• Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

11 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

We didnt do much, and utd as many here said prior was coming to defend and defend and so they did, they had nothing at all in open play.

And can I send a big shout out to the FA and pgmol for their continuing services for utd.....if only we could get pens in every game we would have it eaiser.

United is one of the FA darlings, they have zero credibility just like FIFA and UEFA, they can all fuck off for all i care along with the shit refs.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

United is one of the FA darlings, they have zero credibility just like FIFA and UEFA, they can all fuck off for all i care along with the shit refs.

These lords and free masons running EPL are cancer to Eng footy. The shit is rigged and has been for ages. LIke you said when fifa and UEFA is so rotten dont you think FA are too? I have become disillusioned with football, its hard to enjoy when its evident its tampered with.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Wrong choice of words? Of course I meant NOW. Why would I bother talking about what they did in the past? 

When we talk about being the best, challenging the best, we measure ourselves against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City etc these days, no? With all due respect to Ajax, they are historically a big club but in these modern days, they are not. They are just a tier below the ones I've mentioned.

That's sort of my point.

If we're basing it on their current sides then if Ajax aren't a good enough team to measure us against, then neither are this United side (take the prestige of the club out of the equation and what they did last night wasn't much different to when Burnley or O Neil's Villa got a result at Stamford Bridge). My whole point of challenge is you included United as a big game but a (superior) Ajax team as not.

I'm not saying we don't have a big game problem, infact i alluded to it myself on this thread pre match, i just think it's very harsh to include this United team while chalking out Ajax, either both should enter the equation or neither.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That's sort of my point.

If we're basing it on their current sides then if Ajax aren't a good enough team to measure us against, then neither are this United side (take the prestige of the club out of the equation and what they did last night wasn't much different to when Burnley or O Neil's Villa got a result at Stamford Bridge). My whole point of challenge is you included United as a big game but a (superior) Ajax team as not.

I'm not saying we don't have a big game problem, infact i alluded to it myself on this thread pre match, i just think it's very harsh to include this United team while chalking out Ajax, either both should enter the equation or neither.

How many times do I have to keep on saying that playing a big team and playing a big game are two different things here?

In the context of the League Cup, was yesterday's game against United a big game? No. But was it against a big team? Yes.

In the context of the Champions League and our situation in the group, was the game at Ajax a big game? Yes. Was it against a big team? No. 

:doh: 

Disappointing result thats for sure. Never want to lose to Utd. I knew when I saw the team sheets it was going to be tricky. The Chelsea team sheet is exactly what a lot of us were calling for, youth, fresh legs, faces etc. The UTD team sheet was a team put out by an under fire manager who needs to win the Carabao Cup to soften the blow of finishing 8th in the table this year. 

I would gladly substitute a 1/4 final Champions League run, FA Cup run, and a top 4 premier league position right now for a 1/4 final Carabao Cup berth.