Alexis Sanchez

milllz

On 12/01/2018 at 7:20 PM, Tomo said:

Tbhi can sympathize with him. He probably got fed bullshit by Wenger about how they were looking at breaking into the elite and his three full season's so far they haven't sniffed the title and got knocked out of the CL at the last 16 stage, once by Monaco and twice embarrassingly. He has basically been duped into wasting his prime years and for his actions of late im happy to give the benefit of the doubt was him lashing out in realization of that.

That is still no excuse. Regardless of who Arsenal sign, where they finish where they have been trying to finish etc, just an excuse. 

The same with Chelsea fans who say Hazard has to leave to play with players of his own quality/level or to compete for the Ballon D'Or... and the amount of times I've seen it this season is scary. He chose to sign for Arsenal, Hazard chose to sign for Chelsea... its not like they were coerced, both undoubtedly knew what they were getting into as opposed to signing for a better team like a Barca or Real where almost every player in the starting 11 and bench is elite level (Hazard who had every club in Europe after him) or staying where they were, at a team that was winning everything more or less in previous years (Sanchez at Barca, although he didnt play as often that last season). 

Just a poor excuse to justify an incredibly poor attitude, Sanchez this season for definite has been underwhelming in terms of performance and attitude, the attitude in particular for me is the worst part, it is incredibly unprofessional, these guys are making mega money, they could at least be professional - look at Coutinho, didn't want to be at Liverpool but he busted his arse for them and eventually got his move, this should be the same for everybody in that situation. Also re the whole Hazard thing (I know you didnt bring it up in your post but just a general observation from the forum/social media for the last good while): why would Chelsea fans even say shit like that? Just incredibly daft and would consider they have their heads examined. 

Saying that, if Sanchez is available for 30-35m and reasonable wages, sign him up. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I'm hoping for a last minute push but I doubt it. Best we can hope for is a token bid like we did for Lukaku just to make it look like we tried. 

It's all hands to the pump for Andy Carroll now mate, no time to be messing about with Sanchez.

20 hours ago, Pizy said:

Sanchez's has always been to be as forceful as possible and to score.

But isn't that what a real striker is supposed to do? Score at all costs. Of course its not always going to work but as long as theres a higher percentage of ones thay do, I wish Edens came oit more often cause we know hes got it in him. The goal V Arseholes was simply amazing. Where the fuck does that Eden hide?

I feel so frustrated seeing United pushing for him and us not doing a thing.

We've done business with Arsenal before, there should be some strings to be pulled. Why aren't we even trying? 

The guy is world class potential and we could have him for 30-35 I guess. How big can his wages be? 

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I feel so frustrated seeing United pushing for him and us not doing a thing.

We've done business with Arsenal before, there should be some strings to be pulled. Why aren't we even trying? 

The guy is world class potential and we could have him for 30-35 I guess. How big can his wages be? 

Very high mate. MAYBE why we aren't in for him?

Just saw an article from ESPN detailing why Sanchez does and does not make sense for us and honestly the cons are definitely true. Mainly the wages part. If Sanchez were to come in and command £350-400k a week why would Hazard ask for a penny less to stay? It would probably completely cripple our wage structure.

That's got to be the sole stumbling block here. Whereas Mourinho and United are more than willing to work with slimey agents who want huge fees themselves (like they did with Pogba and Lukaku) and are willing to pay literally whatever it takes in wages. We simply can't compete.

14 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

That says a lot about the club's ambitions, though.

Why would Courtois and Hazard extend their contracts, under these circumstances? 

Exactly this.

I honestly never expected this after Munich. I thought we'd consolidate and push on from what we had achieved. Players should have been clammering to sign for us.

But instead we've gone on this ultra conservative approach to transfers and we've regressed back to the point where we can't compete for the best players now.

People should brace themselves for a Hazard-less Chelsea next season - him leaving is a very big possibility, and I don't blame him one bit.

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Exactly this.

I honestly never expected this after Munich. I thought we'd consolidate and push on from what we had achieved. Players should have been clammering to sign for us.

But instead we've gone on this ultra conservative approach to transfers and we've regressed back to the point where we can't compete for the best players now.

People should brace themselves for a Hazard-less Chelsea next season - him leaving is a very big possibility, and I don't blame him one bit.

Eden would be out of here soon enough anyway just as soon as ZZ whistled.

As for these players comin a clammering to join us we have never had that sort of magnetism I'n afraid.

So we either dig deep and pay pver the odds as bribes or we buy Andy Caroll types.

27 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

That says a lot about the club's ambitions, though.

Why would Courtois and Hazard extend their contracts, under these circumstances? 

Yep. Hazard especially has to be looking at the signings the Manchester clubs have been making recently compared to us and shaking his head. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just saw an article from ESPN detailing why Sanchez does and does not make sense for us and honestly the cons are definitely true. Mainly the wages part. If Sanchez were to come in and command £350-400k a week why would Hazard ask for a penny less to stay? It would probably completely cripple our wage structure.

That's got to be the sole stumbling block here. Whereas Mourinho and United are more than willing to work with slimey agents who want huge fees themselves (like they did with Pogba and Lukaku) and are willing to pay literally whatever it takes in wages. We simply can't compete.

For sure, that's it.  Hazard and Fabregas are the highest earners at the club right now.  Can't have Sanchez rock up, having done nothing and make twice as much as these guys.

Imagine if your/people's work did that?  Have you around for years, you play a big part in winning department/group/whatever of the year.  Some dude shows up, joins the team and makes twice as much money as you?

If he came here, the whole wage structure would be in shambles.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You