The Mourinho Thread

Fabregas is also not a "Jose type player"....

Seriously ridicules excuse.

He screwed up end of fact.

Can't make all your transfer be an ace.

The cases are different. Cuadrado may very well have been a Jose signing but, although you are reluctant to accept it, the evidence does admit the interpretation I've put on it. Consider not just what Jose has said about why he wanted Matic, Cesc & Costa but consider also how and when he said it. If there is any equivalent interview about Cuadrado I'm not aware of it.

I say again, I do not believe that Cuadrado was bought on Jose's recommendation and that opinion has nothing to do with whether the player is or isn't a good signing.

Shame he refused to touch the trophy during the celebrations. Big difference from when we last won it, he took the crown and put it on his own head, now.. people are doing it to him.

He's not young and arrogant anymore, he's now mature...and arrogant!

He didn't even lift the fucking thing, Fergie was doing that in his late 60's/70's!

Fergie was never a team man, though. He was the boss and always maintained that relation with his players. Jose is more than that to players. In the last stint he was more or less the same age as the players so he wanted to celebrate like them, now they're like his kids and he's rather let them have their fun while he enjoys from a distance.

Does that make him a tiny bit less motivated to win trophies, maybe, but he's obviously still incredibly good at just that.

Fergie was never a team man, though. He was the boss and always maintained that relation with his players. Jose is more than that to players. In the last stint he was more or less the same age as the players so he wanted to celebrate like them, now they're like his kids and he's rather let them have their fun while he enjoys from a distance.

Does that make him a tiny bit less motivated to win trophies, maybe, but he's obviously still incredibly good at just that.

All I wanted was a pic of him with the trophy 'during the celebrations', not much to ask for as a football fan really.

Fair and good points. Must admit i didn't take any notice of Sheva in the World Cup. Suppose his reputation was bigger then his actual talent. He was always a yard off the pace.

In that World Cup Sheva was excellent tho playing with injuries .. It did him and us no good in the end perhaps I should put italics everywhere

some think that is more convincing

Shame he refused to touch the trophy during the celebrations. Big difference from when we last won it, he took the crown and put it on his own head, now.. people are doing it to him.

Not sure what you're talking about. He was celebrating just like the rest of the players and coaching staff.

^ Not a great pic, bad lighting, tacky attire, poor angle etc.

Haven't seen that one from Steve's avatar anywhere.

No offence, but sometimes I find it hard to understand if you're trolling or being serious :D

In that World Cup Sheva was excellent tho playing with injuries .. It did him and us no good in the end perhaps I should put italics everywhere

some think that is more convincing

Well we seriously disagree about that then. After watching him in Germany I posted the opinion, elsewhere, that he was no longer as good as his reputation and that he couldn't help us. One responder told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and offered a load of Sheva's career stats to support his case. I told him that I preferred the evidence of my own eyes to which he replied with more stats. :)

I guess you are saying it was mere coincidence that the conclusion I came to, based on my assessment of Sheva at that tournament, turned out to be correct. Perhaps, perhaps not.

I use italics for emphasis in the hope they add to the clarity of what I'm trying to say. Clarity and persuasiveness are not the same thing.