Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

No, it was well documented that the results weren't up to standards. For me however, many of the senior players spent too much time criticising tactics and moaning about not playing and not enough time shutting the fuck up and doing the talking on the pitch. The players we have are all capped internationals, trophy winners, they don't forget how to win a match vs WBA because the manager told them to change their role slightly.

Obviously, Andre inherited a squad well past it's prime where the rebuilding has been a long time coming. The fact that we now have to start again is quite simply, ludicrous.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt you guys are going to continue blame Lampard for his sacking.

Lampard is being criticised for his 'attitude' & 'comments' (direct quotes, no conspiracy).

This was never about whether he 'directly' influenced the decision or not.

Its funny how some people really thinks AVB is a great manager. He wont join any big european club any time soon after this season.

I'm pretty sure he will turn out successful even after that, this job came too soon for him.

Sacking Carlo, appointing and sacking AVB and signing Torres cost a combined £86m :doh:

We could have let Carlo see out his contract, then brung AVB in and used that £86m to rebuild the side.

Its funny how some people really thinks AVB is a great manager. He wont join any big european club any time soon after this season.

Its funny how you dont see any cause and effect between our incredibly shitty and aging squad and the recent performances.

Sacking Carlo, appointing and sacking AVB and signing Torres cost a combined £86m :doh:

We could have let Carlo see out his contract, then brung AVB in and used that £86m to rebuild the side.

The thing is that Roman don't care cause he got the money. But the bad thing is that we are worse, because that money is reflected in our balance sheet, and thus stop us from spending more due to the FFP rules.

Roman could throw another 300 mill for all he cares, but the club can't handle that, because we don't make enough revenue to balance it out.

Don't think he is right now, but has potential.

And buying potential is great, but not for the job Roman put AVB to do. That was lunatic!

What's done is done. I'm fuming over the way AVB had been treated by the players and now left out in the cold by Roman and his sharks but we got to move on now. We must concentrate on getting 4th spot as in my humble opinion that is absolutely vital to us in terms of player pulling power for next season! There are other routes for us to go down if we don't get the 4th spot like bringing in a few unknown youngsters and giving our current young lads a chance but this is Chelsea and we all know that just isn't what we do!

Exactly!!! Daft really

And no surprising how managers have said they wouldnt take the job..Brendan Rogers 'I wana forward my career not damage it...' sums up how we're looked at really at the moment

Exactly!!! Daft really

And no surprising how managers have said they wouldnt take the job..Brendan Rogers 'I wana forward my career not damage it...' sums up how we're looked at really at the moment

That's why all the world laughs at us.

You know you need changes when freakin Brendan Rodgers wants to stay at his (brilliant) Swansea team and considers it a step backward if he comes to us.

Hopefully we'll sign Robben/Jarvis/Albrighton, new LB cover and bring in some youth next summer AT LEAST and finally go forward!

As a Porto fan, my opinion is that you lost (or wasted) a great manager. He needed to build a team as he wish, but that is not possible in 8 mounths. He won in Porto because that was an associatian of a great organization with a great manager. The work was all done, the team was barely the same (he just hired a left defender to be substitute of Alvaro), a centre-back to compensate the exit of Bruno Alves to Zenit, and a miedfielder (João Moutinho) to substitute Meireles.

Plus, he worked James Rodriguez to a point that you can see this season (and you will hear a lot of him in the future). The rest was there, great young players with the will to win everything, you the spirit to beat every teams!

AVB brought to Porto the young blood of irreverence. If you look at Porto's squad, the old players are a few, and without vicious of being absolutely incontestable. They know that they need to word hard if they want to play.

And that was the problem in Chelsea, when some of the players stayed in the bench, it provoked the first negative reactions. In Porto, if that happened, the Presidente Pinto da Costa would have talked to those players and they would have been punished, for sure! That gives the manager the confidence he needs to do his work without having to answer every week the press about issues with players A or B in the squad. What Chelsea needed was a person like Pinto da Costa to control the players. When the manager has to give the face to protect himself and the players from press questions, the problem will never be solved!

I think he shouldn't have gone to Chelsea so early, because he should predict that the relationship with the players could be problematic when you bring new ideas.

I give this example: 4 matches ago, Porto lost with Gil Vicente in an away game, where the referee allowed 2 irregular goal do Gil (the first from a freekick that wasn't foul, the second was offside), and didn't pointed 2 penaltys for Porto. In the end of the game, Porto was 5 points behind benfica. Pinto da Costa went to the closet in the end of the game, call down the players and demanded the players to work harder! 4 matches later, Porto is in the first place, won 8 points to benfica, and won the away game with benfica when we were tied up with them. There was no time to the press question the manager, the players, etc. The president solves thoses problems before they went wrong. In Chelsea, that hasn't happened.

Chelsea should hire now a coach with strong spirit and firm in his decisions, and assure him the minimum of 3 years contract. Plus, hire a man to control the closet, to be always upon the players, so the manager can only work on the opponent and on the tactics. That manager should be AVB, but the owner doesn0t think so...

to make that clearout you have to buy to many good players at the same time. and that's not a question of money (not a problem in Chelsea), that's a question of those players wanting to come... You cannot do that in 2 mounths. AVB knew that. And he knew e needed 1 year to build a team. but the results weren't the best...