La Liga Thread

Steve

What is funny that they thought they would turn all attacking with Carlo, but he came out with this game using a defensive line up.

Which to be fair, I'm surprised since when Carlo was at Chelsea we would be all attacking.

Carlo seems to be a one extreme or the other manager (if his time with us is anything to go by), it's either very good or very bad. We got to see both of those extreme's in his two season's.

This is what I've been saying to those stupid Madrid fans, they all blamed Jose, they all called for his head in that friendly and said it was revenge. They where mad at him for how he treat Casillas, even though it was Casillas being the wanker, and now look, is Casillas still playing?, no.

Madrid are a project right now, they are undergoing a change of philosophy from counter attacking to a more attacking style of play.

Ancelotti has to integrate Isco, Jese, Illarramendi and Bale into a team that was already full of world class talent, it will take time for him to find his best 11 like it will with Jose.

W

ill Perez give him time? After Jose's last season at the Bernabeu, you'd think so because I honestly though Jose would get sacked. Perez gave Ancelotti a problem, albeit a nice problem, having talented players such as Isco, Bale and Illarramendi to add to an already talented midfield section that was pretty much settled with Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo with Alonso and Khedira behind them.

Anyway I heard Varane made a mistake for Barca's second goal, my twitter TL was going mental, everyone saying Varane is a bad defender for making one mistake, the lads 20 years old and has world class potential but one mistake and people are saying Marquinhos and Papadopulos are better than him when they aren't.... bit of an overreaction.

LOL @ many of these fanboyish comments about mourinho and real im reading, but to each his own...

Well Ryan, Varane is coming back from injury and isn't even near being 100 percent fit yet he did a very good job today imo. Other than a bit of a lack of speed in some situations can't see too much to blame him on, he is a top class talent, did a much better job than pepe who ended up commiting a challenge on fabregas that should have been called a penalty ffs, looool. He could have done better for Alexis goal but this is majority diego lopez's fault.
As for Carlo, Madrid is still in experimentation, considering what the situation in the club is atm it is understandable that madrid isn't playing amazingly, even then i feel madrid are a bit unlucky to lose today.
I will wait till end of season to make a judgement on carlo, he has been very unimpressive thus far though and hes done plenty of mistakes in my book, already. There are things to sort out, players that have to gain form after injuries, tactics to be solved...Heck ronaldo might end up playing more centrally and this process has already started really, 90 percent of his goals this season have all come from positions where him playing @ the left is mostly irrelevant.
I don't like carlo as a manager so far, he exudes no confidence, his personality as a whole is a let down in a way, and tactically he is not impressing, he should get a rompous sack by end of season if there is no definite improvement, if madrid gets eliminated out of all competitions early this will only be easier to happen. If madrid waits until next winter to fire him, madrid wouldnt be getting a new long term manager until almost 2 seasons from now lol. Carlo has till may, if madrid has no redeeming qualities and hes still manager by 14/15, then perez is am imbecile.
Maybe id be more leniant with him but the guy has ostracized casemiro, keeps playing the joke of khedira, has taken so many minutes away from carvajal just to play arbeloa which has benefitted in no way (quite the opposite actually), keeps trying these lame two striker formations, after 3 months still has the team looking more or less clueless...Really if by may madrid sucks as much as it does now, theres no need for him to be in madrid, unimpressive in all ways, there are other managers with better personalities and very nice tactical ideas out there.
EDIT: also talking about madrid, pogba is going to be put to sale next season and i believe that madrid do have a form of dibs on gundogan from dortmund, if carlo could find a way to play ronaldo elsewhere than on the left then it could be realistic to push isco to that position (or away from 3 midfield positions) and instead buy pogba and gundogan and play trio of them 2 with illarramendi, which would of course be monumental, but bale is a problem here...It could happen..
I think madrid gets pogba, barca gundogan. And madrid either move isco forward and play pogba modric illarra trio or bench modric, and buy new cf.

LOL @ many of these fanboyish comments about mourinho and real im reading, but to each his own...

Madrid fans have hailed mourinho's name during matches this season, so there is no fanboyish comments made about how you miss him.

This barcelona side is the worst since 2008, messi is playing at 50% level and they are not good in possesion as the were before. In fact, a team out possessed barca this season as a testament to how poor they are this season and still madrid looked so dull, no energy or fight in them like i've seen most times this season.

No one is wrong in saying mourinho is missed by madrid. Anyways, your loss, our gain :P

Madrid fans have hailed mourinho's name during matches this season, so there is no fanboyish comments made about how you miss him.

This barcelona side is the worst since 2008, messi is playing at 50% level and they are not good in possesion as the were before. In fact, a team out possessed barca this season as a testament to how poor they are this season and still madrid looked so dull, no energy or fight in them like i've seen most times this season.

No one is wrong in saying mourinho is missed by madrid. Anyways, your loss, our gain :P

Just goes to show how great Pep did with them, the fact he still has doubters is laughable.

Since I saw last night´s game, both teams were not very impressive, in my view. Currently, none of these two can challenge Bayern.

Barca to me, is not even close to the the team of two years ago. Real has not gotten better either.

I am not too surprise to see Atletico Madrid close to the top of La Liga.

Just goes to show how great Pep did with them, the fact he still has doubters is laughable.

He is a very good manager, even though he ends up having superb players in teams he coaches, he is still a good manager. Whos tactics can be applied to every team at any time and can still work. If you remember, pep's barcelona never let teams have more than 10 passes and they collect the ball back. Pep's tactics is underestimated

He is a very good manager, even though he ends up having superb players in teams he coaches, he is still a good manager. Whos tactics can be applied to every team at any time and can still work. If you remember, pep's barcelona never let teams have more than 10 passes and they collect the ball back. Pep's tactics is underestimated

He had great players at Barca, but the Barca he inherited were just that, a team of talented individuals turned into the team everyone (apart from Chelsea :P ) feared more than any other.

It annoys me when i hear the line "anyone can be good in that Barca team", it's totally ignorant to the work Pep done, he was just as important to their success under him as Messi, if not more.

Of course, Pep is a good manager. However, the talent he inherited, helped him a lot. Some say, he made Messi. Whether, itś true I do not know, but one thing I know, it was not hard to guide Messi as his talent was seen from his early days.

Some folks brag about Pep. I do not doubt his ability, but his style, he can shove it, I feel.

I would predict Bale flopping and moving back to England.. However, due to his pricetag, he probably won't (similar to Kaka and Torres).

If RM, dont wint la liga, its going to be a huge letdown (shows you how significant Xabi is to both Spain and Madrid)