Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Really?

That €25M is just the loan fee, buy option would take the price to a whole different level. For a loan that's expensive as fuck.

https://za.as.com/za/2017/08/08/football/1502216493_928867.html

I thought I was clear enough 25m was just loan. 

But Im sure the additional fee at the end wouldnt be ridiculous. Still, i would rather pay 50m for Kovacic than 30 for Drinkwater. 

Kovacic is absolutely brilliant midfielder, on same level as Verratti. 

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But Im sure the additional fee at the end wouldnt be ridiculous. Still, i would rather pay 50m for Kovacic than 30 for Drinkwater. 

I was with you until that last line. What!? Verratti is one of the best midfielders in the world. Kovacic is a very talented player but nowhere near Verratti's level yet.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

€25M for a loan fee is unprecedented so I can easily imagine any buy option being really high too. Real Madrid see the potential in Kovacic and don't want to lose him so they're not gonna let him go for cheap, I think they even paid like €40M for him a couple years back. Pretty sure they see him as the long term successor for Modric who's 31 now so unless Kovacic puts in a transfer request to go elsewhere I can't see them selling. And I certainly can't see us getting him with no clear starring role on offer, as Conte would have to alter the formation to make room for him as a starter in a three man midfield alongside Kante and Bakayoko. 

18 minutes ago, Jype said:

€25M for a loan fee is unprecedented so I can easily imagine any buy option being really high too. Real Madrid see the potential in Kovacic and don't want to lose him so they're not gonna let him go for cheap, I think they even paid like €40M for him a couple years back. Pretty sure they see him as the long term successor for Modric who's 31 now so unless Kovacic puts in a transfer request to go elsewhere I can't see them selling. And I certainly can't see us getting him with no clear starring role on offer, as Conte would have to alter the formation to make room for him as a starter in a three man midfield alongside Kante and Bakayoko. 

Kovacic has a 50m euros release clause.

After watching endless highlights of his season alongside Kante when Leicester won the league. I have to admit, I may have been a bit rash and harsh on this fella. He was very good that season. If he can replicate that kind of form here, it could be thumbs up to this transfer happening. He has a brilliant eye for a the early long time pass, which I believe Morata could thrive on. 

42 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Whoa... Lets not get too carried away here.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because developing other team's young players is fucking retarded when Chelsea won't develop their own.'re

We're not in a situation to be picky. We need bodies. He has ability. 

Better yet, lets draw names out of a hat from Conte's 15 man shortlist. 

The thing is, in that 15/16 breakout season his best skill was playing a ball over the top for Vardy to run onto. We already have Cesc who can do just that but even better. So how often would Drinkwater even play as our 4th option in midfield when we'd have Cesc to come on as 3rd choice offering the same things Drinkwater does?

Would be strange to pay at least £30m on a player only to use them as often as we did RLC or Chalobah i.e. 5-10 minutes here or there.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The thing is, in that 15/16 breakout season his best skill was playing a ball over the top for Vardy to run onto. We already have Cesc who can do just that but even better. So how often would Drinkwater even play as our 4th option in midfield when we'd have Cesc to come on as 3rd choice offering the same things Drinkwater does?

Would be strange to pay at least £30m on a player only to use them as often as we did RLC or Chalobah i.e. 5-10 minutes here or there.

Not to mention it would look pretty bad for RLC. While reports say the club did offer Chalobah a squad player role, which he refused (only so much to do here), RLC was likely considered "not good enough" for it.