The Mourinho Thread

Why do people keep talking about how we will "realize what we lost only once he is gone"?
What will we lose exactly? A manager who antagonises everyone and everything, keeps talking about conspiracies to the degree where you feel ashamed for him, sits in the dugout and looks completely uninterested in the goal Chelsea just scored, causes controversies by firing staff, plays atrocious football that is painful to watch and so on?

Mourinho has done a lot for Chelsea. Having said that, the good does not remove the bad, and the collapse this season is bringing out feelings that have been brewing for some time now. When he arrived long ago he felt like a breath of fresh air in PL, an outspoken manager with a strong personality and new tactical ideas. He inspired many younger managers, but has failed to understand that football has changed. He has gone from being cool to an old grumpy grandpa who yells at kids who skateboard at the sidewalk. His personality has fallen to the same level of his football. I felt that it was a different Mourinho that arrived from Madrid, a man who had lost much of his confidence and passion, and I have never stopped feeling it since. We didnt get Mourinho, we got his shadow, and it is only becoming apparent now. The fact that he still managed to win trophies just shows how great of a manager he once was.

No, everything ends sooner or later, and Mourinho's time has come. It is my opinion at least, which makes me sad as I looked up to him for so long. Emotion should not be allowed to cloud judgement however, the board must take decisions based on what is in front of them.

Look I get the support but unless you've coached at a high level you don't understand the ramifications of losing the locker room. It has nothing to do with a coaches skill as a manager but rather everything to do with belief in the undertaking. If the team doesn't believe in the undertaking you're done. The signs are as clear as day that Jose has lost the room and therefore can no longer remain as the manager.

If Mourinho stays he will do irreparable harm to Chelsea, which may include losing Hazard and other players, failing to qualify for any European tournament, and in the worst case scenario Chelsea getting relegated.

don't shoot the messenger...was justing posting a newspaper article.

However, I suppose you have taught at a high level then and your word is gospel.

Like I don't really buy into media bullshoite...I dont buy into yours either but thanks for the sermon anyway

No. West Ham is at top four at the moment. 28 games left.

Why wouldn't you dont think so? (Not like im confident of it happening)

You pointed out the other day that Liverpool and Spurs had phenomenal second-halves last season.

If they perform 'close' to that level but we somehow/someway did better than them, wouldn't that be one hell of an achievement?

Granted, we really shouldn't even be in this position, but still.

But no team in history had so much quality and were only there due to bad form...

Those kind of statistcs are bullshit and dont mean shit because all other teams that had less than 13 points werent expected to be elsewhere. Chelsea is rhe first big team to struggle without logical reason. Our case is totally unprecedented.

Funny enough though, if things go back on track (either with or without Jose) I wouldnt be shocked if we end up squeezing a top 4 finish. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc, will all have their fair share of ups and downs.

I'm just putting it out there because some still seem to be either downplaying or underestimating the predicament we find ourselves in. And of course it did occur to me that we're probably the best team to ever be in such a precarious position.

All the Mourinho 'one of us' talk is complete bullshit.

The man literally said we would be firing the best manager we have had if we sack him. That is crossing the line and he has done that more than once this in his behaviour towards the image of the club.

He loves himself, whereas he couldn't be arsed about the prestige of the institution that is Chelsea football club.

All the Mourinho 'one of us' talk is complete bullshit.

The man literally said we would be firing the best manager we have had if we sack him. That is crossing the line and he has done that more than once this in his behaviour towards the image of the club.

He loves himself, whereas he couldn't be arsed about the prestige of the institution that is Chelsea football club.

do you remenber where 'one of us' came from?

That isn't relevant. People are trying to defend him by simply pointing to the 'one of you' phrase he used in his first interview back. Borderline stupid.

Can't see why you are having a keyboard frenzy over this.

He was just stating he was and is a Chelsea supporter. You cannot deny him that or infact prove that he isnt.

No big deal

I'm just putting it out there because some still seem to be either downplaying or underestimating the predicament we find ourselves in. And of course it did occur to me that we're probably the best team to ever be in such a precarious position.

Assuming the top 3 is done and dusted, the only teams capable of taking 4th of us are Spurs, Liverpool and maybe Saints.

Liverpool are awful and unlike us aren't a top team severely off form, 6th to 8th is their level, Saints have the first team but squad depth will likely bite them in the ass and Spurs is the one I am worried about, they have found their mojo under Poch and are a seriously tough nut to crack.

Keeping those 3 in a respectable distance has to he priority, I think we will get 4th, will be more by default than anything else, but does it really matter right now?

Speaking of Spurs tho, I know we thought we were getting Stones but how handy would Alderwierld have been for us?

It's Pep in the summer or stick with José no matter what happens this season for me.

Please no Simeone or even Ancelotti. I just do not feel either could do a better job than José. Both would probably have a "shot in the arm," short term turn around but I feel we'd run into the same issues soon enough with Simeone in particular.

CSRswGVW0AAKRpZ.jpg

STRONG headline from Mirror.

Apart from most Chelsea fans it seems that whole England want him gone so so so much, it's fucking unbelievable..

You know why?

Because they are afraid, with Jose most of the fans see Chelsea as a big threat, especially long term, but without him, you are a smart guy and are able to figure it out for yourself.

Playing nice stuff but most of the years winning absolutely nothing...

Especially the gooners already have wet dreams; nothing they wish more is that this shit is about to get real, so do the farts from Manchester....

Now it's the perfect moment for poking the fire and try to finish Jose off once and for all.

Go online, maybe you have access to a newspaper or you simply write a blog and put as much bullshit in it as you can, trouble his family by taking photos of his kids and other nasty stuff and pray for the best.

Abramovich has an engineering degree, i hope that this time he has got the equations right.

Don't fuck it up for the second time!

ONE OF US!

Rumors are saying Abramovich is looking at Guardiola and Simeone for potential candidates to take over in the summer.

This worries me very much. If it has the slightest of truth to it, it shows that the board once again does not know what they're doing and what direction they want the club to go. Why is so hard to understand that you cannot jump from a attacking style of football to a defensive fun and yet still expect stability?

Guardiola and Simeone are completely contrasting in their Football philosophy. I genuinely hope this is just a rumor, because the last thing we need is the board not having a fucking clue on how to build a football identity for our club.