test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 4-2 Watford

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

234 posts in this topic

Chelsea weakness has been exposed, press them ,dnt let them think or have time with the ball, then the whole team will crumble. They will be lost like sheep and doesnt know what to do when they possess the ball. 

xPetrCechx likes this

14 minutes ago, ccheongf said:

Chelsea weakness has been exposed, press them ,dnt let them think or have time with the ball, then the whole team will crumble. They will be lost like sheep and doesnt know what to do when they possess the ball. 

Im just praying that Watford dont press us, so that we can win a match. Because our style to absorb pressure of the press, and wait till opposition is tired and then attack is just not working well because of how porous our defense is looking.

We need to press back when opponents press us, but what do I know.

Starman60 likes this

So after seeing the quotes from Conte's press conference it sounds like there will be very late fitness tests for both Luiz and Baka. And even if they do play tomorrow they'll be well below 100%. Not good at all against a team in great form.

I think we're going to need some individual magic from Morata, Hazard, or Pedro. That is, if Pedro even starts over Willian.

Time for these players to step up and stop fucking moaning. They need to sort it out between themselves and start delivering on the pitch. Also the coach has to start doing the coaching again, more focus on doing his job rather than speaking with the media. He should know how the person before him ended when he started to do exactly that.

Tough game, but a great opportunity to win despite all the negativity and make a statement.

Lets play 5 at the back and 5 up front and just keep launching long balls............Well all our bloody midfielders are injured so what else can we do :P

Seriously though, it's time for our team to stand up and be counted. I know our bench is very weak, but we should have enough about us to get a result here .Play Ampadu, he's a guy that's not afraid to mix it and chase down the opposition, and now he can prove to Conte that he can hold down a spot.

King11Didier likes this

I swear I will scream if cahill and Willian on that starting line up both need dropped last season I wanted rid off big Ivan Mikel and Oscar this season I want rid off cahill and Willian 

Watford and Silva have been great this season. Tough tough match, but I have feeling we will beat them comfortably.

As long Willian isnt starting the game.

On another note, why the f*ck this team didnt improve overall for years now? We have Iva and Oscar to ditch, we do that, then Willian starts playing below any level. Merry go round and round and round...You replace two players, next season there are 3 more to be replaced. I understand aging players, but we have problems with players in prime..Same was with midfielders. We had Lamps-Rambo midfield a while ago, Rambo was good, but Lamps was aging. We bought Matic, and Rambo never managed to perform at his best. We buy Kante and Matic never manages to truly stand out again. It should be vice versa. You buy new top player and he helps the team as whole and individuals improve, but not here. Some simply stagnate or stay decent for year, then fall in form big time. Yet several players like Kdb, Salah or Matic are doing very well elsewhere now. Something is certainly not right in our core, that is eventualy reflected on pitch when simple passes, pressing, organisation, keeping the ball are catastrophic. And the team certainly has the ability, at least most of the players. But consistency and motivation + desire to IMPROVE are not there. Not sure why, but it feels sometimes we are just a team with bunch of mercenaries who are good, but dont realy give a shit about the club. Hence we can play brilliant one game, then awful next game. Or in big picture, we have great season and then terrible next one...And its not even about the trophies. I couldnt care less if we dont win PL this year, sure it should be main objective every year, but hell where is the general improvement of this team in past 5 years if you put trophies away? The fuck did this team achieve? Is it younger? Better organised? Has stronger attack/defence/midfield? Did we improve in posession or tactics/pressing? Do we have exciting talents? Is our youth integrating better in first team? Is the play nicer to the eye?

Not a single answer there is clear yes. Big ups and big downs, Rinse and repeat.

FabHazard, Strike and Mufassir08 like this

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

On another note, why the f*ck this team didnt improve overall for years now? We have Iva and Oscar to ditch, we do that, then Willian starts playing below any level. Merry go round and round and round...You replace two players, next season there are 3 more to be replaced. I understand aging players, but we have problems with players in prime..Same was with midfielders. We had Lamps-Rambo midfield a while ago, Rambo was good, but Lamps was aging. We bought Matic, and Rambo never managed to perform at his best. We buy Kante and Matic never manages to truly stand out again. It should be vice versa. You buy new top player and he helps the team as whole and individuals improve, but not here. Some simply stagnate or stay decent for year, then fall in form big time. Yet several players like Kdb, Salah or Matic are doing very well elsewhere now. Something is certainly not right in our core, that is eventualy reflected on pitch when simple passes, pressing, organisation, keeping the ball are catastrophic. And the team certainly has the ability, at least most of the players. But consistency and motivation + desire to IMPROVE are not there. Not sure why, but it feels sometimes we are just a team with bunch of mercenaries who are good, but dont realy give a shit about the club. Hence we can play brilliant one game, then awful next game. Or in big picture, we have great season and then terrible next one...And its not even about the trophies. I couldnt care less if we dont win PL this year, sure it should be main objective every year, but hell where is the general improvement of this team in past 5 years if you put trophies away? The fuck did this team achieve? Is it younger? Better organised? Has stronger attack/defence/midfield? Did we improve in posession or tactics/pressing? Do we have exciting talents? Is our youth integrating better in first team? Is the play nicer to the eye?

Not a single answer there is clear yes. Big ups and big downs, Rinse and repeat.

IMO Mourinho last title winning squad was fantastic. We can compete with almost any team in term of squad quality. But after that we haven't done really well in term of signing. To be fair our net transfer after that was very low every year. It is difficult to improve your team when you have to sell first before you can buy.

It's crazy I even have to say this since we're playing Watford, but for the love of god press high and don't let them dominate the match. Results aside, what's been most disgraceful is that we've been outplayed by sides that are clearly below us in terms of quality, and that is totally down to our lack of will or instructions to press. 

kellzfresh and Starman60 like this

For perspective on the damage this club does to its supporters -

I had heart surgery a few days ago, I think the day before the Roma game. I went into the surgery fine, came out of it fine. Slept fine.

Woke up the next day, fine.

Chelsea game that evening? Great way to spend the final night in hospital.

Game comes on.

My stupid self gets stressed at the scoreline.

I overthink and get riled up, too excited about football and all the possibilities for our immediate future.

They come in to check my blood pressure for the 20th time (but only the 1st time since the game ended) - and for the first time of my stay, it's a worryingly high blood pressure.

The surgeon comes to my room 2 hours later just to see how I am, after hearing I'm not as stable. He finds that my left chest had filled with blood, and had a slight clot, due to emotional distress overworking the heart in a delicate time.

I get whooshed back into surgery, have the blood sucked out, told I could've died, and it was all because of god damn Chelsea. (To an extent).

Mufassir08 likes this

17 minutes ago, Leif said:

For perspective on the damage this club does to its supporters -

I had heart surgery a few days ago, I think the day before the Roma game. I went into the surgery fine, came out of it fine. Slept fine.

Woke up the next day, fine.

Chelsea game that evening? Great way to spend the final night in hospital.

Game comes on.

My stupid self gets stressed at the scoreline.

I overthink and get riled up, too excited about football and all the possibilities for our immediate future.

They come in to check my blood pressure for the 20th time (but only the 1st time since the game ended) - and for the first time of my stay, it's a worryingly high blood pressure.

The surgeon comes to my room 2 hours later just to see how I am, after hearing I'm not as stable. He finds that my left chest had filled with blood, and had a slight clot, due to emotional distress overworking the heart in a delicate time.

I get whooshed back into surgery, have the blood sucked out, told I could've died, and it was all because of god damn Chelsea. (To an extent).

Damn you Leif. Don't die, I'll miss your posts here.

And you seemed like you knew shits like this could happen, with the team quality we have. It shouldn't really be unexpected to you, hence - why all that stress?

TheIceMan, kellzfresh and Leif like this

21 hours ago, ccheongf said:

We have had this weakness for a long long time. Not just Conte, but Mourinho 2nd time.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

IMO Mourinho last title winning squad was fantastic. We can compete with almost any team in term of squad quality. But after that we haven't done really well in term of signing. To be fair our net transfer after that was very low every year. It is difficult to improve your team when you have to sell first before you can buy.

IMO our squad in the 2013/14 season was the best we had for in the last decade. Shame that we decided to spend so much on 6th attacking midfielder instead of central midfielder or a striker. 

35 minutes ago, El P. said:

Damn you Leif. Don't die, I'll miss your posts here.

And you seemed like you knew shits like this could happen, with the team quality we have. It shouldn't really be unexpected to you, hence - why all that stress?

Heh, thank you. :wub:

It's kinda like knowing your little brother's going to be in a fight & you're already resigned to him losing, so there shouldn't be any unexpected stress. You're worried, but stable.
But, when you actually see your little brother get hit in the face, the heart goes crazy, and the brain goes out the window. 

This is what love is. Absolutely scary & dangerous :wub:

manpe, El P. and TheIceMan like this