Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Costa, Kante, Matic, Luiz each on 4 yellow cards. Brace yourself for someone getting suspended for the Crystal Palace game...

That worries me cause we don't have good back up to cover Luiz and Kante and matic we are screwed if both matic and Kante get yellow cards against Sunderland ffs 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

That worries me cause we don't have good back up to cover Luiz and Kante and matic we are screwed if both matic and Kante get yellow cards against Sunderland ffs 

If you need some optimism, they only need to survive 4 more games before the cut off date.

48 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

While you're back, can you give insight how Djilobodji is doing for you?  Can he possibly do cover agent job for Chelsea  on Wednesday ? 

He was bloody hopeless the first few games. He's getting better but you always feel that there's a mistake in there waiting.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Costa, Kante, Matic, Luiz each on 4 yellow cards. Brace yourself for someone getting suspended for the Crystal Palace game...

Kante, Matić and Luiz won't last as long as Costa did/is :) We will have to "survive" one game without them and let's just all hope it isn't the same game for all three ... Chalobah or Fabregas can step up in midfielder and Zouma or Ivanović at the back. 

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you need some optimism, they only need to survive 4 more games before the cut off date.

Fingers crossed Costa can hold out for 4 games but that's a huge ask for Costa tho but saying that Costa has been on his best behaviour the last few games :)

Let's continue this run and extend the streak to 10 , City and Liverpool are trailing, here is hoping Arsenal drop points against Everton. Even though it's impossible I'd love for Sanchez to come to Chelsea, for two reasons: 

1- he'd form a lethal partnership with Costa  and Hazard we'd be formidable in Europe ( CHS) 

2- I'd love to see the reaction on Arsenal fans when that happens, if Ashley Cole's transfer was Controversial, Sanchez would be a bombshell 

I knew Sunderland have been woeful and were in/near the relegation zone but I didn't realize until just now that they are literally rock bottom of the league. I haven't been paying any attention to that end of the table.

How embarrassing would it be if we lost this one? :D All of those "Chelsea are only top because they don't play any midweek games" people will feel validated.

Unlike West Brom, Sunderland don't have the personnel or the coaching to remain solid defensively for an entire match so I'm not as worried for this one. Biggest concerns are fatigue after yesterday (Diego looked shattered by the end of that match) the yellow card situation with many of our most important players, and David Luiz's knee. He was bullied by Rondon yesterday several times and I wonder if that's because he wasn't fully fit.

Even if they do score against us I can't see them stopping us from scoring at least 2. If we approach this with the same focus and desire as the last 9 matches we should win easily. If we just look past them and think we can just show up and go through the motions to pick up 3 points we can get embarrassed.

Also, I wonder if this may be the game Conte finally rotates a player or two. Maybe Cesc in for Matic or Kante and Willian for Pedro. Just to get fresh legs in the team and to throw Sunderland off. They'll be preparing for and expecting the same exact side we've been playing so surprising them with Fabregas may work a charm.