• Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Just now, Jason said:

Err, what's that solitary win? Don't tell me you're counting Ajax? 

You saying Ajax wasn't a big game?

Just now, LAM09 said:

I'm talking about English sides: Lost home and away to Utd, Liverpool in Turkey & at home.

Something that needs to be addressed

Liverpool in Istanbul was a draw, they won the tiebreaker but the match was a draw.

this is a season of rebuilding, we need to relax... I would take these defeats to better mold the players.
I mean the fact that people calling for OG to start ahead of Bats is concerning. I mean Bats not starting for so many games I would assume he should/has to come good.

It remains we are absolute shit vs big teams domestically. NOt becuase we do not play well but because of mentality. Committing the stupidest mistakes to let absolute shit teams like utd steal a win from us.When they come here they are never here to play they are here to park the bus, play thugball and hoof the ball in the air. So the only thing you should not do is committing stupid mistakes and give them dangerous set pieces which is exactly what those turds Alonso and Pedro did. I mean you have to be clever, composed, experienced. But how if you most experienced players are tactically behaving like toddlers. I cant belive the sheer stupidity of fouling their useless players who can not do shit with a moving ball. jsut let them run and hoof it into the stands no fucking need to foul them.
Oh well at least it is just the 2nd round so we can concentrate on other competitions.
Our results our bad yes. But we've played well vs Liverpool for a game and a half. Even game tonight and then the first game of the season where we just fell asleep for a half.

The results will come.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

0 wins against any of the big sides this season.

0 wins in 4 against Solskjaer's Man United (entering Conte v Wenger territory).

0 wins in last 5 against Man United.

giphy.gif

This is the concerning part, we have entered all games on form and suddenly turn to shit against United.

Just now, Jason said:

Big game and big side are two completely different things and @LAM09 was referring to the latter. 

Had we lost that game our chances of topping the group were next to nil and our chances of qualifiying would have been in serious jeopardy.

Of course it was a big game.

Over reaction as always on here.

A so-so performance. United kind of have our number with a wall behind the ball. 

Cho, puli, bats were abysmal. Alonso and Pedro were levels of shit.

Even in an overall poor show, Reece still showed his promise and quality, couple of great crosses and really good defending. 

Considering how thin we are as of this moment, not the worst thing to be out of this tournament. So that's kind of a silver lining. 

Overall a poor evening, but I will take that result. We have bigger things to fight for and acheive.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

you kidding? most of our best players have been injured for most of the season, our best 3 are still out. Still, we have played with higher quality than most of our top4 rivals. This was one shit game were our remaining shit players and a corrupted ref have cost us. nothing more. get the head out of the sand and get over it. who gives a damn about carabao cup. Future is bright.

Come on, you can't be serious with someone who in October says 'we overachieved this season'. That was a special line :D :D 

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Our results our bad yes. But we've played well vs Liverpool for a game and a half. Even game tonight and then the first game of the season where we just fell asleep for a half.

The results will come.

Thats what I am talking about. Stupid mistakes from players who are not good enough for this club cost us. But it is also a group mentality thing to grind out results in big games in which we are not at our best. Today Utd had 1.5 genuine chances and scored 2 goals. We had tons of chances and missed all of them and scored a fluke.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Had we lost that game our chances of topping the group were next to nil and our chances of qualifiying would have been in serious jeopardy.

Of course it was a big game.

Yes but like I said, playing a big game and playing a big team are 2 completely different things.

Poor tonight but it can happen. Lampard showed his priorities tonight and was prepared to put more younger players in probably knowing that United would go pretty strong.

Disappointing that Kovacic and Jorginho both probably had their worst game of the season in the same night. 

Bar Bats goal, the front 3 were poor in my opinion and although he came on later, its clear how important Mount is in our current setup giving us energy. We actually missed Willian too tonight in the recent form he's been in to give some balance to our attack.

And I really like Reece James and I think he will prove to be an excellent player at the club for a long time, but tonight I think did show that he's not quite as seasoned as the likes of Mount and Abraham are currently and needs time to be slowly bedded in this season. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Who has the trophy?

Please don't be pedantic. It wasn't the bloody Community Shield emoji849.png

The game goes on record as a draw. I don't make the rules it is what it is, they won the tie but the game was a draw.

Just now, Jason said:

Yes but like I said, playing a big game and playing a big team are 2 completely different things.

In what sense aren't Ajax not a big game? Not only was qualification (almost) on the line, it was unbeaten semi finalists in Amsterdam fgs.

Also to add, if we're going to take off Ajax as a big game surely the same applies with United?

Take out the name and it's no different to what Burnley have been doing at Stamford Bridge in recent years, ie shithousing results through sitting deep and direct football (nothing wrong with that but it's not the actions of a big team).