Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How do we know that the club is not after Sanchez?

Come on, mate. He's about 30 and would have very little sell on value by the end of his next contract. The opposite sort of player our board signs these days.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Too old, makes too much sense, too cheap, ideal as back up striker, can play on the wings or central and is one of very few elite players available at a cheap price.

All the reasons he won't be coming here.

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

Man City are willing to pay his ridiculous wage demands. Not a chance we pay 400k+ a week for a 29 year old who's best years are behind him. 

He turns 30 at the end of the year. He still has another 3 years performing at his peak imo. He has brilliant fitness and scores and assists. In general, he gets at least 20 goals a season which is terrific. He has not been as consistent this season because I think he wants to leave, however when fully settled he is still one of the best players in the league and would easily improve any PL team. Getting him for around £30m is not bad business as he is a top player. He will improve City or any side he goes to.

Seeing from the very reliable Arsenal journalists repeatedly that Arsenal are demanding/holding out for around £30-35m while City only want to offer £20-25m. Why the hell don't we just go to Arse with a fantastic offer of £35-40m!? Convince Alexis that he'll be a hugely important piece of our team and not just a cog in the City machine who won't even start every game.

Wake the fuck up, Chelsea! 

1 hour ago, Stats said:

He turns 30 at the end of the year. He still has another 3 years performing at his peak imo. He has brilliant fitness and scores and assists. In general, he gets at least 20 goals a season which is terrific. He has not been as consistent this season because I think he wants to leave, however when fully settled he is still one of the best players in the league and would easily improve any PL team. Getting him for around £30m is not bad business as he is a top player. He will improve City or any side he goes to.

He would make a mockery of our wage scale and create all types of chaos when it came to contract discussions. specially IF the Eden offer of £300lk was true

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

He would make a mockery of our wage scale and create all types of chaos when it came to cobtract discussions. specially IF the Eden offer of £300lk was true

I see your point. I am making my point at anyone who says it is a short term signing. If another team gets him, it is a quality addition which will only make their team better. Sterling and Sane may have scored more than Sanchez this season however Sanchez would prob be on same amount of Sterling had he been playing in that team.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I see your point. I am making my point at anyone who says it is a short term signing. If another team gets him, it is a quality addition which will only make their team better. Sterling and Sane may have scored more than Sanchez this season however Sanchez would prob be on same amount of Sterling had he been playing in that team.

Problem is that when the teams in trouble they tend to do desperate things,buy wrong,injured,too expensive etc players hoping to bandage the problems. But thats what happens when you get sloppy 2nds in the summer windows.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Come on, mate. He's about 30 and would have very little sell on value by the end of his next contract. The opposite sort of player our board signs these days.

My point is that, yet again, a poster makes up what he believes the club is, or is not, doing and blames them for it. Quote, "Why the hell aren't we after him ?"

We can all make a guess as to who we think the club is, or is not, interested in signing but but we do not know. I'd love the club to be chasing Arthur and Malcolm, not that I think we'd get either of them, but It would be ridiculous for me to blame the club for not being in the market for those players when, for all I know, they might be.

For what it's worth, I imagine that if Arthur comes to England it will be to City. He seems to me to be exactly the player Guardiola will want and City are building an attractiveness to talented players that we just can't match.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He seems to me to be exactly the player Guardiola will want and City are building an attractiveness to talented players that we just can't match.

I literally can't stand whst City are doing. That was meant to be us when AVB came in. Play attractive football with artistic flair. 

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

My point is that, yet again, a poster makes up what he believes the club is, or is not, doing and blames them for it. Quote, "Why the hell aren't we after him ?"

We can all make a guess as to who we think the club is, or is not, interested in signing but but we do not know. I'd love the club to be chasing Arthur and Malcolm, not that I think we'd get either of them, but It would be ridiculous for me to blame the club for not being in the market for those players when, for all I know, they might be.

For what it's worth, I imagine that if Arthur comes to England it will be to City. He seems to me to be exactly the player Guardiola will want and City are building an attractiveness to talented players that we just can't match.

Well I didn't mean it so literally.. Obviously there's a chance that we're interested but we can agree that it certainly doesn't look like we're REALLY after him.

Sky Sport reporting now that City are walking away from the deal. Quite surprising considering they have an open cheque.

Probably they have someone younger and cheaper lined up for the summer or Sanchez will stay until the summer and leave on a free, unless United push for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You