The Mourinho Thread

I would rather everyone criticise the players for a week than the club be tainted for a very long time.

Same, but as long as Mou is at the helm we're in for a long ride till that happens lol

Never mind that, nobody is talking about what happened elsewhere in the Premier League last weekend, such as Arsenal's (hilarious) defeat for instance. Everything has been on Eva/Physios/Mourinho since Monday!

That certainly isn't ideal to put it simply.

Reading some of the DM 'news' articles and they build Jose to be the worse thing ever and has sublime power. If Jose had even just a single speck of control, i am sure that the players he wanted would be done here right now. But no they aren't. Chelsea are a corporate business along side a football club, hence the lack of urgency unless a player leaves, and maybe why Eva's demotion.

As it was said, both Eva and Jose had made mistakes in an unfortunate timing of the season. No doubt frustrations from the result got to Jose, as we know he can be hot-headed/honest after the game - sometimes too much - and it normally causes situations, he was wrong to say what he did, but one incident didn't cause the defeat and someone like Jose wouldn't blame it on a few minutes of a 90 minute game.

Unfortunately the situation has been sprung to a point where it is seemingly like a ship tearing into to, a 'us' versus 'them', which just so happen to be in the first proper game of the season. Media vultures were circling so maybe it was a PR decision to try and defuse public tensions, which was then added.

The truth is jaded and hidden away from the public, so people can only spectacle on the truths, but sadly the only sources are a slimy spinsters who are known to disregard common courtesy to bait people with bullshit.

Any social medi policy will also be backed by a 'media' policy - I cannot believe that making disparaging remarks about any Chelsea FC employee in Public would be tolerated.

That's my issue - Mourinho was being a childish idiot and crossed the line - he could have said nothing... Or hidden behind its not the clubs policy to publicly talk about staff members Yada yada... But no, he crossed the line and then what had followed is absolutely fucking farcical

I hope maybe the media realigns itself tomorrow and focuses on those huge explosions in China - it looked awful and I hope people were not killed, but looking at the explosion it seems inevitable. This event puts this and everything related to football into context

It's been a series of stupid actions, culminating in a circus show - but ultimately a show - whilst the 'real' tragedy of life continues unabated.

Sadly this has all of the hallmarks of Mou's previous tenure and we know how that ended - they say lightning never strikes the same place twice and thst history repeats itself - one of those statements is incorrect, the other is.... I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusions....

I don't defend his behavior at all but people saying she was just sharing her feelings are as naive as she was (to use a nice word). Then others say he's using her to whatever, he isn't and he actually had a better excuse if he wanted one. And we both know the decision isn't his...

Was it invasion of the pitch then ?

Like that Spaniard Jimmy Jump who was chasing Figo in the Greece-Portugal euro final ?
So the system is a) Mourinho says to the physios "invade" or B) Mourinho says to the physios "don't invade".

Even so, the poor rascals did n't have time to confer with him or he with them. When Jose starts jumping in disapproval, Eva has reached the centre circle. As for "appreciation" we all know that the players of the team who want to hurry it up don't feign injury - so if someone goes down it's got to be for real.

I did n't like the reaction either. The war was not won by soldiers reacting to the commands of comrade Stalin.
So what might be better than a mutual apology ?
We are in danger of going to City and losing 25-0 but if peace is reestablished we might as well reverse that.

She just gave Mourinho an excuse. Mourinho can sell the best player of the previous two seasons to a rival if he wants to. I don't think she had any future at the club even if she did not post something to facebook.

I think the worrying thing is it is his third season and he started throwing hissy fits again.

Okay I know tensions are high at the moment, but lol what?!

How can one of the most successful managers of this century be referred to as narcissistic and toxic? Sure, it remains to be seen how long he will stay with us [despite his claims he'll be here for a prolonged period of time], but that by in no means makes him a toxic. He's not like Fergie, for example, who leaves an aging bone-dry squad to the next coming manager. He lays down foundations for a manager to build upon if anything.

Yea, his approach to the game is unorthodox at the best of times. But so was Clough.

Most CEOs and leaders are narcissistic and in a few instances sociopathic. To lead you have to have a high opinion of yourself and illustrate to those that follow that your confidence cannot be shaken.

Look at some of worst people in history that were able to captivate large following they all were narcisstic and in some cases megalomaniacs. (I.e Hitler Stalin, Koresh, Manson etc. All dispicable human beings yet they were able to have many followers because they held unflappable conviction and people as a whole will follow these people in a flock mentality.

Clearly I'm not equating Mourinho to them but rather illustrating how much a dominant figure he is after all look how many people think he is above criticism and will label anyone who criticizes him as not a true Chelsea fan.

As for toxicity Mourinho has never stayed anywhere for a long not because he can't but because he burns bridges and makes enemies because he's blunt and doesn't give an F. He's too much Sonny and not enough Michael Corleone.

I'm not an Eva devotee or other such nonsense. I just don't understand airing out dirty laundry or scapegoating while refusing to take responsibility.

So this sets a dangerous precedent for any future Chelsea first team medical staff during games.

*If a Chelsea player is down or injured you must first seek approval from the first team manager before assisting the player even if the game referee is waving you on for medical assistance.

*If you break this club policy you will be called out and shamed by the manager on live broadcast while also being demoted from your position and benched. This policy stands even if it is in breach of your medical code of conduct and thr extensive training you have undertaken.

I respect Jose and our club but clear they have got this one completely wrong and it looks like the shit has hit the fan and may backfire on their faces.

This is not a game for sissy and wussies, where your parents come running into the field because you got tripped. Even American youth soccer players have more mojo than what she's trying to create at Chelsea. Get real guys. Hazard was the most fouled guy in the league and he was hardly protected by the refs, but he still played. Those guys were out of shape and were sucking air since the pre-season. They need to play through it to get their second wind back. That's the only way to do it. How many times did you see the other teams physios running into the soccer field like it was some amateur youth football Sunday event?

I would have liked to see that during my days. My dad would have whopped your ass and sent you back in the field to go defend yourself. I remember the ref even asking me in a snide remark, during one game, if I was going to sit there and be bullied all game long. He just couldn't take it anymore and keep protecting me. Patrick Viera would have fuvked you up by now.

Grow some balls and stop all these whining. This is man's game. Go try that ish in the Championships, or with Italian defenders in Italy and see what happens. Even American players have grown more balls than some of our pampered whinny little biatches. Get over it. JM is the coach. If that's what he wants on his staff. Deal with it.

She is becoming a distraction, and she needs to stay in the background and do her job. Since when do we have to watch a Doctor run into the field of play every five minutes to enjoy our Chelsea team. I'm so sick of this and our people buying into this DM charade. I guess some people have short memories, where we were getting two coaches per season. Nonsense. We need to rebuild this team and build a dynasty. We still need players and get everyone in shape and we are worried that won't see Eva on TV screens on the weekend.

Either support Chelsea or go support some purse carriers. Enough already. Damn!

Eva is ok and not all that beauty wise. I like her and she's also my FB friend, but this nonsense needs to stop. She's a doctor, then be a fucking doctor. The last time I saw my doc, who is also a gaddamn cutie, it was in a small tiny room and not on Youtube.

This is not a game for sissy and wussies, where your parents come running into the field because you got tripped. Even American youth soccer players have more mojo than what she's trying to create at Chelsea. Get real guys. Hazard was the most fouled guy in the league and he was hardly protected by the refs, but he still played. Those guys were out of shape and were sucking air since the pre-season. They need to play through it to get their second wind back. That's the only way to do it. How many times did you see the other teams physios running into the soccer field like it was some amateur youth football Sunday event?

I would have liked to see that during my days. My dad would have whopped your ass and sent you back in the field to go defend yourself. I remember the ref even asking me in a snide remark, during one game, if I was going to sit there and be bullied all game long. He just couldn't take it anymore and keep protecting me. Patrick Viera would have fuvked you up by now.

Grow some balls and stop all these whining. This is man's game. Go try that ish in the Championships, or with Italian defenders in Italy and see what happens. Even American players have grown more balls than some of our pampered whinny little biatches. Get over it. JM is the coach. If that's what he wants on his staff. Deal with it.

She is becoming a distraction, and she needs to stay in the background and do her job. Since when do we have to watch a Doctor run into the field of play ever five minutes to enjoy our Chelsea team. I'm so sick of this and our people buying into this DM charade. I guess some people have short memories, where we were getting two coaches per season. Nonsense. We need to rebuild this team and build a dynasty. We still need players and get everyone in shape and we are worried that won't see Eva on TV screens on the weekend.

Either support Chelsea or go support some purse carriers. Enough already. Damn!

Eva is ok and not all that beauty wise. I like her and she's also my FB friend, but this nonsense needs to stop. She's a doctor, then be a fucking doctor. The last time I saw my doc, who is also a gaddamn cutie, it was in a small tiny room and not on Youtube.

Live to like that again. "She is becoming a distraction, and she needs to stay in the background and do her job. Since when do we have to watch a Doctor run into the field of play ever five minutes to enjoy our Chelsea team. I'm so sick of this and our people buying into this DM charade. I guess some people have short memories, where we were getting two coaches per season. Nonsense. We need to rebuild this team and build a dynasty. We still need players and get everyone in shape and we are worried that won't see Eva on TV screens on the weekend." Wet dreamers go kill yours

Not related at all. This is a football club where everyone has his/her own fans, no relation to the big companies and their employees you talk about. She did her job and thanked for the support after being criticized in front of cameras for doing her job.

Grownups do not throw hissy fits and blame others when they don't win btw.

Are you a grown up? Because it sounds like you are having a hissy fit. Just saying....

I disagree with many points, but since you're tired, let's agree to disagree then.

Yeah there was no point carrying on with the discussion as I was asleep by 10pm last night :lol: But the world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

Not related at all. This is a football club where everyone has his/her own fans, no relation to the big companies and their employees you talk about. She did her job and thanked for the support after being criticized in front of cameras for doing her job.

Grownups do not throw hissy fits and blame others when they don't win btw.

Grown ups do however attempt to isolate the input from the outcome in order to consider what helped you win and what didn't. I'm not saying anything you don't know when I observe that, win, loose, or draw, in commerce, sport, or whatever, it is necessary to assess individual contributions and judge whether that person/machine/system contributed positively or otherwise; whether or not future chances of success will be enhanced by similar performance levels. Read your own posts and you'll see that this is exactly how you judge Chelsea's displays and you are sensible to do so.

Making such judgements is a continual process. If managers are as sensible as you, they won't allow winning or losing to distract them from it. If something needs fixing then you fix it. Indeed we've all heard Jose being strongly critical of his teams in victory, and we've also heard of him doing so during half time even when they are leading. It's not about hissy fits. Any person in a management role is not only entitled to critically assess the of members of her/his team, it's her/his responsibility to do so. Having said all of that however...

I do not agree with Jose this time. It seems to me that he has behaved badly but I don't see that it is wise for me to attempt to substitute my judgement for his. Especially since my own ideas are almost certainly based on incomplete information. Trusting someone is being prepared to back their judgement even when it differs from yours. I trust Jose.

Grown ups do however attempt to isolate the input from the outcome in order to consider what helped you win and what didn't. I'm not saying anything you don't know when I observe that, win, loose, or draw, in commerce, sport, or whatever, it is necessary to assess individual contributions and judge whether that person/machine/system contributed positively or otherwise; whether or not future chances of success will be enhanced by similar performance levels. Read your own posts and you'll see that this is exactly how you judge Chelsea's displays and you are sensible to do so.

Making such judgements is a continual process. If managers are as sensible as you, they won't allow winning or losing to distract them from it. If something needs fixing then you fix it. Indeed we've all heard Jose being strongly critical of his teams in victory, and we've also heard of him doing so during half time even when they are leading. It's not about hissy fits. Any person in a management role is not only entitled to critically assess the of members of her/his team, it's her/his responsibility to do so. Having said all of that however...

I do not agree with Jose this time. It seems to me that he has behaved badly but I don't see that it is wise for me to attempt to substitute my judgement for his. Especially since my own ideas are almost certainly based on incomplete information. Trusting someone is being prepared to back their judgement even when it differs from yours. I trust Jose.

Do you think he would give the same reaction if we were winning and have beaten Arsenal? I wish he was different this time but it is the third season and his tantrums started again.

P.S. I am not going to respond to belieber type of weirdos, so stop quoting me.