Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

Because I want Eto'o to start against Atletico Madrid at home and Ba to start against Atleti away (though a case can be made for Torres starting that)

No, just no. A case can never be made for Torres starting a crucial away match against his former club because we've seen enough of him in the last three and a half years to know he will bottle it. Hell, even Drogba in his prime turned shit when we played against Marseille a few years ago and this season he was nowhere to be seen against us too.

In fact, a case could be made to keep Torres as far away from the pitch as possible for the rest of the season because:

1) Ba and Eto'o are both much better players

2) Both of said players are also in much better form

No, just no. A case can never be made for Torres starting a crucial away match against his former club because we've seen enough of him in the last three and a half years to know he will bottle it. Hell, even Drogba in his prime turned shit when we played against Marseille a few years ago and this season he was nowhere to be seen against us too.

In fact, a case could be made to keep Torres as far away from the pitch as possible for the rest of the season because:

1) Ba and Eto'o are both much better players

2) Both of said players are also in much better form

It's mostly about the pace and physical strength he can potentially offer in the away game Atletico. Eto'o will struggle with the intensity and physicality of the Atleti players at the Calderon while there are still questions about starting Ba in such a crucial game. Torres won't score, but he has shown to be useful in Europe as an outlet up front, especially when we play counter-attack. Eto'o isn't fast enough for the counter and neither is Ba.

I won't start him at Anfield though. Their crazy fans will get into his head. No way. I might even go with Eto'o in that one. Liverpool are a smaller and less physical side and Eto'o might put a similar shift in like he did at the Etihad.

I'm not really banking on any of out strikers to score in those two away games.

I can't understand why this game is not played today. We didn't have a midweek game and we play Atletico on Tuesday. Athletico play today. Why can't the FA give us an extra day rest when we are single handedly keeping the English European coefficient up?!

TV dollars, plus the fact they need to keep people like Redknapp and Alan Smith in a job.

I can see this being another win to nil if we defend well. I say this because i go onto Sunderland forums to get some insight for my weekly premier league predictions, and their fans almost always seem to mention that Sunderland have a hard time playing against teams that are difficult to break down. So for us to win this game it will depend on whether we can make the most of any chances that we get at the other end.

I can see this being another win to nil if we defend well. I say this because i go onto Sunderland forums to get some insight for my weekly premier league predictions, and their fans almost always seem to mention that Sunderland have a hard time playing against teams that are difficult to break down. So for us to win this game it will depend on whether we can make the most of any chances that we get at the other end.

Yeah, if we have our shooting boots on today we can control the game. However, need to be wary of Sunderland after what they did to City (although city are tomtit when it comes to defending).

Because I want Eto'o to start against Atletico Madrid at home and Ba to start against Atleti away (though a case can be made for Torres starting that) and Liverpool away (Torres will be shit in this game and Eto'o can't score away from Stamford Bridge).

Ba might have scored, but his movement and all round play against Swansea were disappointing and they generally are when he starts a game from the first minute. His physicality might be useful in away games, especially that Altetico one.

Eto'o should start to gain match fitness in anticipation of the Atletico home game. I'm sure Jose has it figured out anyway.

We will have to wait and see then. Mourinho will pick whoever is better for the cause.

Wrong. Most important game is Sunderland on Saturday. We don't win that we might as well not go to Anfield. All focus on Saturday for now, be professional, get the 3 points and move on to Sunday week.

i agree and i didnt meant that the game with sunderland isnt important. just the game with pool will decide at 90% who will be the champion.

ALL GAMES are worth 3 points! :) we should see every game separately! go blues!!!

Big deal being made for no reason...isn't about being arrogant or any of that shite.One comment sums it up:

''The point of this article is what, exactly? Of course these things are planned in advance. You can't just shut off half of west London at 24hrs notice, can you? All the clubs and their respective councils will have these plans in place''

Big deal being made for no reason...isn't about being arrogant or any of that shite.One comment sums it up:

''The point of this article is what, exactly? Of course these things are planned in advance. You can't just shut off half of west London at 24hrs notice, can you? All the clubs and their respective councils will have these plans in place''

Of course, I'm sure Liverpool and City have done the same.