Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

The Pato signing won't have any effect on what Chelsea do in the summer. Not even in striker department.

He is such a low risk buy at this wages. If he fails he can still be offloaded to China where his stock are hot it seems..

The only issue with this is what I read about him and his best position as people say he is not a striker. I perfectly understand if Chelsea want to add someone to the crop of Diego Costa, Remy and Falcao which will eventually see putting Hazard upfront again with their injury record. They want to have another striker for that and it's fine. However it's concerning that people say Pato is not a striker anymore as he is bought exactly to fill that role.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

We will spend in the summer, but it wont be a 200m splurge.  We have a stadium to pay for, so a lot of business even in summer will be done by raising money through player sales

No need to have a crazy spree. Realistically this team, with good coaching, is top 4 quality already. We were champions last season, and even if we were overachieving like Mourinho insinuated, then our norm would still be top 4 contention. We need 3 signings at least for three broken positions - left-back (will essentially count for two signings as Azpi will move to the other side and Brana gets dropped), permanent central defender to partner Zouma (he is our future) and a midfielder to partner Matic or Mikel. This is the absolute minimum, all other positions are not as critical to improve. When you think about it, that team would be much different to the current one where a few unfilled key positions are dragging the whole team down. If we signed players for those positions that would walk into the team, we would be title contender quality again.

Oh, and one thing. Please stop dissing Chelsea transfers, activity and they low ambition. It's nothing of that sort. It pissess me off when I read from Chelsea fans that everything assocciated with Chelsea is bad and every member in playing squad and the board and even the owner needs overhaul. It's pathetic.

Facts : Chelsea put bids for Griezmann, Stones, Marquinhos and Pogba. They were the last one on Pogba field and the only one to be anything close to signing him. Di Marzio reported bid of 75m€ for him. They were discussing with his representatives till the last day. For Stones we know there was several bids rejected and one that would be second most payed for defender ever. For Griezmann, Jorge Mendes was hired to work on the operation during whole summer but Atletico were able to resist (which still seems quite remarkable considering their debt while signing Jackson Martinez, Luciano Vietto and Carrasco for several millions).

Lack of ambition ? More like selective memory.

I'm happy that for once we didn't settle for stop-gaps and second best. But I understand people who are dissing about lack of summer signings would want stop-gap signings anyway ? So why are they against Pato now ?

Buzzing but cautious. Pato is one of my favourite players to watch on his day. At 26 all that talent can't just have gone. All likelihood points at a flop but I'm absolutely buzzing that we're getting a player with the raw ability to compete with the Ronaldos and Messis of the world. That potential is hiding away somewhere and I hope we can unearth it. Yes he may flop but if he doesn't we've got a top player on our hands.
 He has my backing till the end of his Chelsea career.

Holly hell, everyone overreacting to their teeth. OMG!

Cant you all realise we arent doing any big money/risk business in January anymore? That doesnt mean we lack ambitious or we arent going for big targets anymore. It just means we are waiting for the right time (aka Summer) instead of overpaying in order to try to save what cant be saved. If we panick buy, people complain. If we dont panic buy people still complain. Get a grip!

Also, like some people said, Pato is a very low risk gamble. It is not even close to Quadrado, Torres, Ramires or any other Winter transfer. Its flat out a gamble with potential big return but low money loss if it fails. He wont be worse than Remy or Falcao or Oscar anyway. Imo he can indeed help the team this season. However if he flops just offload him to China or w/e. His wages wont even be a big deal.

You all gotta relax, in May the new manager is going to arrive and with 3-4 great signings the club will already be able to compete for the League again. Manpe made a great point, a LB/RB + CB + DM/CM is enough to make the team look absurdly better. Its not like its the end of the world. United and Liverpool are in a worse situation then us!

12 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

We will spend in the summer, but it wont be a 200m splurge.  We have a stadium to pay for, so a lot of business even in summer will be done by raising money through player sales

Selling hazard would raise a lot of money 

3 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

https://youtu.be/K2EQQGFqxFY

In that goal against barca his acceleration is amazing...don't know if he still has that pace..

Can he play in CL matches?

At 8-10 million it is a low risk signing considering his age

Yes,Pato can play in the Champions league.

Please God, Allah, Budda etc - let this be one signing that exceeds expectations. Please let him have a 20 goal + campaign from now until the end of the season. 

Just one time - would love us yo pick up a cheap player who turns out to be like Suarez or somebody... 

Boohoo it's only Pato. As if world class strikers are willing to come to a club in crisis, with no chance to play in Europe next season. As it stands, Chelsea has the appeal of a fat toothless STD-infested crackwhore. No way anyone at the top of their career would consider coming here.

Hopefully this will blow up in my face this or next transfer period, but I'm not counting on it.

25 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Whats the odds we actually dont want him, and Brazilian media have been well mis informed and he goes elsewhere?

Pretty slim I would say. Time has shown that when there is so much smoke (especially when reliable sources pick it up), there usually is fire too. Even if we don't sign him (or anybody else we're strongly linked with), it doesn't mean we didn't consider it at some point.