• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But that's not sustainable, is it? On another day, they could have been on the end of a 4-0 spanking. 

Long term? Absolutely not, but short term it could work. It's proven that Mourinho is a short term manager. That isn't something new.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Nahh they will kick on after this, plus they have new blood in. We on the other hand have veen in relegation form for what seems like ages.

Two relatively small signings and you're losing your shit? If we had been the ones who signed Bergwijn and Fernandes, would you be confidently claiming we'll finish in the Top 4 or would you be moaning about the board signing average players? 

Spurs' form since our inconsistent run started has hardly been much better. And this is a Spurs side who recently lost to Southampton, dropped points at Norwich and Watford.

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

By the way, I'm muslim and don't do wagers. 

Apologies I wasn't aware.

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

First of all I'm saying we're in danger and we might not even reach top four. You're the one that is very confident and thinks there isn't a chance in hell that Spurs reach the top four.

Be more realistic mate. You even said that Bergwijn is average, and I told you that he is a promising player. Torres apologist? I wanted him to leave after his first full season.

I think we will do it purely because a six point lead against teams that struggle to string two wins together (even if we can't aswell) is a big advantage at this stage, even more so with all the rivals still to come to our gaff.

But furthermore even if we don't (which I accept is possible) I don't think it will be Spurs that take advantage, it will be United or Wolves.

Just now, Jason said:

Two relatively small signings and you're losing your shit? If we had been the ones who signed Bergwijn and Fernandes, would you be confidently claiming we'll finish in the Top 4 or would you be moaning about the board signing average players? 

Spurs' form since our inconsistent run started has hardly been much better. And this is a Spurs side who recently lost to Southampton, dropped points at Norwich and Watford.

Why you always gotta say we moan? Its the hard reality and we worry.....how is that moaning. If we moan so do you then. We are not losing our shit, just facing reality that top4 is now in real danger, cuz we sign no one, cuz we have an average squad. And those 2 might not be World beaters, but they at least have more options, we are the ones used to panic buys and average players.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

We're on a run of 1 win in 5. Sod what Spurs do it's what we're not doing that is worrying.

They also have one win in the last 5 games. 

People are afraid of Spurs and they will play with false 9 till the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Long term? Absolutely not, but short term it could work. It's proven that Mourinho is a short term manager. That isn't something new.

By unsustainable, I meant their shot count today. They're not gonna get lucky and win every game if they continue to have that few shots as today. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apologies I wasn't aware.

I think we will do it purely because a six point lead against teams that struggle to string two wins together (even if we can't aswell) is a big advantage at this stage, even more so with all the rivals still to come to our gaff.

But furthermore even if we don't (which I accept is possible) I don't think it will be Spurs that take advantage, it will be United or Wolves.

Its 4 between us and Spurs now. All of a sudden.

Man U and Wolves is 6..and Sheffield 5 which good on them! Least they'll be staying up

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

They also have one win in the last 5 games. 

People are afraid of Spurs and they will play with false 9 till the end of the season. 

It's 2 in their last 5. 

In the last 5 league games, Spurs have picked only 1 point more than us (7 to 6).

1 minute ago, Jason said:

By unsustainable, I meant their shot count today. They're not gonna get lucky and win every game if they continue to have that few shots as today. 

Hopefully we can get lucky and have the most shots and goals.

If we can do the double over them...all be lovely! Just to piss off smug face Jose.

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

But we're hardly any better. That's the issue. We're wasteful and all takes is a player not to be and bam goal points dropped.

So why are we basing this performance from Spurs as evidence they will leapfrog us? Even under Poch Spurs managed to get the better of City. Only difference is that with Poch they played decent football and offered something that we could genuinly worry about. 

This was the most smash and grab performance I've seen from Spurs and Mourinho. 

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Its 4 between us and Spurs now. All of a sudden.

Man U and Wolves is 6..and Sheffield 5 which good on them! Least they'll be staying up

If Sheffield get it, then Wilder is a lock in for top 3 manager of the decade minimum, already.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Why you always gotta say we moan? Its the hard reality and we worry.....how is that moaning. If we moan so do you then. We are not losing our shit, just facing reality that top4 is now in real danger, cuz we sign no one, cuz we have an average squad. And those 2 might not be World beaters, but they at least have more options, we are the ones used to panic buys and average players.

Our squad ain't great, that we all know but don't tell me you wouldn't be moaning if we had signed Bergwijn and Fernandes.

If you're talking about option, then we have options too! It's just not being utilized properly but that's another debate.