Wingers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc Albrighton? He may be a bit unexperienced but I think he has such good crosses :carlo:

I'm a huge fan of Albrighton! Think he was underused in the England U21 campaign, will never understand why Rose was played ahead of him. He'd be a great signing.

What about Michel Bastos? do you think he's good for us?

Couple of weeks ago his agent said we have an intrest in him.

Bastos is a nice player; strong left leg, good pace, versatile enough to play LW, LM, and LB.

Very similar to Zhirkov, but with less injuries.

But not sure if he is good enough for Chelsea.

I'm a huge fan of Albrighton! Think he was underused in the England U21 campaign, will never understand why Rose was played ahead of him. He'd be a great signing.

Villa wouldn't sell him though :( They've already lost Young and Downing. But Albrighton was the only shine last season at Villa. Am I wrong?

Guest justin_3d

I like Albrighton, Nzogbia, Bastos, Douglas Costa, and Arda for wingers.

Mata.....i think that guy might be another homesick player.

After that, i am not sure what else is available. If someone has other names please bring them. Would like to see what they show.

Arda Turan is so talented. Best player for Galatasaray and Turkish National Team but he gets injured frequently. Also since he's injured for the last time,he put on weight and he's not in the form at all... But maybe he'll get back in form and if he does,he'd be the best choice for Chelsea.

He's not linked with Chelsea by the way,he said that in a TV programme. But he wants to go to Europe.

Sanchez would have been perfect

I think we need a right winger more than anything, and the only name that springs to my mind is Adam Johnson - but surely Citeh won't sell to us.

Adam Johnson is a very overrated player, he can only perform well against low 7th place teams... Every important game he seemed to be absent.

His stamina is shockingly bad, he can play 60mn maximum. He is one footed so his game is predictable, he crosses as bad as Walcott.

We would rather have take him after the U21 European Championship. Now City would ask an enormous price

What about Michel Bastos? do you think he's good for us?

Couple of weeks ago his agent said we have an intrest in him.

He is a cool guy, always smiling and always laughing but we shouldn't talk about him because we have Zhirkov in our team. The Russian has so much qualities, he seems so settled in left back/CM/LW, he plays with no difficulties at 3 different places on the pitch as he had always play there.

I think he has one of the best ball driving of the world, the rare moments when he could play without pain, we have seen how difficult it is to stop him when he has the ball.

Zhirkov is more intelligent than Bastos, tactically Zhirkov is better, he crosses better...

Usually Zhirkov isn't a player who is subject to injuries, he has a problem with his knee since he plays in England, the kind of problem which is never completely over.

I'm a big fan of Zhirkov, I trust on him and his abilities. I think it would be nearly shamefull to replace him with Bastos who is a very stereorypical player, good when he accelerates on 10 yards but he is not as talented as Zhirkov. His season is not very good at Lyon...

I think it's gonna be Zhirkov's season

Marc Albrighton? He may be a bit unexperienced but I think he has such good crosses

He would be the perfect signing although he signed a long term contract at Villa and he seems to love his club... He is an intelligent player which don't refuses to defend

For me a perfect right winger would be a Zhirkov or Malouda (2010) right footed. For me only Valencia and Sanchez responds to this criteria... We have to find someone who can spread the game of the team, we have enough wing players playing through the centre of the field as Malouda or Anelka

No youngster regardless of his quality will get the nod ahead of a rapidly fading Lampard (a senior and highly regarded member of a team). . .99.8889% of managers simply don't have the balls to do so and this sort of mentality is consistent with the BOD's and fans alike.

Meanwhile Has anyone noticed how Josh's game play has gradually worsened since Ancelotti forcefully turned him into a DM. . . He has lost his attacking instinct and trade mark through balls, unlike before, most of his passes are either backward or sideways. Perhaps, the teams negative style of play has rubbed off on him. it's quite a shame really.

agree entirely. He seems to lost a bit of his creativity which he showed against Ipswich and Newcastle in the League Cup in particular. It is clear that DM is not his natural position and against Newcastle in the league he lost the ball often in the middle of the pitch because he was not in a position to make a killer pass.

If we get a true out-and-out right winger then the RB spot is settled as well. Because our left side is so dominant teams just blocked that side and forced us to give the ball to Ivan who they were happy to allow a lot of time and space to, knowing he is not a danger with a ball at his feet. The absence of a right winger in front of him (Anelka) meant that our wide play was very poor indeed.

If we get a true out-and-out right winger then the RB spot is settled as well. Because our left side is so dominant teams just blocked that side and forced us to give the ball to Ivan who they were happy to allow a lot of time and space to, knowing he is not a danger with a ball at his feet. The absence of a right winger in front of him (Anelka) meant that our wide play was very poor indeed.

that was so obvious last season.. teams realised we only threatened on the left ...when this threat was nullified we tended to resort to the long ball.It was the reason I wanted Sanchez

I add that Bosingwa was awful before January because he didn't have direct support from his right winger in front of him (he was frequently in front of the adverse winger and the left back), because of his knee surgery he lost his stamina and his defensive marks. After January and this game at Bolton where the team played in a 4-4-2 shape in second half, Bosingwa was a bit better because Ramires could help him on the flank, he could block the wing and come back defending.

One of the two solutions to regain Bosingwa at his real level is to allow him a partner who would be a real winger as Zhirkov or Malouda 1 year ago, someone to combine with offensively and someone who could help him back defending. The other solution is for me to extend his contract ; because of it's expiration in 12 months I felt like he wanted to do the maximum to regain confidence from the club. By acting as it he made several mistakes.

So I think if we extend his contract, he would feel more confident

I can't see why we can't hijack Villa's chase for N'Zogbia, he'd slot right into our team and his ability to dribble and his consistency on either side of the pitch would be ideal. But because he plays for Wigan he is ignored. The fact he plays for a club that just avoided relegation belies the fact that like Rodallega, he is absolute class.

We have actually being linked with Adam Johnson :OOOO

Yeah It's the Sun, but still they are correct on this matter.