John Stones

Sidzeret

We will probably go up a few mill and offer a loan. Bamford, Moses, Romeu, etc.

We have barely spent a penny yet of our allocated budget. Arsenal technically paid for Begovic with the Cech money. Falcao was a couple mill to loan in, 2-3. So if Begovic cost us 8m we are at break even for the summer. Yokohama's £40m will probably get invested and I'd guess that is where the money for Stones and/or Pedro would come from. Witsel if true would probably be Roman's money

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is good enough he is good enough. The money is not being taken out of our pockets, and it's not like FFP matters anymore.

He has a contract till 2019, is one of the only two senior centre-backs Everton have so of course that will raise his price a lot.

Most logical thing for this transfer would be to buy him now and loan him back. I don't feel he'll get the necessary playing time, unless we sell Cahill, which isn't going to happen, due to the HG quota. Unless Jose finds a way to start forming a partnership between him and Zouma(1), rotate Zouma at DM, with Cahill and Stones in the CB roles, by selling Mikel, in the cup games that is(2) or gives him time playing as a RB also, just to make him get as much game time until Terry retires. As much as I love Terry, I feel this will be his last year and Stones coming in now, would hinder his development. I'd absolutely love him here, because I think that him, Sterling and Clyne are the standouts in England right now, but I've said that a million times. Overall, there are ways Stones can play with Zouma/Cahill and I believe signing him for 20-25 mil. would be a good shout. Especially when years ago, SAF bought Phil Jones. Not to mention he'd flourish under Jose. Even if this means Zouma going somewhere with direct first team football, it also isn't bad. So, it's a tricky situation, but the club has to think it through, and they are deffo. better than me.

not worth a penny more than 20mil (if that). nope. never.

if GC can look WC in our system, we can make any defender look good. we already have zouma, we have iva, GC, with kalas, omerou, chirstensen coming in.

dont even understand why would want to buy him at the moment when we already have 4 options (iva included).

Plus the fact we will almost never see Stones-Zouma, because there is no experience there. Terry Zouma will be next season and some of the season after, then probably either Ivanovic Zouma or Cahill.

We need an RB, not a CB or we risk severely stunting young Kurt Zouma's development, and that would be simply criminal.

Filipe included we have 4 of our back line on yearly renewable contracts. We also have a need for HG players. With top class Chelsea standard HG players a rare commodity Stones seems to me as a no brainer.No I wouldnt want him if it meant us losing Zouma (I'm already getting shakes thinking he might go out on loan) But I think if we are giving up on getting Varane, who I dearly want to team with Zouma, then getting Stones for a few quid more than we should pay I can live with.

Mean while Vidal, one of the best mid in the world is going to Bayern for £28m approx. Different positions but the point still, no way John Stones is worth more than the best box to box mid in the world, despite being around a decade younger. CB should also be cheaper than attacking players and mid in general anyway

Don't think he would block Zouma's path. Zouma is just as good and probably has a brighter future. I think Jose was pretty clear with his trust in Kurt last season with the way he used him in big games and the run of games he gave him during Cahill's absolute nightmare period of the season.

I havn't watched Stones so may I ask if he is a proactive defender or not? If yes I'm all in.

Hi friend!

Yeah, I think Zouma has a future with us unquestionable. In fact, if it were up to me, Zouma had been in our starting eleven since mid-January.

But Jose has continued to bet on Cahill (which is frustrating to me) and I am afraid that we will start at the beginning of the season with Cahill - John Terry (c) as our main Centre-backs. And I think that would be a mistake.

If it were up to me I would bet on Zouma as indistutible from the first day of the preseason. And if we signed him Stones, he, Zouma and Terry would have to fight for two places in the starting eleven.

Another important factor About John Stones is that he can play as right-back for emergencies or to rest Ivanovic. And Jose would normally like the versatile players.

To me Stones is a proactive player. A player with capabilities to take a similar role as John Terry

but with better exit of ball from behind.

But I just bet on him if it does not mean stopping the evolution of Zouma, because Stones is a good option for the future, especially for the future. Zouma and Stones could complement perfectly between the two.

Regards.

One of the best possible transfers right now. Young, with two full seasons in a good PL team where he has shown not only promise but current capability.

I would seriously not mind him being bought for up to £30m, we are talking about a player that could be a rock in the defence for over 10 years. He would also complement Zouma in the future, as he is the better one with the ball at his feet. I feel that he in many ways is like a younger and slightly quicker version of Terry.

Zouma - Stones would in my opinion be the best young centre-back pairing in the world.

Ok for arguement's sake lets say the Yokohama money is our transfer budget. To chuck most of it on a young player is complete folly especially as even with Kalas and Christensen on loan there's Zouma who looks really promising. Ivan can go back to centre half if needed and there's Cahill and Terry. If we are to do anything this season especially in Europe what we need is experienced players and we need a right winger badly SWP, Salah, Schurrle, Cuadrado, Mourinho seems to have a blind spot where wingers are concerned.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You