Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

Grant says two players went behind his back to put the boot into him when he was boss. Villas Boas had problems keeping the entire squad onside during his turbulent eight months in charge.

Grant, now coach at Partisan Belgrade, added: "It is dangerous for the owners to listen to the players. They talk when they are angry and there are always a couple of players who are not happy with the coach.

"At a club like Chelsea with 27 full internationals how do you keep everyone happy? I know of two players who criticised me, not because they were right but because they were angry with me. The owners should not listen to them."

He talked some sense there. But this job isn't the easiest in the world, are you kidding me? Just ask Mourinho, Scolari, Carlo and AVB. I also didn't see him mentioning it in the interview, it's just bullshit headline made up. He just said it is easier to take over from the previous manager than it would be for the successor of SAF... and it is probably true.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I posted days ago a poster called "Chelsea, a disaster by AVB".

I think disaster is the best word to describe AVB tenure. It was a disaster from the beginning.

When he arrived he decided the squad was good enough to win 4 trophies, when it was pretty clear it wasnt. I understand Lukaku wasnt one of his signings, but he bought Meireles, one of our worst signings in recent years and while we got an exciting player in Juan Mata we still dont know what's his best position, so whats the point of buying a good player when you dont know how to use him?

He wanst the kind of manager to take the best from players. Guus Hiddink was the one that first tried Ivanovic as a right back, something the portuguese would never try, all he could do was using Bosingwa as a left back. Luiz is a good player but he needs a manager that will teach him one or two things, this is what a player needs not a manager that keeps saying he is a world class defender when the world knows its a lie.

The guy was arrogant and stupid. He was letting Lampard on the bench and using Meirles only to make a point, not to get 3 points, and his "its my way or the highway" aproach was really silly. What the hell this 33 years old unproven "manager" was thinking?

The way he acted in JT case wasnt good at all and it was also funny how in the beginning of the season he loved to do those flamboyant stupid fake celebrations and as soon as the results got really bad he started to celebrate the goals like a normal person would do.

While I think Carlo Ancelotti wasnt the right man, I respect the guy, but AVB was just a bad joke, and probably the worst thing Red Rom did since he bought the club was hiring the guy, and the best thing was firing him.

417765_371781636174308_203200596365747_1454415_1234602341_n3.jpg

Well, I posted days ago a poster called "Chelsea, a disaster by AVB".

I think disaster is the best word to describe AVB tenure. It was a disaster from the beginning.

When he arrived he decided the squad was good enough to win 4 trophies, when it was pretty clear it wasnt. I understand Lukaku wasnt one of his signings, but he bought Meireles, one of our worst signings in recent years and while we got an exciting player in Juan Mata we still dont know what's his best position, so whats the point of buying a good player when you dont know how to use him?

He wanst the kind of manager to take the best from players. Guus Hiddink was the one that first tried Ivanovic as a right back, something the portuguese would never try, all he could do was using Bosingwa as a left back. Luiz is a good player but he needs a manager that will teach him one or two things, this is what a player needs not a manager that keeps saying he is a world class defender when the world knows its a lie.

The guy was arrogant and stupid. He was letting Lampard on the bench and using Meirles only to make a point, not to get 3 points, and his "its my way or the highway" aproach was really silly. What the hell this 33 years old unproven "manager" was thinking?

While I think Carlo Ancelotti wasnt the right man, I respect the guy, but AVB was just a bad joke, and probably the worst thing Red Rom did since he bought the club was hiring the guy, and the best thing was firing him.

Agree with these points. AvB definitely is a hard worker but at his age, I don't believe he was anywhere near ready to take over the helm of Chelsea FC. He did well at FC Porto and credit to him, he built relationships with the talented youths, gave them confidence and his tactics fit the team really well. Who knows, had he decided to stay at Porto, maybe they could of shocked a few teams in the latter stages of the UCL this season!

I'm not sure why Chelsea's manager, his staff & the higher management decided to keep the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa, Mikel...because season by season, all of their respective values are on the decline. It would of been interesting to see players like Lalkovic (Wing, could add pace, trickery off the bench), Kakuta (Wing, he's raw but I feel he can be explosive once he gains confidence), Bertrand (LB, he could of played against some of the lower EPL sides, give Cole some rest for important fixtures), McEachran (Instead of persisting with Meireles, how about giving him 30-60 minutes) given a few starts this seasons...surely, they couldn't have done much worse in their respective positions.

Hope we find the correct manager to lead us into the future. The only solid EPL-experienced manager who might be available is Moyes.

AVB has the quailty but not the experience

that said, NO MANAGER IN THE WORLD would have us top 3 right now, or in any better position in CL. our squad right now is paper thin and above average in quality AT BEST

the worst thing about this is it just passes the buck on the matter of the squad. players got what they wanted YET AGAIN.

the player power here is impossible to overcome and the front office is incompetent when it comes to matters of football.

also, I love chelsea with all of my heart, but if roman hires rafa... i'm not sure i can deal with that.

According to some sources avb left cobham in tears as most of the players didn't bother to say goodbye....grim if true. The guy at least deserved a good luck and goodbye.

If true probably a good indication of the manner in which he had tried the 'divide and rule' tactic with the players.

There'll be more and more coming out from this point on. Things said early this morning by Alan Brazil (I know he can be a clown at times but is still connected with a few who do know some inner workings of a few clubs) relating to AVB's first meeting with Drogba, Lampard & Cole where he has allegedly said this'll be your last year at Chelsea, I'll be moving you on as soon as I can. Staggering If true, and no surprise that there may have been a lack of sympathy shown.

How to make friends and influence people in one easy lesson - NOT

If true probably a good indication of the manner in which he had tried the 'divide and rule' tactic with the players.

There'll be more and more coming out from this point on. Things said early this morning by Alan Brazil (I know he can be a clown at times but is still connected with a few who do know some inner workings of a few clubs) relating to AVB's first meeting with Drogba, Lampard & Cole where he has allegedly said this'll be your last year at Chelsea, I'll be moving you on as soon as I can. Staggering If true, and no surprise that there may have been a lack of sympathy shown.

How to make friends and influence people in one easy lesson - NOT

seriously doubt he said that to them but as you say if its true its absolutely crazy. Managerial suicide

"The Portuguese was also said to be upset that the majority of the squad did not say goodbye or wish him luck."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-left-training-ground-in-tears-after-sacking-most-of-players-did-not-say-goodbye-it-is-understood-article874736.html

If this is true, I really hate our squad. I genuinely feel sad for Villas-Boas. Not just sad, but actually upset and angry. I am a very disappointed fan.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle874736.html

If this is true, I really hate our squad. I genuinely feel sad for Villas-Boas. Not just sad, but actually upset and angry. I am a very disappointed fan.

Pathetic Players. I hope that all this cunts will be out from CFC in the summer,Specially DD,FL,AC.

Shame that RDM can't put them in the Reserves.

giving Studge his 1st team spot, gett'n rid of Anelka, try'n to get rid of Kalouda, bringing in a very hott doctor, bringing in a club legend like DiMatteo, try'n to give youngsters a chance (mellis, kaby, clifford etc. on pre season)... buy'n a good player with loads of ptential for 5 Mio Pounds (Romeu), bought one of the worlds best footballers for me at a bargain price at 23 Millions.

wanted to get rid of Bossy but didnt get a propper right back at the market (Perreira)...

working twelve hours a day and TRY'N to guide everybody commited to the team and make the team look like a unite (he try'd to implement the squad being together as much as possible with haveing lunch and meal together, with resting and training all at the trainingground and not come and go), he wanted to splitt up the little cliques at the Changeing room Lamps/JT, Drogs/Mikel/Kalou, FloMo/Anelka, Bossy/.... actually nobody liked bossy...

he did very or tried very very good things... but maybe he tried too much in an too short period of time... still ppl on this board wanted him to do more...

It looks good on paper, but what did it achieve? Knocked out of the Carling Cup at home to the eventual winners Scumpool, 5th and falling in the league, A reply against Div 2 Birmingham, and 2 goals behind elimination from the Champions League.. Lets be honest, he has the talent but needed more time before taking over a club like ours. This isn't his fault, it's the board and owners and they are paying for it. I like AVB but his plan wasn't thought out enough before he executed it.. I have absolutely no doubt he will be a great manager one day, just not at our club unfortunately..

It looks good on paper, but what did it achieve? Knocked out of the Carling Cup at home to the eventual winners Scumpool, 5th and falling in the league, A reply against Div 2 Birmingham, and 2 goals behind elimination from the Champions League.. Lets be honest, he has the talent but needed more time before taking over a club like ours. This isn't his fault, it's the board and owners and they are paying for it. I like AVB but his plan wasn't thought out enough before he executed it.. I have absolutely no doubt he will be a great manager one day, just not at our club unfortunately..

and if you can tell me honestly its all his fault and hes carrying the majority of the failure than I can admit you're right, but if you want to ask why he didn't bow down to that so named "big players", then I feel sorry for you mate.

PPL asking why he didn't play Lamps and played Morethanless instead of him... its quiet simple... both where shit, from top to down, lamps too, and don't let you be fooled for his 6 winning goals, lamsp was an absolute disgrace this time, he didn't perform and when boas tried different things with him at DM because of his decreasing speed, or rotating him with meireless (who was AS BAD as Lamps... correct AS BAD AS...), AVB choose a player who at least didn't fight with him at all fronts...

and this is not his fault sorry...

I always liked AVB, but he was a shit tactician and too rigid to adapt. He should have played boring, boring old Chelsea this season and then played his football the season after.

He dug his grave now he rests in it.

He should look at Antonio Conte's tactical flexibility and Massimiliano Allegri's handling of older stars if he wants to manage another big club. Because god knows he will need it at Inter.