James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Thats very harsh. Both players are brilliant and literally levels above any creative players we can boast of.

Why? James doesnt give a fuck and neither is Isco. Spending their careers on bench just so they can say they play for Madrid. Whenever they play, they score odd goal or make cool dribble, but neither is actualy a good team player who would contribute, run around and put their body on line to help team mates. Vazquez was playing ahead of both against City, it tells you something.

Adriano, Balotelli etc all had huge talents. But talent is not all. Mature and responsible players are what we need right now, not some kids like James or Isco.

I dont want such lazy players. Rather keep Hazard because at least he has some history with Chelsea and got us title.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Why? James doesnt give a fuck and neither is Isco. Spending their careers on bench just so they can say they play for Madrid. Whenever they play, they score odd goal or make cool dribble, but neither is actualy a good team player who would contribute, run around and put their body on line to help team mates. Vazquez was playing ahead of both against City, it tells you something.

Adriano, Balotelli etc all had huge talents. But talent is not all. Mature and responsible players are what we need right now, not some kids like James or Isco.

I dont want such lazy players. Rather keep Hazard because at least he has some history with Chelsea and got us title.

The year when Bale was bought by Madrid, he and isco went head to head for a spot. Luckily for isco, Bale got an injury and isco had a long time to play in the team. He was exquisite. Yet, as soon as Bale came back from injury, Isco was dropped. What does that tell the player about the team and the club? It simply tells him that no matter what, your transfer fee is going to decide your place in the team. 

Also, the way RM is set up is very very different from ours. They give all the freedom in the world to their front 3 and want legs in the middle to make up for them. James and Isco are simply not those players. Also, mate, I massively disagree with calling James as a "lazy player". I am not sure if you have watched him at all last season. His workrate is close to willian's. Anyways, we are a team that want to give hazard all the freedom and want bodyguards to be played in the team just so cesc can play. Meanwhile, while Hazard's talents might warrant that, cesc definitely does not. We take james/Isco and give them the role that cesc would have in a midfield 3 with Radja and Matic, and we would be a completely brilliant team. Both are miles better dribblers, ball controllers, tempe controllers, goal scorers. It is simply their current roles in the squad and the weird heirachy at Madrid that makes them look poor. Dont forget, Filipe luis was not a "good defender" for us. Now he is the best defender in the best defence in the world. Without a doubt, the best LB in the world currently. A lot depends on the club and the system.

Real Madrid have a system which revolves around CR and bale with kroos and modric in the midfield. Any player would find it difficult to break through. Have either of isco/james at this club to link up with hazard and the "protection" of radja and matic, and they would play like the world class talents that they are.

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

The year when Bale was bought by Madrid, he and isco went head to head for a spot. Luckily for isco, Bale got an injury and isco had a long time to play in the team. He was exquisite. Yet, as soon as Bale came back from injury, Isco was dropped. What does that tell the player about the team and the club? It simply tells him that no matter what, your transfer fee is going to decide your place in the team. 

Also, the way RM is set up is very very different from ours. They give all the freedom in the world to their front 3 and want legs in the middle to make up for them. James and Isco are simply not those players. Also, mate, I massively disagree with calling James as a "lazy player". I am not sure if you have watched him at all last season. His workrate is close to willian's. Anyways, we are a team that want to give hazard all the freedom and want bodyguards to be played in the team just so cesc can play. Meanwhile, while Hazard's talents might warrant that, cesc definitely does not. We take james/Isco and give them the role that cesc would have in a midfield 3 with Radja and Matic, and we would be a completely brilliant team. Both are miles better dribblers, ball controllers, tempe controllers, goal scorers. It is simply their current roles in the squad and the weird heirachy at Madrid that makes them look poor. Dont forget, Filipe luis was not a "good defender" for us. Now he is the best defender in the best defence in the world. Without a doubt, the best LB in the world currently. A lot depends on the club and the system.

Real Madrid have a system which revolves around CR and bale with kroos and modric in the midfield. Any player would find it difficult to break through. Have either of isco/james at this club to link up with hazard and the "protection" of radja and matic, and they would play like the world class talents that they are.

I dont think either James or Isco have ability to actualy dictate tempo and do the playmaking. 

And when I was calling them lazy, I didnt mean their workrate. They both do fine job there. What I meant is exactly what you said. Bale got place as soon he healed. It shows how big dicks at real are. But yet Isco and James seem to be just fine with their role and where they are. I call that lack of ambition. Or lazy. 

Anyway I would abandon whole #10 thing, ship Oscar away and get someone to compete with Cesc. Best choice would be Gundogan, but in current situation someone like Pjanic would work just fine.

Wouldnt buy Isco or James in million years. Rather get either Griezmann, Bale, Dybala if there is a need to spend big bucks on offensive player.

Going that we have Conte now, and our experiment with sexy football didnt work, I would return back to balanced football based on physicality rather technique. Good old chelsea. Or new atletico.

45 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont think either James or Isco have ability to actualy dictate tempo and do the playmaking. 

And when I was calling them lazy, I didnt mean their workrate. They both do fine job there. What I meant is exactly what you said. Bale got place as soon he healed. It shows how big dicks at real are. But yet Isco and James seem to be just fine with their role and where they are. I call that lack of ambition. Or lazy. 

Anyway I would abandon whole #10 thing, ship Oscar away and get someone to compete with Cesc. Best choice would be Gundogan, but in current situation someone like Pjanic would work just fine.

Wouldnt buy Isco or James in million years. Rather get either Griezmann, Bale, Dybala if there is a need to spend big bucks on offensive player.

Going that we have Conte now, and our experiment with sexy football didnt work, I would return back to balanced football based on physicality rather technique. Good old chelsea. Or new atletico.

Mate, lets be realistic. Do you actually think we have a chance in a million of getting antoine, gareth or Dybala? Seriously. People keep throwing these names around like all we need to do is express our interest and they are ours. For me, its not going to happen. Mate, we were unable to get Stones and Pogba and Marquinhos despite being the champions of england and having jose mourinho at our helm. Why would antoine (who might end up winning the CL and Liga double in a team which has perfect identity, a stable manager and a stable club) or bale (playing with the likes of Ronaldo and modric for the dream club of any player) or Dybala (a young striker who was trusted [something which never happens at chelsea] and is settled and one of the first names on the team sheet) come to chelsea where there is no stability, no identity, no guarantees of european football. Sorry mate. I am not going to even talk about getting such players when there is literally no chance of watching them dawn the chelsea shirt.

We are down to rejects. Cesc was a barca reject, pedro was a barca reject. We might get the likes of Benatia, or isco/james - rejects.

I completely agree with you that they are not "ambitious" (i think thats the word you are looking for instead of lazy). Gundogan has a history with injuries. I have my reservations about "that" rather than his abilities. But yes, I would take him over Isco and James - totally agree. Pjanic, for me, is as bad as cesc defensively. You talk about "good old chelsea" but want cesc and pjanic in your midfield 3, well thats a disaster. 

My point simply is this - first of all, i agree we need to go to a midfield 3. We need muscle - which we seem to already have got with Radja. now we need a "creative" CM. For a lot of people that is Cesc. For me, cesc needs to leave. Simple as that. (why? discussion for another day and another thread). Can we get someone like Gundogan who just signed a new contract, is injury prone but still one of the most important players in his team when fit - I would say improbable. What we are left with our some really good players in the mould of James/Isco. 

If you are doubting their mentality, then fair enough. With a good coach that can improve. Look at torres and what simeone has done to him. 

Realistically speaking, these 2 names are front runners if we are looking to get some creative midfielders and definite upgrades on oscar and cesc.

Mate, we were unable to get Stones and Pogba and Marquinhos despite being the champions of england and having jose mourinho at our helm

Well to be fair, iirc Stones was up for the move and even rumoured to be handing in a transfer request until Martinez threw his toys out the pram (oh how times have changed and now he's being dropped in FAC semi finals) and Marquinhos was a panic deal on deadline day with a club who were never going to entertain bids that late and half-hearted. These issues were outside of the simple 'we had Jose and were champions'. Those have been noted multiple times so we'll save ourselves the time of going there. 

We are down to rejects. Cesc was a barca reject, pedro was a barca reject. We might get the likes of Benatia, or isco/james - rejects.

'Rejects' is a funny word around here. Can't we argue that technically KDB, Lukaku and Mata are Chelsea rejects? Certainly we went on to win a domestic double without their need and the latter two are yet to win anything with their new clubs compared to what they won with us & the former is about to go win the Champions League. If Cesc is Barca reject then I'm happy we had him, you can't say he wasn't crucial last season. Though I do agree about Pedro, he was coming into a situation he had no previous experience of at a turbulent time. 

But I'm not being deliberately obtuse. I do see what you mean regarding when we're linked to names like Isco and James, we shouldn't be needing to fish out Madrid and Barcelona players after they've established themselves. 

After all, aren't we in possession of Busby's Babes mk II after last night? :lol: 

50 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Well to be fair, iirc Stones was up for the move and even rumoured to be handing in a transfer request until Martinez threw his toys out the pram (oh how times have changed and now he's being dropped in FAC semi finals) and Marquinhos was a panic deal on deadline day with a club who were never going to entertain bids that late and half-hearted. These issues were outside of the simple 'we had Jose and were champions'. Those have been noted multiple times so we'll save ourselves the time of going there. 

'Rejects' is a funny word around here. Can't we argue that technically KDB, Lukaku and Mata are Chelsea rejects? Certainly we went on to win a domestic double without their need and the latter two are yet to win anything with their new clubs compared to what they won with us & the former is about to go win the Champions League. If Cesc is Barca reject then I'm happy we had him, you can't say he wasn't crucial last season. Though I do agree about Pedro, he was coming into a situation he had no previous experience of at a turbulent time. 

But I'm not being deliberately obtuse. I do see what you mean regarding when we're linked to names like Isco and James, we shouldn't be needing to fish out Madrid and Barcelona players after they've established themselves. 

After all, aren't we in possession of Busby's Babes mk II after last night? :lol: 

If it was upto me, I would have the likes of Kenedy, musonda (for winger positions), Traore (for striker), RLC, baker (for CM), zouma, andreas, ake, baba, with major first team/squad positions for next season (all the positions that i have writtenn in the bracket are for backups). With no european competitions, its the perfect time to integrate youth.

Anyways, cesc was a barca reject. He was terrible for them. He was brought for replacing Xavi and instead Xavi outlived him at Barca. Mate, personally, I would have taken Jose still at chelsea with talents like Lukaku and Kdb here for the next 10 or more years rather than 1 PL and years of obscurity or atleast undecisiveness. With these 2 players currently on our roster our future would not have been looking so bleak and unsure.

Fair enough on the stones, marquinhos fiasco. But you have to admit that the pull of CL and the name of JOse makes us far less likelier targets for players like antoine, bale, pogba. I mean honestly would you? Would you come to chelsea right now? Not you as such. But if you were such players. I am sure they are earning massively, and some extra cash would not even come close to playing at the highest level. (I am combining your post in the transfer window thread too). Moreover, if we can pay those ludicrous amounts then so can a lot of clubs. I mean these days stoke pays 18million pounds for Imbula.While i agree money does talk, but i dont think to the extent you think. Otherwise, liverpool wont just be a joke but they might have actually landed a couple of players like reus.

50 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

If it was upto me, I would have the likes of Kenedy, musonda (for winger positions), Traore (for striker), RLC, baker (for CM), zouma, andreas, ake, baba, with major first team/squad positions for next season (all the positions that i have writtenn in the bracket are for backups). With no european competitions, its the perfect time to integrate youth.

Yeah I mean as I said in one of the youth threads, our squad players should be academy players. Not nobodies we sign for an excess of £15m from lands afar to accrue less than 20 appearances a season, give the likes of Colkett, Musonda, Aké as well as Loftus-Cheek. 

Anyways, cesc was a barca reject. He was terrible for them. He was brought for replacing Xavi and instead Xavi outlived him at Barca. Mate, personally, I would have taken Jose still at chelsea with talents like Lukaku and Kdb here for the next 10 or more years rather than 1 PL and years of obscurity or atleast undecisiveness. With these 2 players currently on our roster our future would not have been looking so bleak and unsure.

As would I, no doubt Mourinho sold our long-term sustainability for short term gains. No sound minded Chelsea fan can argue that, even if in the moment it was deemed the right thing to do. Cesc may not have dethroned Xavi, but how many players in the world really could? Rakitic was still behind Xavi until the latter left Barcelona. That's why in Fabregas' case I really don't buy the 'Barcelona reject' jibe. Many, many teams wanted him. United were willing the year before, Arsenal chose Ozil over him understandably, he even said recently Real were interested. He's a talented footballer, there's no doubting. He just can't play at the same level now when he's bossed by an opposing midfielder. 

Fair enough on the stones, marquinhos fiasco. But you have to admit that the pull of CL and the name of JOse makes us far less likelier targets for players like antoine, bale, pogba. I mean honestly would you? Would you come to chelsea right now? Not you as such. But if you were such players. I am sure they are earning massively, and some extra cash would not even come close to playing at the highest level. (I am combining your post in the transfer window thread too). Moreover, if we can pay those ludicrous amounts then so can a lot of clubs. I mean these days stoke pays 18million pounds for Imbula.While i agree money does talk, but i dont think to the extent you think. Otherwise, liverpool wont just be a joke but they might have actually landed a couple of players like reus.

Yeah I mean for sure there's more factors. For example, if Real Madrid and Barcelona coming when you're a young mid-20's player that hasn't won all that much thus far. Someone like Hazard for example, if that sale was to happen. But the likes of Muller, James and Bale have won the Champions League already and one is a World Cup winner. All three are now in their multiple CL semi final (maybe with Bale he's a bit premature on this list) with the same club so I wouldn't dismiss the idea they would leave to join Chelsea.

Also I do know Bastian left also for reasons like the lure of Van Gaal, of course you need additional incentives to entice world-class players to clubs where their league position isn't a reflection of the player's ability. The manager at a top club will also make a difference for a player when weighing his options up. But that's why I don't think we can attract players like Pogba, Dybala and so on, who are destined to work under Pep or Jose; or at Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

CC @Essien19

Trying to knick "rejects" from Barca and RM sounds like a fantastic transfer strategy. Look at some of the recent successes of that in Cesc, Sanchez, and Özil. 

If we continue to play with a #10 under Conte and need an Oscar replacement then a goal scoring attacking mid like James would be great.

6 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Mate, lets be realistic. Do you actually think we have a chance in a million of getting antoine, gareth or Dybala? Seriously. People keep throwing these names around like all we need to do is express our interest and they are ours. For me, its not going to happen. Mate, we were unable to get Stones and Pogba and Marquinhos despite being the champions of england and having jose mourinho at our helm. Why would antoine (who might end up winning the CL and Liga double in a team which has perfect identity, a stable manager and a stable club) or bale (playing with the likes of Ronaldo and modric for the dream club of any player) or Dybala (a young striker who was trusted [something which never happens at chelsea] and is settled and one of the first names on the team sheet) come to chelsea where there is no stability, no identity, no guarantees of european football. Sorry mate. I am not going to even talk about getting such players when there is literally no chance of watching them dawn the chelsea shirt.

I completely agree with you that they are not "ambitious" (i think thats the word you are looking for instead of lazy). Gundogan has a history with injuries. I have my reservations about "that" rather than his abilities. But yes, I would take him over Isco and James - totally agree. Pjanic, for me, is as bad as cesc defensively. You talk about "good old chelsea" but want cesc and pjanic in your midfield 3, well thats a disaster. 

My point simply is this - first of all, i agree we need to go to a midfield 3. We need muscle - which we seem to already have got with Radja. now we need a "creative" CM. For a lot of people that is Cesc. For me, cesc needs to leave. Simple as that. (why? discussion for another day and another thread). Can we get someone like Gundogan who just signed a new contract, is injury prone but still one of the most important players in his team when fit - I would say improbable. What we are left with our some really good players in the mould of James/Isco. 

If you are doubting their mentality, then fair enough. With a good coach that can improve. Look at torres and what simeone has done to him. 

Realistically speaking, these 2 names are front runners if we are looking to get some creative midfielders and definite upgrades on oscar and cesc.

Thats the point. Dont go for players only because they are available and talented. So what if Isco gets available? He doesnt fit in our plans (IMO). However Bale, Griz, Dybala do because they can add lot of goals and decide the game. And if they aint possible then go for ones that are and suit us.

I hate we would go after Isco just because we can. Dont splash 50m just because we can. Wait and get players that suit us when they become available or get cheaper alternatives because they certainly exist. 

And right now Chelsea is in freak situation. We managed to get Hazard back then, we surely can pull more same transfers. Maybe not this summer but next one. 

This James looks like Oscar. But the difference is James is not our player so he will always be overrated in our fans eyes.

Looks rather like a Hazard when taking a look at his mentality, imo.

Liked James under Ancelotti, but these days, his attitude stinks.

Stay away, i want soldiers! [emoji4]

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Trying to knick "rejects" from Barca and RM sounds like a fantastic transfer strategy. Look at some of the recent successes of that in Cesc, Sanchez, and Özil. 

If we continue to play with a #10 under Conte and need an Oscar replacement then a goal scoring attacking mid like James would be great.

I agree.  Before they were RM rejects, they were highly sought after.  They are only RM rejects because that's what RM do; they fall in love with someone else and you can only have XI on the pitch.

Sneijder left Madrid and won the CL at Inter, then went to the WC finals.  Robben has had a fantastic career at Bayern.  These are just two more examples.  A lot of these players are pretty good deals (in terms of transfer fees), of course they are on RM wages, so the fees have to be a bit lower.

On 15 March 2016 at 3:23 PM, RoyalBlues said:

If James make his mind to not playing in CL next season, then yes.

Well, Zidane won't be playing him in the CL. So it's a choice between no CL or no CL. Unless there are other top clubs vying for him...

Think he just needs someone to put their arm round him. Yeah maybe his attitude stinks this season but if I remember rightly Conte took a certain someone to Juventus, who's attitude was poor at Man City and made him play perhaps the best football of his career... Different situation perhaps but still you never know, it's not like James is a poor player

Regardless it must be difficult to be a creative player at Madrid because every year or two they sign a new wide player or 10, there is a lack of continuity for guys like Isco, James, Vazquez and next year they will have Asensio or whatever his face is back from loan and whoever Zidane/their new manager wants. 

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats the point. Dont go for players only because they are available and talented. So what if Isco gets available? He doesnt fit in our plans (IMO). However Bale, Griz, Dybala do because they can add lot of goals and decide the game. And if they aint possible then go for ones that are and suit us.

I hate we would go after Isco just because we can. Dont splash 50m just because we can. Wait and get players that suit us when they become available or get cheaper alternatives because they certainly exist. 

And right now Chelsea is in freak situation. We managed to get Hazard back then, we surely can pull more same transfers. Maybe not this summer but next one. 

Who would you suggest in this case. For me, I would hold on to Hazard for this season, no matter what. So I am not talking about swap deals. I am a 100% against keeping cesc for another season, which would mean getting a creative-ish midfielder to partner Matic and Radja in a midfield 3. Pjanic is one option, but honestly he looks like a 3 years younger cesc. Isco and James are wonderful players and just a year or 2 ago they were the next big things. Another option is Gotze but he seems to be facing a similar fate as Isco/james. 

Mate, I have to massively disagree with the last portion of your post. We got Eden because we won the CL and were in CL for the next season. The signings before that were that of moses and marin, if I remember correctly. So Hazard was a freak signing, not the other way round. 

6 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Who would you suggest in this case. For me, I would hold on to Hazard for this season, no matter what. So I am not talking about swap deals. I am a 100% against keeping cesc for another season, which would mean getting a creative-ish midfielder to partner Matic and Radja in a midfield 3. Pjanic is one option, but honestly he looks like a 3 years younger cesc. Isco and James are wonderful players and just a year or 2 ago they were the next big things. Another option is Gotze but he seems to be facing a similar fate as Isco/james. 

Mate, I have to massively disagree with the last portion of your post. We got Eden because we won the CL and were in CL for the next season. The signings before that were that of moses and marin, if I remember correctly. So Hazard was a freak signing, not the other way round. 

Maybe you got that second part wrong. Indeed Hazard was result of CL win. But what Im saying is that right now we might not be able to get Griz or Dybala becausw this was freak season but next summer with probable CL why not? 

Sure we should hold on to Hazard and Im against Cesc staying, but he will 99% stay because of several reasons. 

However if Hazard leaves, I would either try to get Bale in return or simply keep the money for next year and get Griz/Dybala even if we have to overpay. However I wouldnt want to spend hazard money on either james isco or gotze because their mentality is last that we need right now in rebuilding. That said, hope Eden stays at least another season because he is massive talent. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You