Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Her dream is to play DI soccer and its hard to walk away from a dream. We've told her no matter what college will happen with or without football. Part of me would love to see her play DI. The other part doesn't want to see her riddled with arthritis in her late 20s either. She's weighing the options because DI is still an option. Or maybe she'll become a girly girl, join a sorority and play intramurals. Still have a year to decide.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking about this guy. I know it's a long-shot because of his two perma-crocked knees but is there any chance we will ever seen the bison in full flow again?

Really miss this guy, was an amazing player not to mention he was one of our players that wasn't detested by anyone and everyone.

He was really something special. How often does it happen that a midfielder of his type is seen as one of the best midfielders in world football and of his generation by football fans all over the world?

The most painful thing about Ess' case is the fact that his decline was out of his hands..

• 3 weeks later...
"I was in so much shock that I could not hold back the tears. I sobbed uncontrollably to the extent that the physios called off the session. The simplest of things like driving were so difficult; I had to be driven home."

- Michael Essien talking about the death of his founder & mentor.

http://blogs.chelseafc.com/?p=1368

Sad to hear it. R.I.P.

So what's the latest news on Essien's injury?

There were quite a few articles saying that he'd be back late March 2012...is this confirmed/true or will he miss the entire season due to the injury?

So what's the latest news on Essien's injury?

There were quite a few articles saying that he'd be back late March 2012...is this confirmed/true or will he miss the entire season due to the injury?

Considering the history of our players with regards to injuries, I guess we will never now until March gets here..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...