James Rodríguez

We have the best young GK in the world, we already have the best Defence in the league now stronger with Filipe Luis, arguably one of if not the best central midfield in the league with Matic and Cesc, the best attacking trio in the league, and one of the worlds best striker and a returning World Cup winner. We are more than ready for this season to start.

I'm not saying we are not ready for the season, I was just thinking of what will make us have on par starting lineups with bayern/madrid/barca

I refuse to accept our ams that have chance finishing/chance creating problems as the best ams in the league. And dimaria is on par with hazard in creating chances/dribble style(That's why I said dimaria would tip the scales in our favour and put us on par with our former mourinho team)

Unless schurlle brings his world cup form here, we just have to pray every chance falls into only costa's feet, because from last season basis, any other am we have will miss more than they score.

As for the pivot, its on par with city. Yaya/fernadinho was still a devastating pivot last season, buying fabregas doesn't mean yaya toure wasn't arguably the best midfielder in europe last season.

And aguero is on par with costa.

We underestimate city's team too much. They're still a little better than us if we remove the defence and keeper.

I was just comparing starting lineups from midfield till strikers, of course if I include the defence, it evens out between us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DI maria to United? where's that came from? they only talk about PSG so far.

tbh i prefer Hazard-Oscar-Willian-Costa to City's front 4. Arsenal got a great attack too, imo they're second best to us. City's attacking quality comes alot from Yaya and the full backs, and except Silva i dont think any of their AM is that good. You can say the same about us and Hazard last season, but i think Willian/Oscar/Schurrle have a lot more potential than Navas/Milner/Nasri.

DI maria to United? where's that came from? they only talk about PSG so far.

tbh i prefer Hazard-Oscar-Willian-Costa to City's front 4. Arsenal got a great attack too, imo they're second best to us. City's attacking quality comes alot from Yaya and the full backs, and except Silva i dont think any of their AM is that good. You can say the same about us and Hazard last season, but i think Willian/Oscar/Schurrle have a lot more potential than Navas/Milner/Nasri.

I would rate City, arsenal than chelsea... (but it all depends on how well costa does).

Views on who has the best squad going into the new season? Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and then possibly us?

Madrid hands down. But a lot depends on how the players are used.

The line up of

CR-BENZEMA-BALE

JAMES-MODRIC-KROOS

is overkill and will be DESTROYED on counters. Which means that either benzema/kroos will have to be sacrificed.

Barca have not done anything to improve their defence so don't think that on paper they have the strongest squad. Maybe, enrique won't play the PEP tiki taka or rather the tiki taka that barca played in 2008 with henry, etoo.

Bayern are obviously one of the strongest squads out their but pep's insistence on playing with tiki-taka will be their death in europe atleast. Dante-boateng shiuld not be playing a high line while badstubber might be a massive addition but it is yet to be seen how he holds up after alnost a whole season of injury. Also the sale of kroos hardly affects them. They have already bought bernat which means they now have 4 full backs (rafinha, contento, alaba, bernat) so lahm will be playing in the mid.

Psg seems one of the best squads around. With a silva-luiz Cb pairing and the possible signing of maria, they can be a real threat.

City as a squad beats us too in strength. They have a brilliant first team with managala- kompany as the CB pairing, plus a really good sub to every player. If coata gets injured for a CL semi, we play with luakaku while city play jovetic/negredo.

While all teans may have this or thay, we have a JOSE!!!

Madrid and Barcelona got 2 of the best squads in the world on paper, followed by Bayern then City, PSG and us for me. However it isn't always the strongest team that win or go far but rather the most hard working, disciplined and often talented(not super stars) get far such as Inter, Dortmund, Atletico, Lyon and Schalke showed in the last 5-6 years in the CL.

At the start no one believed they will get far but they do anyway, and by having talented players with great managers instead full of super stars. So the manager and the tactic is just as important as the quality of players. For example we should get beaten on nearly every single position on the pitch if played against those big 3, but in reality we are likely to lose by 1-2 goal difference max, maybe even draw or win by narrow margin too.

To be fair he was bought based on world cup performance, and based on the world cup he was about 2x as good as Hazard.

Yeah true but i don't think it's a very smart decision to buy a player based only on his world cup performance.

I mean what was it 5 games ?

This is something that seems to happen every WC. For some reason when a player has a great WC or a poor one, everything that player has done seems to be completely ignored and the only thing remaining is his WC performance.

Honestly it's hilarious how some people actually thing Rodriguez is better then Hazard or even as good as him.

I feel bad for this James Rodriguez lad. He's gonna be at real with a massive amount of pressure on him to perform as he did in the WC. If he doesn't perform immediately he'll just be cast aside like Isco is now. It's just ridiculous.

To be fair he was bought based on world cup performance, and based on the world cup he was about 2x as good as Hazard.

You're right, he was fantastic in Brazil but still... He is an outstanding player but even the 45 million that Monaco payed for him was surprising.. But 80 million... They payed 81M euros for Suarez and 94M for Ronaldo.. These two players are top ones, they have proved their quality. James is 23 and he has never played in a top three league or in the Champions League(maybe a few matches for Porto, I don't remember).

Also, if Kroos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo and James play at the same time who would steal the show? Some of them will disappear and I haven't even mentioned Di Maria and Isco.

wow some peeps actually think Monaco will let him go of him AFTER 1 year that easily when he cost 45m Euros. smh

Thought you should be reminded of this post.... Money solves everything mate.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You