test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

2,081 posts in this topic

I'd like to hope our board have long since moved on and are working around the clock on an alternative but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just like with Stones we've probably had the blinders on and focused on only the primary target until it's too late.

Watch Baba be brought back into the fold...😒

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd like to hope our board have long since moved on and are working around the clock on an alternative but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just like with Stones we've probably had the blinders on and focused on only the primary target until it's too late.

Watch Baba be brought back into the fold...😒

Don't forget Conte also wanted Bonucci and Dani Alves but serious clubs have already taken those two players. Juventus aren't going to sell their entire back 4 in one window. Another F up by us.

Chelsea? likes this

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Even though i can never prove it im sure that was more Jose's fault. If last summer is anything to go by Conte/the club will have contigency plans even if like Alonso they aren't big enough names to silence the moaners (not you).

Amblève. and Pizy like this

18 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Don't forget Conte also wanted Bonucci and Dani Alves but serious clubs have already taken those two players. Juventus aren't going to sell their entire back 4 in one window. Another F up by us.

Don't think there was ever a realistic chance of either of those players coming here. Bonucci would only stay in Italy for family reasons and Dani Alves is one of the biggest mercenaries in football who went for the biggest paycheck (and fair play to him at his age to get 200k+ a week from PSG).

What we could've done, though, is made Juve a ridiculous offer before either of those players were gone. Soon as Bonucci left we had zero chance at Sandro.

At this point we just need someone at the same level of Alonso for competition and cover. Doubt there's time left to get a significant upgrade.

Just now, It's too big said:

I really don't get the hype for Sandro. There must be cheaper alternatives who are just as good, or have potential to be better. 

You've not seen him much, have you?

El P., King11Didier and Fernando like this

This topic represents the depressing current state of this forum. If you think the likes of Bakayoko and Morata are not improving the quality of the team, why in the hell do you guys think Sandro is a different kind of material? Sandro is no Marcelo. You guys are crazy.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

This topic represents the depressing current state of this forum. If you think the likes of Bakayoko and Morata are not improving the quality of the team, why in the hell do you guys think Sandro is a different kind of material? Sandro is no Marcelo. You guys are crazy.

Even Marcelo has his faults. There is no perfect player, and all players have negative traits. People seem to think Sandro is perfect. 

8 hours ago, It's too big said:

I really don't get the hype for Sandro. There must be cheaper alternatives who are just as good, or have potential to be better. 

Like who? 

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

cos atm, we know that costa can score around 20 goals in the PL... Morata? idk..

Have they replaced Alves or is Spinazzola his replacement? It's odd that a right-footed plays left-back anyway, is he really a natural LB?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

Have they replaced Alves or is Spinazzola his replacement? It's odd that a right-footed plays left-back anyway, is he really a natural LB?

Looks like they're after Cancelo too, but it might just be that they're only after one of them. If they signed both Spinazzola and Cancelo then the Sandro signing could still happen imo. 

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

They also signed De Sciglio who can play both sides and atm, he is Alves replacement.

If they get Spinazzola too, I imagine they will play Spinazzola on left and De Sciglio on right side. 

I dont know much about Spinazzola, but he plays LB for Atalanta and italy (and he realy impressed there), so I guess that would mean they got Sandro replacement. 

I just find it hard to believe they would push so hard for Spinazzola to be only their backup, if they were looking for Sandro backup, there are plenty of easier alternatives to get. 

Or maybe Cancelo on right and De Sciglio on left. 

Either way, as much I want Sandro here, if that happens, Juve defence would look significantly weaker. Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro to Sciglio-?-Chiellini-Spinazzola...