Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

James Rodríguez

Followers 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

I don't think we are capable of taking him. Maybe City or United in England.

Why?? City or United don't need him 

The swap was something that I was thinking in my wobbly state last night. But will he want to stay and fight at RM? Just how pissed off is he? Lets hope he fancies seeing the bright lights of London.

Wouldn't really mind him as we really lack creative players apart from Hazard and Bats...but 90million is insane as we also need to strengthen the defence and a backup or second striker. Those reports about that last £140 to spend will be gone very soon.

Yeah. If Marca reports this, this is true. 90 million is way too much. Surely Perez isn't asking that much for a player he just axed?

Would be massive signing for us. World Class player and one of the most popular players in the world. I mean, if we spend on him 75 pounds I can predict the club will get this sum back from selling shirts. He's so popular in South America.

If we've got the type of money prepared for lukaku I'd much rather have James for a little bit more. Front three of a motivated hazard Costa and James is world class! With kante/matic shielding + whoever as the 3rd midfielder(I think Willian would be perfect next to them, and against weaker teams matic can sit for a more creative player) not getting my hopes up until he is holding up a Chelsea shirt though

People are quick to forget just how good this guy was for Real Madrid in his first season. 13 goals and 12 assists from 29 league appearances. A lot of his goals were from long distance or outside the box as well.

He obviously fell out of favour once Carlo got sacked and couldn't find form again. We know how ruthless Real Madrid are once players don't perform consistently week in, week out. They had no problem dumping quality players such as Ozil, Di Maria, Higuain, etc. and look how they've performed at their new clubs.

In my opinion we should go all out for him. We need more goal scoring options outside of Hazard and Costa. We also need more creativity from midfield outside of Hazard and Cesc. James would be a huge signing.

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

Not sure he does, tbh. But you can never really have too many quality players. A manager as good as Conte and a player as good as James can find a way to fit in.

No chance this happens, of course.

26 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

Its the most important question, but as conte said he is a tailor and makes his system to what the team is best at. 424 going into juve but saw he needed pirlo and vidal on so he changed to suit them. He and the club wouldnt approve a transfer of this magnitude unless conte was certain he could make it work. I dont think it will happen however if it does i would be ecstatic!

Sign him would make so much sense, not only strengthen our midfield but also boost up our reputation and commercial value. His shirt sales can easily compensate more than half of what he costs. However, it's just too sensible for our board to see it.

9 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

People overrate him only because James is not our player. If was he was at Chelsea he would be just another Oscar. Still would take him for 30-40m but no more.

He's about 5 levels above Oscar in an attacking sense.