• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Every season, including the bad seasons have good moments in them. This season has been overall disastrous so far. We lost to Scum Ham home and away. Lost to Ole 3 times. Lost to Newcastle in the dying seconds of the match. Lost to Bournemouth and Southampton at home. Humiliated by Bayern Munich. Spanked by Everton. 

Along with conceding silly, comical goals. Conceded more goals than bloody Arsenal at the moment.

You know what's the worst part? The season isn't finished yet. 

But all of this doesn't matter if we get CL place. 

Btw City also lost three times against Ole. 

29 minutes ago, Mana said:

It kind of matters. Getting 4/5th place does not erase the horror displays of this season. Also I don’t know how we can get a CL place if we continue to ship in goals past Kepa like candy.

In the season 05-06 when we won the league we lost 3:0 to Middlesbrough. 

In 99-00 when UTD won the league and become World champion we beat them 0:5.

FFS Liverpool lost 4:0 last night.

CL spot is all that matters now and a couple of horrid displays will be forgotten very soon.

And we had 5 wins in a row ( we won against 3 top teams at the table in this period) before losing to WH. 

It is just one match. We can easily go on winning run again.

About CL place I am not worrying because I expect Leicester to lose a least half of possible 18 points left. Did you see their schedule? And form? So we can lose 1 game and have two draws and we would still finish above them.

Wolves and UTD would overtake us but who cares. 5th place gets you CL.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It is just one game. We had 5 wins in a row before...

Yes it was! but as someone said earlier I too thought we had turned this corner the team not turning up and getting turned over by inferior relegation fodder.

Just to add that apart from a CB and a LB we need a striker, Abraham needs to be loaned out, Olly is only good as stop gap at the end of the game, and so we have incomig Timo but we desperately need a decent back up.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

10/11 2nd in the league with 71 points and QF in the CL.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

P.S - 2010/11 we finished 2nd??? How can that be one of the worst???

I mentioned 2010/11 because we went nowhere that season. We released a number of senior players and failed to refresh the squad. The only two notable players we bought in the summer of 2010 was Ramires and Benayoun (remember him?). Otherwise, the squad was old and stale. Even the signing of Luiz and a washed-up Torres in January 2011 hardly improved matters. The fact that we crashed and burned so hard the following season, despite the FA Cup and Champions League wins, only backed that up. There was simply nothing positive and there was no progression in 2010/11. 

So what we finished 2nd that season? We never looked like defending our title and the one chance we got to reel Man United in, we flopped against them at Old Trafford late in the season. We finished 2nd with 71 points, which is the same number of points as Man City in 3rd and just 3 more than Arsenal in 4th. We finished 9 points behind Man United and 9 ahead of Spurs in 5th - it was like neither here nor there. Furthermore, we got knocked out in the 3rd round of the League Cup (to Newcastle...), lost to Everton in the 4th round of the FA Cup and even though we got to the Champions League quarter finals, we never looked like overturning United, did we? Lost both legs and got knocked out in tame fashion. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

17/18 5th with 70 points and won FA cup.

Winning the FA Cup was nice but apart from that, there was nothing nice to enjoy from that season when the manager basically gave up midway through the season and spent much of it moaning endlessly about the board, transfers etc. 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mentioned 2010/11 because we went nowhere that season. We released a number of senior players and failed to refresh the squad. The only two notable players we bought in the summer of 2010 was Ramires and Benayoun (remember him?). Otherwise, the squad was old and stale. Even the signing of Luiz and a washed-up Torres in January 2011 hardly improved matters. The fact that we crashed and burned so hard the following season, despite the FA Cup and Champions League wins, only backed that up. There was simply nothing positive and there was no progression in 2010/11. 

So what we finished 2nd that season? We never looked like defending our title and the one chance we got to reel Man United in, we flopped against them at Old Trafford late in the season. We finished 2nd with 71 points, which is the same number of points as Man City in 3rd and just 3 more than Arsenal in 4th. We finished 9 points behind Man United and 9 ahead of Spurs in 5th - it was like neither here nor there. Furthermore, we got knocked out in the 3rd round of the League Cup (to Newcastle...), lost to Everton in the 4th round of the FA Cup and even though we got to the Champions League quarter finals, we never looked like overturning United, did we? Lost both legs and got knocked out in tame fashion. 

Winning the FA Cup was nice but apart from that, there was nothing nice to enjoy from that season when the manager basically gave up midway through the season and spent much of it moaning endlessly about the board, transfers etc. 

I actually think we would have finished outside the top 4 (in 10/11)  if it wasn't for Cech, he was ridiculous that year.

Lampard's presser at 1:30pm UK time, for those (still) interested...
I hope someone pulls up that stat about 2nd worst defence from corners in Europe. That's not an option and he needs to face difficult questions

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Worried about Kova and the Achilles. He injured it earlier in the season and now again. As we know, these injuries are no joke....

I'm hoping it just got stepped on and that it's not related to the previous injury

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wolves and UTD would overtake us but who cares. 5th place gets you CL.

Do not be surprised if City's ban is NOT upheld.

There will have been big bulging brown envelopes posted to all the right people as soon as that ban was announced.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

There will have been big bulging brown envelopes posted to all the right people as soon as that ban was announced.

I think there will multiple lawsuits if Shitty walk scot free

FFP is instantly a joke

and so many teams have been smashed with it

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think there will multiple lawsuits if Shitty walk scot free

FFP is instantly a joke

and so many teams have been smashed with it

I really hope so but i have a gut feeling those fuckers are going to get away with it.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

There is this fear and doubt, that is for sure, but I tend to believe the ban will stand. Similarly to our transfer ban, it will be reduced to just 1 season, but at least this 1 year will stand. IT BLOODY SHOULD!

There is this fear and doubt, that is for sure, but I tend to believe the ban will stand. Similarly to our transfer ban, it will be reduced to just 1 season, but at least this 1 year will stand. IT BLOODY SHOULD!
When will we know the final verdict

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Fucking Barkley again...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I'd rather Barkley than Kante, and i never thought I'll hear myself say that, feels so surreal.

Gilmour, Barkley, Mount midfield tomorrow please with Rudiger and Zouma at the back, return to the core that twatted Everton.