective member of the squad (IE Duff).

Just get Arda Turan or Sanchez. We need a Left Winger with a Right Foot....We already have a Left Winger with a Left Foot in the form of Zirkov. On Right....We MUST play Sturridge who is a left footed player on Right Wing with Kalou as a back up.

would have liked Sanchez but another thats got away

Guest justin_3d

Has anyone fogotten about player from Shaktar?

They got some good wingers we can get for cheap.

I think Douglas Costa is good.

P.S. Just learned D. Costa is not a winger. :(

AM.

Has anyone fogotten about player from Shaktar?

They got some good wingers we can get for cheap.

I think Douglas Costa is good.

P.S. Just learned D. Costa is not a winger. :(

AM.

Willian imo is Shaktar best player, he was amazing for them in the CL. I hope we get him.

btw Costa is a winger from what i have seen, Shaktar AM is Jadson.

Guest justin_3d

Willian imo is Shaktar best player, he was amazing for them in the CL. I hope we get him.

btw Costa is a winger from what i have seen, Shaktar AM is Jadson.

Cool. One of those players would be a good signing. Won't cost an eye out.