Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

46 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

God I miss the good old JT + Riccy days. One of the most deadliest CB combo in modern football history.

Second best one I've ever seen behind the godlike Cannavaro-Nesta combo. But then again who would top that? :P

Second best one I've ever seen behind the godlike Cannavaro-Nesta combo. But then again who would top that? [emoji14]

Those two were the ultimate one, considering Cannavaro's height for CB it's even more amazing. But yeh JT&Riccy and JT&Billy weren't far off especially the former duo, JT cleared all the air threats and Riccy dealt with all the grounds, it was joy to watch and so assured.

25 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Respectfully disagree ;) JT Riccy combo is the best for me.

It's definitely a debate I agree. One stat in favour of Gallas/JT over Carvalho/JT was that amazing season when we conceded just 1 league goal with WG/JT at centre back. One goal all season!!!

OK, it was 'only' 18 matches and there are other factors, not to mention other players contributing, to clean sheets but come on that is an amazing run. I think the fact that we conceded more goals when Riccy was selected instead was a major contributor to Billy's falling out with Jose.

It's definitely a debate I agree. One stat in favour of Gallas/JT over Carvalho/JT was that amazing season when we conceded just 1 league goal with WG/JT at centre back. One goal all season!!!

OK, it was 'only' 18 matches and there are other factors, not to mention other players contributing, to clean sheets but come on that is an amazing run. I think the fact that we conceded more goals when Riccy was selected instead was a major contributor to Billy's falling out with Jose.

It's indeed incredible record! And these three's goal scoring ability were nothing short of unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

It's indeed incredible record! And these three's goal scoring ability were nothing short of unbelievable.

As @Special Juan said, we were privalaged to have all three of them at once. Great days.

I just hope we get 1 hellova partner for the lad. And he comes back fit and strrong.

And I also hope hes not hinting at something between the lines.

Kurt Zouma urges Chelsea's players to follow new manager Antonio Conte

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/kurt-zouma-urges-chelseas-players-to-follow-new-manager-antonio-conte-a3303936.html

On 25/07/2016 at 1:51 PM, Unionjack said:

I just hope we get 1 hellova partner for the lad. And he comes back fit and strrong.

And I also hope hes not hinting at something between the lines.

Kurt Zouma urges Chelsea's players to follow new manager Antonio Conte

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/kurt-zouma-urges-chelseas-players-to-follow-new-manager-antonio-conte-a3303936.html

Yeah matey i hope Zouma comes back 100% and learns from it! Next season Christensen+Zouma and whoever we sign this season at CB would give us the perfect springboard to play 3 at the back well proper!

On 7/22/2016 at 0:16 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

As @Special Juan said, we were privalaged to have all three of them at once. Great days.

Imagine if we had those three in their prime now under Conte? We'd so be going three at the back!!!

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Imagine if we had those three in their prime now under Conte? We'd so be going three at the back!!!

Except that might mean we also had them last year in which case 10th would have been completely out of the question and so Antonio might not even be here.

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Yeah matey i hope Zouma comes back 100% and learns from it! Next season Christensen+Zouma and whoever we sign this season at CB would give us the perfect springboard to play 3 at the back well proper!

I wonder whats going on with Clarke-Salter. JT wanted him to take his place last I heard. We got Tomori, Dion Conroy that just siged a new contract with RLC, Ali SuljićJay Dasilva  who had alot of write ups expetcing him to be big, Fankaty Dabo I saw Celtic was after couple months back. So I'm sure Conte etc must have looked at them all before thinking about spending moey on new lads. But least Ola has caught someones eye and its upto him now to make the most out of it.

Except that might mean we also had them last year in which case 10th would have been completely out of the question and so Antonio might not even be here.

Swings n roundabouts bruv lol

39 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I wonder whats going on with Clarke-Salter. JT wanted him to take his place last I heard. We got Tomori, Dion Conroy that just siged a new contract with RLC, Ali SuljićJay Dasilva  who had alot of write ups expetcing him to be big, Fankaty Dabo I saw Celtic was after couple months back. So I'm sure Conte etc must have looked at them all before thinking about spending moey on new lads. But least Ola has caught someones eye and its upto him now to make the most out of it.

Swings n roundabouts bruv lol

Clarke Salter hasnt been envolved in pre season games tho with so many England youth games he might have been doing something with them,a loan to Holland may be nxt? Yeah hopefully Ola does well in USA and Mr Conte gives him a chance and he grabs it with both hands.

28 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Is Zouma fit to start the season?

No, he's training with the group but isn't taking part when there's chance of contact.

Difficult to say when he's coming back but can't see him being match ready in 3 weeks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-en/schalke-04-pursuing-chelsea-defender-zouma-the-situation/

Haven't laughed this hard in ages, how the hell is DiMarzio reporting shit like this?

Don't believe it for a second but if the club were to even consider loaning out Zouma with an option to buy, everyone at the club needs to get sacked and Roman admitted to an asylum for an obvious case of mental illness.

29 minutes ago, Jype said:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-en/schalke-04-pursuing-chelsea-defender-zouma-the-situation/

Haven't laughed this hard in ages, how the hell is DiMarzio reporting shit like this?

Don't believe it for a second but if the club were to even consider loaning out Zouma with an option to buy, everyone at the club needs to get sacked and Roman admitted to an asylum for an obvious case of mental illness.

Wait, what? erm? err.. What? 

:shoot::wave: