Post-season review - Chelsea 2013/14

BlueLion.

Success or Failure?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the season went? Rate out of 5...

• 1/5 - a terrible season, we fell well short of expectations.
    • 2/5 - not a great season. Some positives but overall a disappointment.
    • 3/5 - average. Not bad for a team in transition but would have liked some silverware nonetheless!
    • 4/5 - good. A positive blueprint for the future has been laid, and there were some famous wins as well (6-0 vs Arsenal, 2-0 vs PSG, etc.)
    • 5/5 - exceeding expectations! I didn't think we'd come close to achieving what we did! Bring on next season!

I will say success because all I care is progress and we finally play with some kind of system.

In term of result, I think we have been fine. I wanted us to at least compete for EPL and we are, it is kinda hard to judge our UCL progress because we have been very lucky with our draw (arguable the weakest group +gala)

I am pretty sure we are going to be better next season, the question is how much better because next season my expectation is no longer competing for EPL but win EPL and go deep in UCL.

All we need is a 2-0 victory to go through. Wonder how many might change their drastic opinions after that...

and I think everyone forget it is against PSG, if it is against Real, I probably will give us no chance but PSG it is going to be difficult because we will come out attacking (not our strong suite) but 2-0 is achievable.

and I think everyone forget it is against PSG, if it is against Real, I probably will give us no chance but PSG it is going to be difficult because we will come out attacking (not our strong suite) but 2-0 is achievable.

PSG is stronger than Real

Real is all hype

Success because to me the key was demonstrating the path to becoming a top notch team which Mourinho has done. It's fairly clear he's done as much as he can with the current personnel but he needs better materials. That being said I think he's made some mistakes which likely will cost Chelsea the league title, but the margin for error was quite small.

Was never going to be a easy season anyway.He won it first time with us before but times have changed and other teams have got stronger and we've gone a bit weird.That and we had decent strikers back then and now they're hit and miss.It isnt a case of fighting for 4th spot,we're ish in with a shot with the Champions League..may not be the case Tuesday and the way we lost it is annoying but it happens.Be nice for him to have a whole summer to bring in players,once the team is more his then be better to judge come the end of next season.We havent done a Man U at least

Without a trophy I don't think it could be called a success, but a lot of the groundwork for future success has been laid this season.

If City and Liverpool both slip up and we manage to take the league then it will have been a huge success.

Success. We spent the last 2 years challenging for top 4. Perhaps it gets overshadowed because of our European glory. But this season we have been fully challenging for the title without a decent striker. Definitely a Success. And hey weirder things have happenned than us beating PSG 2-0 for example, and we are still in the race for the title.

Spot on. Imagine if we had a striker... we'd be 4/5 points clear at the top by now.

smokin.jpg

Yeah Real is overrated

Was supposed to trash Dortmund last year, but got destroyed instead

Was supposed to destroy la Liga but gets beaten everytime by Atletico and Barca

They flex their muscles against midgets like Shalke and a weakened Dortmund

PSG is a much more dominant team, i'm pretty confident we'll bitchslap them after we finish you off

Yeah Real is overrated

Was supposed to trash Dortmund last year, but got destroyed instead

Was supposed to destroy la Liga but gets beaten everytime by Atletico and Barca

They flex their muscles against midgets like Shalke and a weakened Dortmund

PSG is a much more dominant team, i'm pretty confident we'll bitchslap them after we finish you off

You need to win the second leg against us yet. Napoli in 2012 were a far more impressive team than your side. If you go through it'll be because of our goalkeeper having an incredibly poor goal and the fact we don't have a suitable striker to play. Your weaknesses will be exposed against a side with forwards.

You need to win the second leg against us yet. Napoli in 2012 were a far more impressive team than your side. If you go through it'll be because of our goalkeeper having an incredibly poor goal and the fact we don't have a suitable striker to play. Your weaknesses will be exposed against a side with forwards.

stop trolling

we'll go through ( i'm 99% sure it will happen ) because we completely dominated the second half, we were defensively solid, the only chance you had was hazard hitting the post and a pen generously offered by Silva

Mark my words, only Barca and Bayern can defeat us, overrated Real will fail again in the semis

stop trolling

we'll go through ( i'm 99% sure it will happen ) because we completely dominated the second half, we were defensively solid, the only chance you had was hazard hitting the post and a pen generously offered by Ibra

Mark my words, only Barca and Bayern can defeat us, overrated Real will fail again in the semis

joker-not-sure-if-serious-o.gif

You are right, there is a very good chance you will go through, but if you think it will be easy at Stamford Bridge you are wrong. I am confident you will lose on Tuesday, but I doubt we will beat you by the requisite number of goals.

If you progress, you will be exposed by whichever team you come up against. The best team you can hope for will be Barcelona or Atletico, because Bayern or Real will quite comfortably dispatch you.

stop trolling

we'll go through ( i'm 99% sure it will happen ) because we completely dominated the second half, we were defensively solid, the only chance you had was hazard hitting the post and a pen generously offered by Silva

Turn off your Playstation please