Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He gets a total pass for me. His authority in many matters was undermined from the start when he was named "First team Head Coach." This tells you immedietly that he has very minimal, if any control over who comes in. His job is simply to coach the first team and let the club work on transfers. He said as much again on Saturday. As mentioned above, he will have had many targets identified and in the boards' hands for months. They deserve all the blame for allowing our squad to become so tissue paper thin.

Don't think what happened against Burnley was any fault of Conte's either. We would have comfortably earned 3 points had Cahill not been a mindless idiot.

Im just curious what will happen after three games when Cahill returns, should Christensen, Rudiger have great performances during Cahill absence. 

Will he get Cahill straight back knowing he was poor and others played better or will he give chance to Christensen and Rudiger.

It will say alot about Conte tbh.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What a total pass no matter what? If he starts doing what Jose and to a lesser extent Carlo did and keeps screwing up tactically, never dropping out of form players and watching gormlessly while we are dropping points left, right and centre then he cannot hide behind the board in anyway shape or form.

If for argument sake worse comes to the worse and we sign no more players this summer and he uses his managerial repertoire to get us the best finish humanly possible (ie what he's paid millions a year to do), then yes we can give him a free pass under those circumstances, even if said position was outside the top four.

No, no, no. If the players start downing tools and there's mutiny in the ranks like 15/16 then he'll get some of the blame. I can't see anything like that happening. From the outside looking in the players all look like they're behind him. 

If he's doing his best but simply isn't given the tools to compete with the other top sides I can't blame him if we struggle to put in a title challenge 

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Im just curious what will happen after three games when Cahill returns, should Christensen, Rudiger have great performances during Cahill absence. 

Will he get Cahill straight back knowing he was poor and others played better or will he give chance to Christensen and Rudiger.

It will say alot about Conte tbh.

Unfortunately, I think Cahill will indeed go straight back in. How awful would it look if we drop our new captain after 14 minutes of a new season? Probably the sort of thing that would divide the dressing room. 

Can't see Conte being as cold and ruthless as us fans are about Cahill.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unfortunately, I think Cahill will indeed go straight back in. How awful would it look if we drop our new captain after 14 minutes of a new season? Probably the sort of thing that would divide the dressing room. 

Can't see Conte being as cold and ruthless as us fans are about Cahill.

I think thats the problem of bigger size. We should have captain who is more than good to be our starter nearly every time, either one of best in his position or natural leader and motivator. 

Tbh Cahill was "captain" whole last season, Im sure if he plays so bad now or someone else much better, other players should understand 

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He gets a total pass for me. His authority in many matters was undermined from the start when he was named "First team Head Coach." This tells you immedietly that he has very minimal, if any control over who comes in. His job is simply to coach the first team and let the club work on transfers. He said as much again on Saturday. As mentioned above, he will have had many targets identified and in the boards' hands for months. They deserve all the blame for allowing our squad to become so tissue paper thin.

Don't think what happened against Burnley was any fault of Conte's either. We would have comfortably earned 3 points had Cahill not been a mindless idiot.

I understand what you mean, but it's not like Antonio is going to be leading negotiation with clubs and agents, offering money left and right, deciding on contract clauses etc. I don't think any manager does that. For me, he should be in contact with the people from the club who are working on transfers, telling him which players he likes, doesn't like or doesn't care for them to sign. They go out into the warzone and try to get a good deal as possible. That way should work, no? Just because Antonio likes Candreva, doesn't mean the club will spend 30+ millions to bring him if Inter refuses to sell.

Slowness with which we work in transfer market for me has nothing to do with our coach's transfer power really. Maybe they are slow because they are really trying hard to sign Conte's targets? We can't argue at that as we don't know his targets, but actually that could very well be possible.

8 minutes ago, Sh0n3x said:

I understand what you mean, but it's not like Antonio is going to be leading negotiation with clubs and agents, offering money left and right, deciding on contract clauses etc. I don't think any manager does that. For me, he should be in contact with the people from the club who are working on transfers, telling him which players he likes, doesn't like or doesn't care for them to sign. They go out into the warzone and try to get a good deal as possible. That way should work, no? Just because Antonio likes Candreva, doesn't mean the club will spend 30+ millions to bring him if Inter refuses to sell.

Slowness with which we work in transfer market for me has nothing to do with our coach's transfer power really. Maybe they are slow because they are really trying hard to sign Conte's targets? We can't argue at that as we don't know his targets, but actually that could very well be possible.

Shouldn't that be how it works, though? Mourinho goes to his board and says "I want Pogba. Done, £90m. I want Lukaku. Done, £90m. I want Matic. Done, £40m." Same with Pep. Stones, Mendy, Bernardo, Walker, Danilo. All first choice Pep targets bought for whatever money is necessary. These are the clubs we're meant to compete with but are not showing the same ambition.

Conte 100% had a list of wing backs that he had in the boards hands ages ago and there's been nothing. We sold Matic and have still not replaced him which should've been done before we even sold him. Now the manager is basically begging for players in his interviews. 

I could understand the club being reluctant to spend 90 or 100m on single players but I can't imagine the targets he's giving them are anywhere near that expensive. So what does that mean? They're shit negotiators or is Roman tightening the purse strings?

On 8/13/2017 at 5:20 PM, DYC. said:

Imagine either Kanté or Bakayoko getting injured and needing three months to recover. Chels would be fucked.

We also have no idea how Bakayoko will adapt. Relying on Baka and Kanté for a full season would be insanity if you ask me.

I like Roberto but as a complimentary player. Play him alongside class footballers and he'll do just fine. Excellent squad player. Don't think he's suited to the PL though.

You could say the same about any key player getting injured for any club. 

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Shouldn't that be how it works, though? Mourinho goes to his board and says "I want Pogba. Done, £90m. I want Lukaku. Done, £90m. I want Matic. Done, £40m." Same with Pep. Stones, Mendy, Bernardo, Walker, Danilo. All first choice Pep targets bought for whatever money is necessary. These are the clubs we're meant to compete with but are not showing the same ambition.

Conte 100% had a list of wing backs that he had in the boards hands ages ago and there's been nothing. We sold Matic and have still not replaced him which should've been done before we even sold him. Now the manager is basically begging for players in his interviews. 

I could understand the club being reluctant to spend 90 or 100m on single players but I can't imagine the targets he's giving them are anywhere near that expensive. So what does that mean? They're shit negotiators or is Roman tightening the purse strings?

I agree, but haven't we tried signing Alex Sandro, Walker and Danilo, yet failed? Can't say Roman is tightening the purse strings if we were willing to dump 50+ million on Alex Sandro? And don't forget we've already broken our transfer record this season with Morata.

2 minutes ago, Sh0n3x said:

I agree, but haven't we tried signing Alex Sandro, Walker and Danilo, yet failed? Can't say Roman is tightening the purse strings if we were willing to dump 50+ million on Alex Sandro? And don't forget we've already broken our transfer record this season with Morata.

If it was only a case of him offering up impossible targets, you'd think that we'd have brought in his second or even third choices by now. We haven't even managed that yet. We had to wait until deadline day last season for Luiz who was probably not even on his radar until then. Maybe we'll have to do that again and hope to striker gold like we did then.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If it was only a case of him offering up impossible targets, you'd think that we'd have brought in his second or even third choices by now. We haven't even managed that yet. We had to wait until deadline day last season for Luiz who was probably not even on his radar until then. Maybe we'll have to do that again and hope to striker gold like we did then.

I agree with your on the speed of our transfer activity, it is bad, no argument there. For me it is very difficult to comment on our alternatives because we only get what media reports, but haven't we tried signing Cancelo from Valencia and apparently Van Dijk is reported to sign. With Van Dijk maybe we are thinking of Azpi on the right?

And there is another thing, other teams know we are kinda desperate. They will exploit it by dragging on the transfers, asking for lots and lots of money etc. I think it's best we wait for transfer period to end and then evaluate our signings?

And another question, are there really any decent avaliable backup options that won't cost the world? Remember what happend with Baba, so much money down the drain. I would rather we play someone from our youth team or recall Zouma.