Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

No matter how much I love AVB, he dipped into the transfer market waaaay too late in the summer and didn't do much business in January,

Roman Abramovich had trouble with Berezovsky at the winter so he not allocated big money for transfers

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good on paper, but what did it achieve? Knocked out of the Carling Cup at home to the eventual winners Scumpool, 5th and falling in the league, A reply against Div 2 Birmingham, and 2 goals behind elimination from the Champions League.. Lets be honest, he has the talent but needed more time before taking over a club like ours. This isn't his fault, it's the board and owners and they are paying for it. I like AVB but his plan wasn't thought out enough before he executed it.. I have absolutely no doubt he will be a great manager one day, just not at our club unfortunately..

That is a low blow right there and down right hypocritical....Because there was no way you can come out now and say you criticize him for playing the youth?...How do some of you live with yourself, jumping from one bandwagon to the next just to prove a point....All of a sudden you have forgotten "Josh and Ryan needs game time and we are glad that the carling cup is for them win or loose"....Just pathetic....

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle874736.html

If this is true, I really hate our squad. I genuinely feel sad for Villas-Boas. Not just sad, but actually upset and angry. I am a very disappointed fan.

If that is true, our squad are unfortunately not only bad footballers, but awful human beings. I hope they leave the club in kind, with not one supporter wishing them good bye, good luck or thanking them for the memories.

I really hope AVB joins either Inter Milan or another English side (so I could follow him more easily) and goes on to great success.

Anyone thought of SAF asking AVB to becoming his own apprentice at Man United? o_o Prepare for the domination of your life times.

Interesting. AVB to Roma, Luis Enrique to Barca (doesn't matter how good or bad a coach he is, he will succeed with that club, in that league) and Pep to Chelsea.

Win, win, win lol.

But I read somewhere that Pep wants 15m a year.Surely that's too much even for Chelsea pay standards.

I really hope AVB joins either Inter Milan or another English side (so I could follow him more easily) and goes on to great success.

Anyone thought of SAF asking AVB to becoming his own apprentice at Man United? o_o Prepare for the domination of your life times.

I was reading a thread on red cafe about AVB being sacked. Many of them would like him to join now and take over from Fergie.

I was reading a thread on red cafe about AVB being sacked. Many of them would like him to join now and take over from Fergie.

Welp... time to look at it myself and begin to cry. If Man United get AVB, I'll be literally pissing my pants... He's a legend in the making. D:

Welp... time to look at it myself and begin to cry. If Man United get AVB, I'll be literally pissing my pants... He's a legend in the making. D:

They won't get him. Maybe in years to come, but definitely not anytime soon.

But I read somewhere that Pep wants 15m a year.Surely that's too much even for Chelsea pay standards.

Didn't Roman pay more than that for AVB? release clause + salary?

They won't get him. Maybe in years to come, but definitely not anytime soon.

Didn't Roman pay more than that for AVB? release clause + salary?

AVB's salary was 8m but 15m a year is a lot even though he's regarded as one of the best managers in the world.

AVB's salary was 8m but 15m a year is a lot even though he's regarded as one of the best managers in the world.

So take the release clause 13m + 8m + 9m for firing him, and we have 30m, all that for 5th place :lol:

And i agree 15m is a lot, but hard to see any top manager that won't demand a lot to come here.

So take the release clause 13m + 8m + 9m for firing him, and we have 30m, all that for 5th place :lol:

And i agree 15m is a lot, but hard to see any top manager that won't demand a lot to come here.

I think managers will come here only for the severance package. :lol:

I don't know if this was posted, but AVB has the worst record as a Chelsea manager in the last 15 years.

Guus Hiddink Win Rate 73% P22 W16 D5 L1 F41 A19

Jose Mourinho Win Rate 68% P182 W123 D39 L20 F326 A115

Avram Grant Win Rate 67% P54 W36 D13 L5 F97 A36

Carlo Ancelotti Win Rate 63% P107 W67 D19 L21 F238 A89

Phil Scolari Win Rate 56% P36 W20 D11 L5 F66 A24

Claudio Ranieri Win Rate 53% P197 W105 D46 L46 F353 A197

Gianluca Vialli Win Rate 53% P140 W74 D37 L29 F219 A123

Ruud Gullit Win rate 50% P82 W41 D17 L24 F157 A108

AVB Win rate 49% P39 W19 D11 L9 F69 A42

No doubt you guys are going to continue blame Lampard for his sacking.