The English Football Thread

Steve

United now with the most away wins in the league. No way they'll be this dreadful at home next season and with new players coming in and no European football they'll be right back most likely.

Bastards.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

What do you mean? I remember when we was with RDM these poor technically players that are right now, to be really good. Even with Benitez.

I'm not talking of team play, I'm talkin about individual ability. Technical, means first touch, decision making/intelligence, dribbling, shooting technique, freekicks, passing accuracy. These things come natural, no amount of coaching can change this type of natural ability. I've seen our technical level compared to mancity and we are far behind.

Hazard has gotten better so you can't say its the coach that has made ramires not to be able to make a 5 yard pass. They're just not top technical players.02

Has to do with the philosphy of the coach. I saw similar actions under RDM.02

Has been woefull with Mourinho.02

Nope, its pure decision making. Our players are simply not intelligent enough compared to top 5 teams in europe. That nasri goal is a pure decision making ability by the player. The coach is not controlling the brain of the player to lay it for a simple tap in. Torres had the same chance with silva today against crystal palace last week to lay it to someone and you see the difference in intelligence.

Southampton players are like that because of the philosophy that their current manager implements in the team.

This season Mourinho team has not been of attack minded approach but very defensive and counter attacking.02

When you muffled the creativity of our AM like Mata, to be more defensived minded, this is the result.02

Best examples are against smaller teams, we are shit because our current manager has a set up that excel against team that attack us. When we have possession of the ball we are woeful, because Mourinho has not work well in the aspect of this like say a Pelle or Pochetinno.02

We have top players and we have paid top money for them. 30 million for Willian?02

I will repeat this 1000 times, Mourinho is not an offensive coach. Can't expect us to play like City with Mourinho ever.02

Okay you've confused what I'm saying. I didn't base this on a team play but on an individual player by player basis. Player by player we are technically too weak compared to even liverpool.

What I mean is that for example someone like lukaku is a good striker, but based on technicality alone, he's not even as good as papis cisse.

I'm saying based on our individual technique we would be 4th in the league behind mancity, lpool, arsenal.

Mourinho played very attacking football with madrid especially in his second season (121goals record) where he didn't quarell with half of the team. That 2012 madrid team, even their left back marcelo can dribble, pass, first touch, intelligent, and better technically than our whole current team bar hazard. Technical players gives a huge boost to tactics of a coach because they can't coach that.

So after Villa (with help from Chris Foy) beat us they go ahead and lose 3 in a row. Fucking typical.

We did play like complete shite so not surpsied they're loosing against better performing sides.

Palace won at least....

Bleh Man U not doing to badly...4-0

I'm not talking of team play, I'm talkin about individual ability. Technical, means first touch, decision making/intelligence, dribbling, shooting technique, freekicks, passing accuracy. These things come natural, no amount of coaching can change this type of natural ability. I've seen our technical level compared to mancity and we are far behind.

Hazard has gotten better so you can't say its the coach that has made ramires not to be able to make a 5 yard pass. They're just not top technical players.02

Nope, its pure decision making. Our players are simply not intelligent enough compared to top 5 teams in europe. That nasri goal is a pure decision making ability by the player. The coach is not controlling the brain of the player to lay it for a simple tap in. Torres had the same chance with silva today against crystal palace last week to lay it to someone and you see the difference in intelligence.

Okay you've confused what I'm saying. I didn't base this on a team play but on an individual player by player basis. Player by player we are technically too weak compared to even liverpool.

What I mean is that for example someone like lukaku is a good striker, but based on technicality alone, he's not even as good as papis cisse.

I'm saying based on our individual technique we would be 4th in the league behind mancity, lpool, arsenal.

Mourinho played very attacking football with madrid especially in his second season (121goals record) where he didn't quarell with half of the team. That 2012 madrid team, even their left back marcelo can dribble, pass, first touch, intelligent, and better technically than our whole current team bar hazard. Technical players gives a huge boost to tactics of a coach because they can't coach that.

You realized we had two of these and sold them?

Sturridge and Mata.

You realized we had two of these and sold them?

Sturridge and Mata.

Unfortunately we didn't play sturridge enough and mou liked faster and more versatile players than mata.

But still compared to the top teams, our midfielders are a far cry technically.

Unfortunately we didn't play sturridge enough and mou liked faster and more versatile players than mata.

But still compared to the top teams, our midfielders are a far cry technically.

Well we spend like 50 mill on schurrle and willian.

If they are not good enough for you then who's fault is that?

I was pointing out our general team weakness, technical ability. Nothing wrong with admiting that.

Well mourinho probably don't care about that otherwise he wouldn't have pushed for the players he bought.

Just saw the City highlights and AMAZINGLY they had a dodgy decision that changed the game....

.....WAIT.... That happens all the bloody time.

I love how we get that goal disallowed as Branislavs toe was marginally offside but Sulva he can be yards offside with no one near him and it's still a goal????

It's ridiculous and funnily enough Foy was the ref, they have helped city and Liverpool get results all season.

So proud of us today not letting our disallowed goal get us down and got some more :)

It would cost a mum or dad 14 hours worth of the minimum wage to buy the new England shirt for their Child. (£90) One more nail drilled by greed into football.

That is so fucked. I want the new Australian shirt they are wearing to the WC but I just can't afford it. Ridiculous.