Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Maybe he realizes that if he is to be a bit part player at the club he would need to get a lower wage or otherwise be pushed out of the Champion's League Winners squad altogether.

That still doesn't make sense, he won't be happy with being a bit-part player anyway. So he isn't going to lower his wages, for moral reasons.

Torres is valued at 31 million pounds by that site. I don't know how they can come up with these figures. Perhaps Ron the maths teacher (Zolayes) can design some equations for this purpose :)

sorry Maths equations are built using logic ... Logic doesnt exist in the transfer market .. Better to study Chaos theory or Eisenbergs Uncertainty Theorem

Torres is valued at 31 million pounds by that site. I don't know how they can come up with these figures. Perhaps Ron the maths teacher (Zolayes) can design some equations for this purpose :)

Torres I can understand to an extent. When you buy Torres, you're looking at a ridiculous amount of merchandise revenue, probably one of the highest in the world after Ronaldo and Messi.

This guy's situation is a complete nightmare. 3 years to run on his deal and he is nigh on finished at this level already. Whoever decided to hand him a contract extension while he was nursing knee ligament damage needs to be shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Essien's agent has said to France Football that he's staying at Chelsea. Got another 3 years on his contract. ffs.

We weren't all sentimental with Drogba and allowed him to leave, so why are we keeping Essien?

I can't remember any notable pass, tackle or interception from him this season.

This is what separates Champions from pretenders - they cut their losses when they need to, shift old wood when they need to, and don't keep someone around just because they have a nice smile.

Essien's agent has said to France Football that he's staying at Chelsea. Got another 3 years on his contract. ffs.

We weren't all sentimental with Drogba and allowed him to leave, so why are we keeping Essien?

I can't remember any notable pass, tackle or interception from him this season.

This is what separates Champions from pretenders - they cut their losses when they need to, shift old wood when they need to, and don't keep someone around just because they have a nice smile.

Keeping Essien makes no sense.

The injuries have taken all his ability away from him.

From a top-class midfielder to a below-par midfielder in a few seasons.

Well I guess Essien will be enjoying the Chelsea bench for the rest of his contract.

Maybe it's just that no one wants him anymore when there are better and younger options available for the same price. After all, Essien's reputation is still high and he would want a good wage if he went to some other team so they prefer buying some decent youngster instead for a slightly higher transfer fee but on a fraction of Essien's wages. And if Michael himself is more than happy to stay at Chelsea and get a good wage without playing every week then the only one to blame is the idiot who gave him a 5 year contract two years ago when his injuries were common knowledge.

There's still hope left that he will get even a little bit closer to the player he was if he can enjoy a good preseason without injuries. As long as he performs even slightly better than last season he can still be a decent player for the team but not a definite starter like he was before his knees got fucked up. Of course he should still be sold if someone is willing to take him, but I'm not holding my breath

That's 60-80k a week that could be better used elsewhere. And also a spot for a non homegrown player.

This! Essien will never be the same... Sad thing, but fact. Everytime, when he came on, was awful... We should try to sell on any price.