The Mourinho Thread

That quote was made 20 years before Hillsborough. I might agree with you if it was said 20 years after. How sure are you that at the time it was said tongue in cheek? Liverpool were very passionate about their football back then, and at that time a lot of fans agreed with Shankly's sentiment.

As for tongue in cheek........When I posted it here that's exactly what it was supposed to be mate !!!!!

Nearly all of Shankly's quotes are tongue in cheek mate. We are old enough to have seen the interviews at the time. He played up to the camera and everything he said was with a glint in his eye. There was a documentary on British TV a few years ago about Hilsborough where a priest says he cringes at that quote every time he has to say a remembrance mass.

It was Shankly who put in place the corner stones of the great Liverpool teams for the likes of Paisley to carry on. I don't let on to be an expert on Liverpool history, but I do remember seeing them play at the time on many occasions, and they were very good. And at that time, in Liverpool, football was very important to the people.The city was fairly run down with a lot of unemployment, so football was a passion up there. I quoted what Shankly said at the time, whether he said it tongue in cheek is up to you to work out. As for me?? I put up the quote as a "light hearted " comment...So take it as such..Don't take life or comments sooooo seriously......Life's too short

As for Chelsea ?? I've supported them since 1970, seen us relegated, practically go out of business, get sold for a pound, lose to clubs like Orient, sell our best players season after season to make ends meet, get hammered by Yid fans Birmingham fans Derby fans and the coppers in Coventry on a cold wet Saturday. So after supporting them for 45 years they are a big part of my life and as such are important to me. But do you really think I'm losing any sleep over our current predicament?? Not bloody likely.. It's been a rollercoaster ride and it ain't over yet and I enjoy all the highs.....and the lows too.

just because you got your facts wrong....;-)

Still think it is a shoite statement to be used nowadays

And as far taking it seriously....I was the one telling others not to and there is more to life than football and Chelsea before you jumped in with that cliched comment

Anyway reference Chelsea you are not the only one who has seen the highs and lows except some of us don't feel the need to put on here unless questioned about it

So, at the end of the day..who gives a toss.

As long as Mourinho and the team relax, enjoy playing the game and just get on with it. One of these days very soon.....the team is going to muller someone by several goals.....lets hope it Saturday lunchtime

CHOULO19, on 29 Oct 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Wtf, Jose? Attacking a reporter for doing his job!

Sigh....Is he really that insecure and unconfident at the moment?!

lol I dont think he attacked him, but he is under stress possibly because of his dads brain tumour

Wtf, Jose? Attacking a reporter for doing his job!

Sigh....Is he really that insecure and unconfident at the moment?!

I am really sick of his excuses. Defend the players and take blame for bad results, be a man! <_<

It's not everyone elses fault if we are losing with such a quality squad against weaker teams every week. And new theory, it's easier to play with 10 men? Than all out attack in first 10 minutes and than red card is the new football philosophy?

Yes he can.

Although if Oscar isn't good enough then neither are Rambo/Mikel

I think he will bring in Pasalic next year (we brought him as the next Frank, and he is doing well at Monaco, who I believe are in EL right now?) and sell one of our midfielders.

Who knows? I honestly believe the club will go without CL football to keep Jose around.

oscar is good enough. even i know that and i dont rate him that highly. the point was does he "care enough".

mikel and rambo are technically limited but they give their 100% on the pitch. their faults wont be because of their efforts.

i honestly cant remember the last time oscar put in a shift/performance and i was happy with his effort.

sorry,but this team has way way too many starters like that. time to give players who actually care a chance.

I am really sick of his excuses. Defend the players and take blame for bad results, be a man! <_<

It's not everyone elses fault if we are losing with such a quality squad against weaker teams every week. And new theory, it's easier to play with 10 men? Than all out attack in first 10 minutes and than red card is the new football philosophy?

he did defend the players and was trying to be positive....

Thought his post match interviews were very good actually and its negative glass half empty muppets like you who try to find fault with everything because it suits your agenda are the ones who are depressing and finding excuses for everything.

At the moment he is damned if he gives players praise and tries to stay upbeat and damned if he doesnt with you types I mentioned

he did defend the players and was trying to be positive....

Thought his post match interviews were very good actually and its negative glass half empty muppets like you who try to find fault with everything because it suits your agenda are the ones who are depressing and finding excuses for everything.

At the moment he is damned if he gives players praise and tries to stay upbeat and damned if he doesnt with you types I mentioned

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Can't help but feel sorry for the bloke. He isn't the one making mistakes out there on the pitch and it's not like he has limitless options to replace players with. He's been let down by the board in the summer; let's hope we can make one or two appropriate acquisitions in January and focus on the FA Cup and getting into the top four.

Just get him out

We're 15th in the table - playing atrocious football

The January transfer thread is hilarious - what player in their right fucking mind would come here with no CL football and to play for a team as shit as ours currently is.

The manager is losing the plot every 5 minutes

People need to wake up and smell the coffee - all this romantic bollocks that Jose is one of us blah blah is reserved exclusively for children's magazines - it counts for fuck all on the pitch

His refusal to integrate youth is yet another continual problem.

You might all be happy to sit around whilsy this guy destroys our club - because he's the special one - but I'm not - I want him gone now and literally any half decent manager to come in and take over as an interim

I don't give a fuck if it costs £30 million to kick him out - that's cheap compared to the long term damage

History has happened - he did well - but football is volatile like the stock market - past performance is no indication of future performance and he has run his course.

We are an absolute laughing stock

that would do more damage to us!

You don't know that, at all.

Actually he has a point because

it would do as far as integrating youth is concerned.

Mourinho has at least started giving a couple match time here and there sporadically.

An interim or new manager would be driven just by results and we would be back to square one with youth as proven over the years.

At trophy winning clubs, youth get in general get more of a chance the longer a manager is there.

Look at LvG at Man Utd....played some youth v MK Dons last season and look at that teamsheet and ask where those players are now. Short term manager spends 300m in a couple of season....no youth bar James Wilson rarely.

Mourinho has stated that if he stays for a long time the youth will get their chance

Or any past interim managers. And we are not talking about stability, don't change the subject. You claimed that an interim manager is going to "damage" us and won't make our current problems disappear, when in the past, this never happened to us. You're just predicting it, which far I'm concerned it's no better than a bet.

I don't trust Mourinho on anything he says about youth to be fair. I lost trust in him about that ages ago.

but what about the rest of the post regarding stability and introduction of youth