Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Man City are trying to emulate the Ossie Ardiles coached Tottenham that played with 5 attackers. Ardiles got sacked before the end of the season with them near the bottom of the league,his legacy tarnished..i`d like to see Pep go down the same route..but let him  blow their fortune first.

50 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Both Pep and Klopp are going to try to win every game 5-3.

Nope, because Pep will also sign Johny "Maldini" Evans who will take City's defense to the next level :Goober:

24 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Nope, because Pep will also sign Johny "Maldini" Evans who will take City's defense to the next level :Goober:

Lol Evans to City sounds just like something our board would come up with.

12 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

If we sit on our arses here and let city have a free run at him I don't know what to think. Would be perfect for us. Just the sort of grafter/winning mentality conte would love 

20-30mil more than the Ox..don't know why we aren't trying

Since we are apparently all about the value for money then it's beyond me why we would contemplate reported 40 mill for drinkwater? Put in another 25/30 mill and get sanchez and our team looks massively better. These are the signings we should be after and I can't imagine ANTONIO wouldn't want him 

7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

20-30mil more than the Ox..don't know why we aren't trying

Because Arsenal aren't selling unless a ridiculous bid comes in, and by ridiculous I mean like £80M or even more. Of course Sanchez is a world class game changer and AOC is only a decent squad player but still, completely different roles.

I for one fully understand the reasoning behind getting Ox and Drinky for the combined price it'd take to buy Sanchez. Getting the first two would pretty much complete the squad in both quality and quantity in midfield/wingback departments, whereas Sanchez would be more of a luxury signing to further improve the strike force which is already pretty good once Hazard returns.

Not fussed if City get him, they already have a ridiculous amount of attacking players and getting Sanchez won't improve them by much because it will only knock other good players like Jesus, Sterling, Sane etc. further down the pecking order.

Sanchez to City makes perfect sense. City have two wingers and they're both prospects. Sanchez, Sane and Sterling (unless the rumours of him leaving are true) for the flanks and Jesus and Aguero up top.

(Bernardo isn't the type of player Guardiola has been known to use as a forward. Not on a regular basis anyways.)

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Sanchez to City makes perfect sense. City have two wingers and they're both prospects. Sanchez, Sane and Sterling (unless the rumours of him leaving are true) for the flanks and Jesus and Aguero up top.

(Bernardo isn't the type of player Guardiola has been known to use as a forward. Not on a regular basis anyways.)

Bernardo to be a David Silva replacement, I think.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Bernardo to be a David Silva replacement, I think.

That's what I think too.

Very sensible move if they pull it off. You need a lot more than Sané and Sterling to make waves in the CL. Even for the PL that's a light strike force. Sanchez could make the difference.

Them selling to City is sort of an "out of sight, out of mind" sort of scenario. Don't think they'd have much of a problem shipping him there.

Their fans would revolt and boycott games if they sold him here on the other hand. Simply too much hatred and animosity between Arsenal and Chelsea.

Just now, DYC. said:

That's what I think too.

Very sensible move if they pull it off. You need a lot more than Sané and Sterling to make waves in the CL. Even for the PL that's a light strike force. Sanchez could make the difference.

They already have to be favourites.  Adding Sanchez will seal it IMO.

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

They already have to be favourites.  Adding Sanchez will seal it IMO.

Utd are the favourites for me. They're more balanced overall, and solid at the back.

I have my questions about the Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne midfield (off the ball and especially dealing with transitions). And how good is that backline really? Especially without Kompany, who will most likely struggle with his fitness. Walker is good but Mendy still has a bit to learn on the defensive end. Otamendi is good but he has his moments of insanity. Stones... never been a fan, have to see how he develops. GK is a question mark for me because I don't know him.

Sanchez could be a game changer though, yeah. It will be interesting.

18 minutes ago, Jype said:

Because Arsenal aren't selling unless a ridiculous bid comes in, and by ridiculous I mean like £80M or even more. Of course Sanchez is a world class game changer and AOC is only a decent squad player but still, completely different roles.

I for one fully understand the reasoning behind getting Ox and Drinky for the combined price it'd take to buy Sanchez. Getting the first two would pretty much complete the squad in both quality and quantity in midfield/wingback departments, whereas Sanchez would be more of a luxury signing to further improve the strike force which is already pretty good once Hazard returns.

Not fussed if City get him, they already have a ridiculous amount of attacking players and getting Sanchez won't improve them by much because it will only knock other good players like Jesus, Sterling, Sane etc. further down the pecking order.

He has less than 12 months left on his contract..no club is going to bid 80m when they know he's not gonna sign a new contract.

I do understand the logic in getting the 2 (Ox and Drinkwater) from a squad depth perspective only, however it will not give us anymore quality than what we have now. Like you've said, Sanchez is a game changer, could get us at least an extra 10points in the league and push us to the CL quarters.

But you're right, what we need now is depth.

Just now, DYC. said:

Utd are the favourites for me. They're more balanced overall, and solid at the back.

I have my questions about the Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne midfield (off the ball and especially dealing with transitions). And how good is that backline really? Especially without Kompany, who will most likely struggle with his fitness. Walker is good but Mendy still has a bit to learn on the defensive end. Otamendi is good but he has his moments of insanity. Stones... never been a fan, have to see how he develops. GK is a question mark for me because I don't know him.

Sanchez could be a game changer though, yeah. It will be interesting.

GK seems to be the same as last year.  Apparently quite good on the ball.  Can't save anything.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You