Michael Essien

LDN Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is from Michael Essien's blog.

Finally tell us one thing people didn’t know about you…

When I was a kid I used to help my mum bake bread. My mum was a baker and my job after school or on holidays was to paint the baking trays with oil before the bread mix was poured in. I was also the chief taster after each batch was baked and I can tell you I have eaten more bread than any man on earth. I still love bread till this day.

So guys, if any of you want to be world-class DM than go eat tons of bread. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's over for him. It's so sad to see him in his current state, like watching an old lion hunt.

He has lost quite a bit of sprint speed. Everything else seems to be coming back, however..In his current state, I would say he's still an excellent squad option.

He has lost quite a bit of sprint speed. Everything else seems to be coming back, however..In his current state, I would say he's still an excellent squad option.

Don't know about that. QPR were godawful yesterday yet he was still really poor and lost out many times.

Hes probably on 80-90k wages and I think we could get about 5m at least for him if we sell him to a French club. He's already 29 if I remember correctly. Honestly cant afford to keep a past-it Essien earning 90k a week at this club for a long time. If its just for next season then I wouldn't mind though.

It's not his technique. It's just that he doesn't seem to care anymore. He doesn't have the passion or energy or drive anymore.

He is still rated at 35mio. We could easily get 20mio because now players are realy expensive on his position and he is quite proved DM.

I think we should wait some time, maybe he will get that passion back.

He is still rated at 35mio. We could easily get 20mio because now players are realy expensive on his position and he is quite proved DM.

I think we should wait some time, maybe he will get that passion backI

Rated at 35m? LOL are you even serious. No way would we get more than 10m for him.

Rated at 35m? LOL are you even serious. No way would we get more than 10m for him.

For what its worth, Transfermarkt had him down at 26.8 million as of January of this year.

Edit: Damn you Kiaretta! :P

Some of it makes sense though, he still has an earth shaking reputation, and his purchase would certainly provide an increased commercial interest, such as sponsorship, kit sales, etc. It's still mind boggling that he's rated at > 20 million though.