Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

I'm not sure how they'd include that in a contract, they'd need an objective opinion as to how he plays. He could easily dispute any claim that he played sub-par.

Instead of 12.5k/goal we could give him around 1-2 million for hitting 15 goals in one season or something like that. That may work out cheaper for us, we won't have to pay him a thing should he fail to achieve our target, and it'll motivate him to try his best- not that he doesn't put in 100% every time he plays anyway.

It's because the club expected this season to happen, so when Mata threatens to leave...

Mata - I want to leave, Mr Gourlay

:Goober: - Why is that, Juan?

Mata - Because we are awful and the Ladyboy is getting worse every day

:Goober: - So?

Mata - You promised Champions League football. I can't go on playing in the Europa League, and we'll be facing relegation this season under Uncle Avram...

:Goober: - How about a £50,000-a-week wage increase?

Mata - Gracias amigo.

:Goober: - :Goober: :Goober: :Goober:

Seriously that is exactly what will happen if he wants to leave :lol:

Sturridge has been desperate to play in that position for the entire season, on what merit has Kalou earned the right to bypass him..

Sturridge has been desperate to play in that position for the entire season, on what merit has Kalou earned the right to bypass him..

I don't know if I would play Sturridge upfront on his own, we don't have a playmaker in the middle so I think we would spend the whole game playing with his back to goal. If he was to play up top i would rather him have a partner someone like a Lukaku who can occupy another defender leaving Sturridge in a one on one situation.