The Conte Thread

The best answer to this, from Chelsea, would be an announcement of a new player soon. And I really hope the player is actually someone who Conte wants, not the board. The man did his best and won you the league, when no one of you expected that, now it's time our board to do their best and give him his prefered players.

19 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

The Daily Mirror originally reported this... 

the daily mirror. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

he's got that from the Mirror. Although tbf, last season he was odds on for sack, so who knows

Maybe but the club could have briefed more than one media outlet.

2 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

The best answer to this, from Chelsea, would be an announcement of a new player soon.

If that's going to happen, it'll be after June 30 once the adidas deal goes out of the window.

This is not going to be a smooth summer ffs. 

I didn't see these rumors surrounding Pep or Klopp or José. 

First Costa leaking that text message and now this about Conte. 

Rough summer ahead of us. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

If that's going to happen, it'll be after June 30 once the adidas deal goes out of the window.

Nonsense. The adidas deal does not stop us from announcing a deal have been agreed between Chelsea and other club. Numerous times the club have done that on Chelseafc.com and putting a picture of the player while playing for his national team for example. The presentation of the player might be later, when the whole squad gathers again, for instance.

• Antonio Conte is reportedly ready to quit Chelsea this summer unless his demands are met. - Daily Express via Skysports

What kind of madness is this?? give the man what he wants and let him rebuild chelsea. 

But if he doesnt get the players he wants I would be more than happy to see him go. I dont want him to have a bad exit at Chelsea, I want him to be the hero we didn't deserve.

Are we the only club that haven't signed any player yet? I know we like to do business late but we also wont have the right kind of players to do business with.

Absolutely love Roman and don't want to be spoilt, he has made us what we are to an extent.  But if Conte walks over this, Roman needs to start booting arses out of the door.  Refresh it all, tell you what, much preferred Kenyon doing our business

Too many people in Roman's ear IMO,utter shambles if this is true.  I'd give Conte what he wants, he's a godsend

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm questioning that. Why would he be pissed off if he knows deals are done and are just waiting on the Nike money? Seems kinda silly to wait on 60m when you acquired over 200m in player sales and winnings.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm questioning that. Why would he be pissed off if he knows deals are done and are just waiting on the Nike money? Seems kinda silly to wait on 60m when you acquired over 200m in player sales and winnings.

I thought the Nike idea was kinda true at first, but it in no way stops us announcing deals being agreed. I mean i for one can live a few weeks until i see them in the shirt.  Long as i know they're done....

16 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Nonsense. The adidas deal does not stop us from announcing a deal have been agreed between Chelsea and other club. Numerous times the club have done that on Chelseafc.com and putting a picture of the player while playing for his national team for example. The presentation of the player might be later, when the whole squad gathers again, for instance.

Just speculating. You do have a point there but the presentation is usually done when the player signing is announced. Can't be having them holding the adidas kit, can they?

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

That's assuming he's actually even pissed off and not the media feeding on the fans' paranoia with these rumours.