Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful 25th birthday gift for us to go 6 pts clear. A huge difference from when we hit rock-bottom at Leicester last year on this exact date. Courtois is my MOTM solely for that van Aanholt save. My heart literally skipped a beat when he took the shot! 

Courtois 10/10
Azpi 9.5/10
Luiz 7/10
Cahill 7/10
Moses 5/10
Fabregas 8/10
Kante 9/10
Alonso 6.5/10
Willian 4/10
Costa 3/10
Pedro 4/10

We are really hopeless without Hazard, really awful performance attacking-wise. Guys must improve, we are struggling in attack for a really long time now - counter-attacking goals aside. Great job by defense tho.

N'Golo Kante. Fuck me, what a player! He was immense. 

I think if Hazard played here instead of Pedro (who I thought was subpar today) we'd have scored 2-3 goals. We really missed his decisive cutting edge in the final third. We saw that without him almost all of the opposing defenders just mob Diego and contain him. Hazard gives them a whole other headache and they can't just commit everyone to Costa. Hopefully he's back for Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

N'Golo Kante. Fuck me, what a player! He was immense. 

I think if Hazard played here instead of Pedro (who I thought was subpar today) we'd have scored 2-3 goals. We really missed his decisive cutting edge in the final third. We saw that without him almost all of the opposing defenders just mob Diego and contain him. Hazard gives them a whole other headache and they can't just commit everyone to Costa. Hopefully he's back for Saturday.

Pedro? If Hazard was fit, Willian wouldn't have played and if Hazard had played, we would have likely scored 2 or 3 goals. Willian's passing and finishing in the final was so painful to watch.