The Mourinho Thread

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2680983/pressure-grows-on-jose-mourinho-as-chelsea-problems-mount

"And expense, of course, is a major deterrent for Abramovich because if he did sack Mourinho, that would cost him dearly, too. A new four-year contract, thought to be worth as much as £30 million, was signed in the summer.

More than that, Chelsea's owner will not want to look stupid. We are led to believe that he wants Mourinho to turn this around and that he wants to avoid a repeat of the instability Chelsea experienced between 2007 and 2013. But how long can his patience hold out?

Before the next international break, Chelsea league and cup trips to Stoke and they will host Liverpool and Dynamo Kiev. It goes without saying that they can ill afford a continuation of this form.

For now, you suspect that Abramovich will wait and see but in the background, expect contingency plans to be drawn. This is now a genuine crisis. Something has to give."

Interesting article. Actually I like EspnFC articles, since they have the balls to write bad words about Jose and realized a long time ago that there is something wrong, while the likes of Daily Mail, Telegraph and Guardian are more interested in his silly controversies, and just keep saying he is the best ever, no matter what. Yesterday someone from Guardian, I think, said the players are letting Mourinho down.

About the article, it seems Abramovich will play the waiting game. The club put themselves in a situation they will look just stupid sacking Mourinho months after giving him an unnecessary contract extention.

To be honest, that contract extention was already stupid months ago, you just can search the forum and will find many members here saying it was not the right time for a new contract.

Right now it will be even more stupid to wait to do the inevitable. The club must act quickly and find solutions for a life after Jose Mourinho, short and long term.

There is no reason to believe Mourinho will turn things around. Well, perhaps the team won't end league in 15th position or even outside the top 10, but I genuinely believe the team won't get top 4 finish as long as Jose Mourinho is the manager.

Even if another manager arrive tomorrow, it would be really difficult to get a top 4 finish. Really, really difficult, but we might have a chance. Mourinho, no chance.

Thats not how football works. The team won't start to play a strong football out of nowhere. The team is not under a short crisis or getting a couple of unlucky results. There is something really wrong with team's structure and spirit. Its not even a team full of new players trying to discover the chemistry, its a team that looks decadent.

Think about Andre Villas Boas season. The team was not as bad as he was making it look, but even after he left, while the football improved, but the team finished no better than 6th.

RDM was sacked when the team was 3rd in the league, 4 points behind the leader (but the team wasn't looking a top 4 finish material, despite some exciting games), after he left the team ended 3rd, but 15 points behind leader.

The team is "only" 9 points behind the top 4, but there are 10 teams between Chelsea and United. I still believe both Spurs and Liverpool are more likely to end in the top 4 than West Ham and Leicester.

At this moment, Chelsea is 6 points behind Spurs, and 2 behind Liverpool (it might be 5 if they win today). Last season, as far as december, we were 15 points in front of Spurs and 20 of Liverpool. At the end of the season, we were 23 from Spurs and 25 from Spurs. It means, from late december to the end of the season, a period where Chelsea got more points than any other team during last season, we only got 8 more points than Spurs and 5 than Liverpool.

It means, if, the team suddenly become one of the best in the PL again, that might be not enough to end the season in the top 4.

The worst part of the season is not even here yet.

If Mourinho fail to get a top 4 finish, he will get the axe, thats beyond doubt, so, if there is a huge indication that he won't achieve that goal, I don't see any good reason to keep his job.

RDM rallied the troops in the cups but I'm the league there was no real improvement, if anything we were worse, although that is kind off understandable since we fuked the league off to focus on the CL.

The way I see the top 4 race this season is only Liverpool, Spurs and possibly Saints are strong enough to take it from us, the rest just don't have the quality to keep runs going, so for aslong as we keep those bunch to a respectable distance (maximum seven points) we have a chance.

This shouldn't be called a bad season (so far). We are 15th in the league, lost 5 out of 10 PL games, no signs of improvement, negative football, Mourinho losing his mind on and off the pitch, almost every player underperforming, seeing Mourinho, Costa, Matic etc. getting sent off and fined.

"Bad" is seriously an understatement. We are sinking faster than what David Moyes has done for United. If action isn't taken quickly, forget top 4 and CL and forget us winning anything this season. My Gooner dad even felt sorry for me yesterday telling me Mourinho is leading us to relegation.

Kin ell mate. Don't let it worry you. Its just a game of football.

Win or lose...we're on the booze and having a laugh

stop talking rubbish...i was refering to transfers...no one could have predicted our business in July

I was talking about the what Others and I could see as a bad situation .. as to transfers big clubs BUY before they sell ..

of course Rhinos are noted for being short sighted ..

I was talking about the what Others and I could see as a bad situation .. as to transfers big clubs BUY before they sell ..

of course Rhinos are noted for being short sighted ..

as usual ...you have jumped in without reading the full post .

I answered the poster when he said he predicted everything in July including transfers or in this case lack of.

That is what you replied to.

No one....not even the board, Mourinho, the best poster on talkchelsea, the hindsight merchants ( loads on here ) could have predicted what was going to happen in the transfer window up until Sep 2nd from back in July.

However if a clever cloggs like you think you are able to then let us all know in December so we can all make a shed load of dosh in January with the bookies.

Until, then...just enjoy the ride....football ain't everything and whether its home, away or in Europe....we always have a laugh and a good time

as usual ...you have jumped in without reading the full post .

I answered the poster when he said he predicted everything in July including transfers or in this case lack of.

That is what you replied to.

No one....not even the board, Mourinho, the best poster on talkchelsea, the hindsight merchants ( loads on here ) could have predicted what was going to happen in the transfer window up until Sep 2nd from back in July.

However if a clever cloggs like you think you are able to then let us all know in December so we can all make a shed load of dosh in January with the bookies.

Until, then...just enjoy the ride....football ain't everything and whether its home, away or in Europe....we always have a laugh and a good time come what may

The poster

you said in an earlier post you belong to a proper forum where you are a well known poster , and come here only to laugh at the posts on here .. Just which forum please and what is your name there ..

you said in an earlier post you belong to a proper forum where you are a well known poster , and come here only to laugh at the posts on here .. Just which forum please and what is your name there ..

off subject...1. I have never ever said I am on a proper forum....just said i post on another one and am well known....like you are well known on here (for a variety of reasons)

2. i have never ever said I only come on here to laugh at posts...though like most forums it can be very amusing

3. Why the hell should I tell you personal stuff?

back on subject....transfers or lack of may have disrupted the managers thinking. Perhaps the board were too over confident in telling him who we would get.....am sure it will all come out eventually

WHY THE FUCK IS HE STILL HERE!!!

the club has shoved itself in a corner. and we are screwed. well done jose, well done.

when he gets fired, the January window will be a nice time to find at least one other excellent CM and the next manager might know how to run rotation and work in youth while giving the overall squad confidence in build-up play.

hired a dud manager and lost KDB, but the future still can be bright.

I'm more concerned about the idiot decision by the board and/or director to prematurely re-sign this manager.

We seem to have a good scouting network, so I'll take that as a shining plus.

when he gets fired, the January window will be a nice time to find at least one other excellent CM and the next manager might know how to run rotation and work in youth while giving the overall squad confidence in build-up play.

hired a dud manager and lost KDB, but the future still can be bright.

I'm more concerned about the idiot decision by the board and/or director to prematurely re-sign this manager.

We seem to have a good scouting network, so I'll take that as a shining plus.

Never seen a title winning manager be called a dud before.

We will bounce back but if we go out of the CL, the COC, and lose against Pool I think the board will lose patience. But as of now I think we will win all of those games. We could have scored for against WHU had a couple of decisions gone our way and luck smiled at us for once - same as against Kiev, and we have some heart in performances now. We will see.

Never seen a title winning manager be called a dud before.

We will bounce back but if we go out of the CL, the COC, and lose against Pool I think the board will lose patience. But as of now I think we will win all of those games. We could have scored for against WHU had a couple of decisions gone our way and luck smiled at us for once - same as against Kiev, and we have some heart in performances now. We will see.

I believe the number one objective of Chelsea and Jose at the outset of this second term was to build a future, a strong foundation for the club. something to propel Chelsea. that certainly isn't translating onto the pitch with how Chelsea have played under Jose, so yes, a title (in a season where other clubs fell short TBH), but also a dud manager for the utmost goal of the club.

Like he would leave a job as easy as Bayerns to come to our shit house.

I believe the number one objective of Chelsea and Jose at the outset of this second term was to build a future, a strong foundation for the club. something to propel Chelsea. that certainly isn't translating onto the pitch with how Chelsea have played under Jose, so yes, a title (in a season where other clubs fell short TBH), but also a dud manager for the utmost goal of the club.

I wouldn't say that he has failed in that aspect much. If you look at the squad he inherited, which was basically

Cech

Iva Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Rami

Oscar Mata Hazard

Torres

he has improved it exponentially. If Jose manages to ride out his 3rd season hoodoo and gets us winning again I think he will be around for a very long time (although a big if). And he can play good football, obviously after getting us winning that will be the next goal. I suspect he will get another defensive right back to allow Cesc to play deep again without leaving us horribly exposed.

Just for reference, this is the team we will probably see from 16/17. And once it returns to form this season I believe we can easily recover this season and come at least top 4 - first place is only 9 points away.

Courtois

(RB) Cahill Zouma Azpi

Cesc Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Now imo the good outweighs the bad decisions here. Yes, Mata and KdB are gone and Oscar is still here BUT

He ousted Cech for an even better keeper, a monumental task. Renewed JT's career again, kicked off Zouma's, got rid of Cole, put Azpi in the side, he brought in Cesc (who is just now recovering his form) and Matic (he seems lost, but he is capable of being a midfield monster), moulded Hazard into one of the top 5 in the world, and brought in Costa to a team that needed a striker more than anything.

From what I hear the club will put up with no CL football next year and keep Jose if it comes to it - unless we get relegated or other extraordinary event occurs I believe that the club will stick with him.

key word in that article.....intermediarys

.i.e. agents/ brokers who have sweet f.a. to do with either manager or club