• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's absolute criminal when you watch us in a game like today and how many bad decisions and passes we make. We have just turned into this incredibly average side that are slowly but surely morphing into mid table mediocrity.

It's fucking so sad.

One moment summed it up when ball was passed to a player except for some reason they moved to the side and missed it. Not sure who but they were right in front of them. They didn't need to step to the side. 

That being said Alonso is so bad but it's much better then Emerson. I seen enough when he was giving his chance at to why Sarri picks a Alonso. 

But that is not Sarri fault but the board because these are the options giving to him. 

Remember that Alonso was a last minute signing and when Conte wanted to upgrade they did not do it. 

The fact that Alonso plays because he's the best we got is not down to Sarri but the board. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

That being said Alonso is so bad but it's much better then Emerson. I seen enough when he was giving his chance at to why Sarri picks a Alonso. 

But that is not Sarri fault but the board because these are the options giving to him. 

Remember that Alonso was a last minute signing and when Conte wanted to upgrade they did not do it. 

The fact that Alonso plays because he's the best we got is not down to Sarri but the board. 

This, not many would've scored today from the position he had. 

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Strongly disagree.

Just because Alonso scored from a De Gea blunder doesn’t mean now he’s better. Far enough, Alonso got the chance presented to him and he took it while we are not sure Emerson would. But the first 20 minutes when United were actually pressing, Alonso was getting torn apart like a piece of paper.

They both (Emerson and Alonso) struggle when pressed like any player on earth. It’s down to the system to protect them against overlaps and what not.

to me he was actually quite solid defensively winning many headers and tackles, but that’s what I saw. We seem to always see a different game.

Also that is narrowing down to defensive ability, which I actually think they are very similar, with Alonso having an edge in high balls and set pieties.

not exactly sure what Emerson is good at to be honest. He runs fast nice! :) 

eden has a very poor and, but folks here will see his nice turns and runs where all I can from him is the last ball.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

Strongly disagree.

Just because Alonso scored from a De Gea blunder doesn’t mean now he’s better. Far enough, Alonso got the chance presented to him and he took it while we are not sure Emerson would. But the first 20 minutes when United were actually pressing, Alonso was getting torn apart like a piece of paper.

The whole team struggled in the first 20 minutes. After we got into the match Alonso wasnt any worse than anyone else, he actually did alright all things considering. I was glad Emerson was dropped in all fairness as he has been shocking in recent games. Its a tough call to say who is actually better but I think Alonso is the better of the two, we need an upgrade though if we persist with a flat back 4.

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

They both (Emerson and Alonso) struggle when pressed like any player on earth. It’s down to the system to protect them against overlaps and what not.

to me he was actually quite solid defensively winning many headers and tackles, but that’s what I saw. We seem to always see a different game.

Also that is narrowing down to defensive ability, which I actually think they are very similar, with Alonso having an edge in high balls and set pieties.

not exactly sure what Emerson is good at to be honest. He runs fast nice! :) 

eden has a very poor and, but folks here will see his nice turns and runs where all I can from him is the last ball.

I don't think Alonso played that bad either. First 20 minutes he looked poor like the entire defence but second half in particular we looked very solid for a change and I can't remember any real good chances United created in the second half of note. Alonso made a couple of decent interceptions at the back post and was disciplined which he usually isn't. His crossing is still woeful mind.

He's not good enough and we need to upgrade but I'm not going to slate him for the sake of it when he's done ok today.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We cant even do that. First half when United actualy pressed us, we couldnt keep the ball at all. Our defenders just hoofed it away while our midfield got bullied and dissposesed every time. 

You must watch different game. United did not press us, they drop deep into their own half. The problem was we were not compact enough. The space between the lines were too big. 

They pressed us more in the 2nd half which we handled quite well. 

8 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah we're shit in attack lol

When we have the ball we just pass it around a bit and go back to the goalie. Who then hoofs it away and we repeat that till we're losing.  For some reason the fact we have a high % keeps getting mentioned.. Except most the time we've nothing to show for it. 

Its been a long road and I can't see why he'd stay. Can't do another season with this 

The problem is our fb. Against diamond the whole world know who will have space. It is like united gave us red carpet to attack them but our fb are just so bad offensively. They offer 0 threat going forward. How many times we are in situation where our winger cut inside congest the mid and our fb have acre of space yet nothing happen. No danger. 

If People say then ask our fb to stay inside and our winger to stay wide. Yes we did that but it was too slow. Just watch the difference between klye walker underlap and our underlap 

Were it not for De Gea's blunder/If we hadn't gotten the point, would anyone really be okay with the result/performance? 

The performance really wasn't much of a difference to what we've seen in the big away games this season or in pretty much the whole season. Had possession but didn't create anything clear cut, not even one after De Gea's howler. In fact, we had 3 shots on target and 2 of them were from the goal - Rudiger's long range effort and then Alonso's goal. Toothless. Clueless. Hopeless. 

Says how low we've fallen that we are "forced" to accept the result as something okay/decent when any club with genuine ambition should be fuming of not turning over a United side who are horribly out of form. 

Nope but not surprised. Expected performance really. This is how we play. Poorly. Surprised didn't miss that chance tbh. 

To be fair though they're out of form but we're not that amazing either. So in that sense it's a good result as I expected a loss giving how we played at the start. 

35 minutes ago, Mana said:

This. If it weren't for the howler, we would have lost yesterday. We had no clue going forward against the worst United side in decades.

Thank God that United are shite. Any other side who had better confidence than those sacks, would have beaten us.

Think we are bad now? Wait until sorryball sans Eden next year. Eeeeeek

16 hours ago, Mana said:

Strongly disagree.

My point is that neither are good. 

People here on Sarri back because he did not pick Emerson over Alonso. Well after seeing that option I rather stick with Alonso then Emerson. And I see why Sarri picked him. 

Hence back to my point there is no better choice out there and Sarri must pick him because that is what the board gave him. 

I remember Conte wanted to get an upgrade over Alonso but they never did.

The fault is all on the board. 

11 hours ago, communicate said:

You must watch different game. United did not press us, they drop deep into their own half. The problem was we were not compact enough. The space between the lines were too big. 

They pressed us more in the 2nd half which we handled quite well. 

United was very agressive in the first 30min and we couldnt cope with that. We literaly had no midfield. Jorginho and Kovacic, they were lost. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

United was very agressive in the first 30min and we couldnt cope with that. We literaly had no midfield. Jorginho and Kovacic, they were lost. 

Nah the problem was our pressing, we actually handled any press quite well these days. We can still do our build up. 

I am more concerned about what happened when we get to final third. We need more offensive spark. Funny for all the crap that people say about Pogba, I thought he is going to be perfect for our left mid position. But we have ruben, hopefully he can grow and be a monster player for us. 

I don't think they press that hard, yet of course when they lose the ball sometimes they press that is normal for every team but in general they drop deep in their own half.