The Board

18 minutes ago, DYC. said:

The focus of the Chelsea operation has obviously shifted to generating funds. It's been a slow transition since around 2010. Fans would be wise to adjust their expectations to this new reality.

We'll see what goals the club will set after the new stadium has been erected.

Not sure what to watch on TV anymore... oh yeah, shows, not football!

On 13/08/2017 at 6:44 PM, DYC. said:

The focus of the Chelsea operation has obviously shifted to generating funds. It's been a slow transition since around 2010. Fans would be wise to adjust their expectations to this new reality.

We'll see what goals the club will set after the new stadium has been erected.

If you want more water to your mill : the academy and loan system.

Most people believe that we have an army of loanies because of mismanagement and because we do not know how — or whatsoever, anyway — to introduce them in the first team. That is not the case : people need to realize that loaning them is the very purpose of our academy and the very purpose behind buying dozens of average youngsters. Chelsea has become a thrid-party owner institution, just as Joorabchian and co.

That is why we buy players whom we know pertinantly will never play for us or have any impact — that is why we still have on our books Rémy, Piazon (!!!!!!), Thomas Kalas, Hector, etc. We are loaning them as we would with bikes or cars.

The real question is, though — does Abramovich want to make money for the sake of making money or is he locked in his modern-businessman cognitive software and cannot think past it ?

I have officially joined the Anti-Board team. They have beaten me down with their "links" and "Monitoring" we have sold/released 13 players (not including Costa) and brought in 4. 4! At this point I will be happy with a top 4 finish and getting out of our CL group. How we managed in one summer to ruin all momentum from last years title winning team is beyond frustrating. @Fernando I did say by Mid-August i would change my tune if something hasnt been done. I was so excited for the year now I am thoroughly discouraged. I always tried to stay positive and hopeful but they beat it out of me. I hate to post one of the complaining messages as I usually am the one saying to relax. Sorry all, now if you'll excuse me while I :drunk:

1. Blaise Matuidi just signed with Juve for 18 mil. 

2. Chelsea have an exceptionally thin squad

3. Chelsea are trying to sign Drinkwater (yes, he's HG however)

4. It is now more than halfway through August

WTF are Chelsea doing?

8 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

1. Blaise Matuidi just signed with Juve for 18 mil. 

2. Chelsea have an exceptionally thin squad

3. Chelsea are trying to sign Drinkwater (yes, he's HG however)

4. It is now more than halfway through August

WTF are Chelsea doing?

Why not chelsea?! :doh:

3 hours ago, akgw13 said:

we have sold/released 13 players (not including Costa) and brought in 4. 4!

Dude, at least be consistent with your argument if you're going to include academy rejects in there. We brought in 5! Don't forget Ethan Ampadu. :Goober:

If the board were a little bit more transparent in their strategy in relation to our transfer dealings in and out(August 16th a little bit late to keep things hush hush from others lol) surely that would help manager,players+fans a tad.

The board aren't interested in bring anyone in. There is definitely a lack of urgency coming from them which can only means that they have told Conte that nobody else will be added to the squad. It seems to me that our club maybe concerned about our net spend in balancing the books. Just wonder if they are taking the Arsenal route in saving and generating money in order to build the Stadium. Everything we are doing seems to mirror what Arsenal did for 8 years. It been noticeable that Roman has barely even been mentioned in all of this. Remember that estimates currently put our Stadium build at 600 million. 

5 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Today's victory should in no way make the board feel we are okay. We absolutely still need more signings so hopefully the board will deliver them.

I really hope the same, although from Conte's latest words, it sounded like he has accepted his fate and he is not expecting any new signings. You know, you can't be dissapointed if you don't expect anything, I should probably start doing the same :D

On 8/19/2017 at 5:12 PM, xPetrCechx said:

20914406_10210370353363680_5906491270882382387_n.jpg

Wow Barcelona are so bitter about the Neymar deal! They don't remember how shady their purchase of Neymar was. They fucked Santos royally in that deal (guess they now wish they sold him to us when they could huh?).

Also, of course we don't attend since we want to be able to sell players to our rivals ;)