test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

So City are now being favoured by the refs? Nice little offside. But my lord how the hell can defending players stop playing like that?

So Bilic finally sacked. I think Moyes will be an absolutely dreadful appointment for them as well. Failed miserably in his last 3 jobs.

Crazy how few matches into the season...people hype Mourinho United into high heaven as if they are the best thing to happen after slice bread...don't get me wrong...they have few quality players in their squad but resorting to boring coward unadventurous style of play in big matches after spending fortune in the past windows is terribly bad..

petre.ispirescu likes this

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

Works both ways, City fans aren't particularly happy with the fact they have splashed big money on the likes of Stones and Walker while we have Azpi and Christensen for peanut's. 

Why? Why are the fans unhappy? It's not their money. The Arabs have a bottomless pit of money, the Citizens would want City to keep spending more and more. Their aim is to be the best in Europe, just like ours. But they are doing a much better job than us at the moment. We can't be the best in Europe with Willian, Moses, Alonso, Bats etc.

It's only embarrassing for them, is if they spend all that money and win zilch (like last season).

Leif likes this

It's equally embarrassing if they don't win the CL. They're clear favourites, clear clear clear. Winning the Premier League after a weak Chelsea side & weaker Leicester side, after all that money, is nothing. Winning the Premier League actually, I don't want to say is 'nothing', but it isn't what it used to be. CL is absolute priority for me, since it'll always be the only indicator of true greatness.

I really cannot stand the Spurs players. They go down so easily, they have divers in all departments but when a foul is against them, they will complain the shit out of them. Pussies.

Leif likes this

This Spuds performance is what I'm worried about for us today. Lethargic and completely off their usual game after the long break.

Anyways, we can potentially go 2nd if we win today. Huge, huge game!

xPetrCechx likes this

A very good game. Pretty even, spurs had tons of warning. Lacazete and Alexis have been playing at the shoulder the whole game. As much as English media has praised Ali this year, I thought on the ball he is not that great. 

Spuds look like Arsenal here and Arse look like Spuds. The Tater Tots look short of ideas and are getting bullied.

If i was Sanchez i would've issued a come-and-get-me plea to Juventus for a couple of seasons. Both would be better off; Juve really needed more instant-impact players, but they went for damn Bernardeschi.
Sanchez-Dybala would be orgasmic.