Ricardo Rodriguez

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Got to be honest, not that big a fan of Ricardo Rodriguez, yes he has fantastic offensive qualities, but his defense leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure he'd fit the PL. 

Jusy my opinion of the few matches I've seen from him. 

He looked decent defensively at the Euros and in the CL games I seen him in last season but also had a few iffy moments. I think Conte and the way he sets up could also help him, we've looked very organised in certain phases of games and that's only after 2-3 weeks of Conte doing work. 

He's looks a big athletic powerful player, think he'd be an ideal signing because he can still improve quite significantly too but hes at a decent enough level, (much better than Baba is) his end product is pretty good and also he takes decent set plays.

I'd prefer to see us get him than the likes of an Arsenal or Liverpool or someone else.

I think he's quite limited technically (apart from having an amazing set piece/cross on him) tbh. Don't think he'll do as well in the PL but he is an improvement over Baba. If his supposed release clause is £21m then I'd welcome him. Good player. A few other interesting options would be Jose Gaya from Valencia and maybe Kurzawa from PSG if we could steal him. 

A hipster/wildcard option would be someone like Jordan Amavi who I think has massive potential if he can get over that cruel injury he had.

I think he's quite limited technically (apart from having an amazing set piece/cross on him) tbh. Don't think he'll do as well in the PL but he is an improvement over Baba. If his supposed release clause is £21m then I'd welcome him. Good player. A few other interesting options would be Jose Gaya from Valencia and maybe Kurzawa from PSG if we could steal him. 

A hipster/wildcard option would be someone like Jordan Amavi who I think has massive potential if he can get over that cruel injury he had.

PSG won't be parting way with Kurzawa after selling Digne. There isn't a LB available that can really defend and attack that comes to mind. Shame a certain player that did both was sold.

Just now, LAM09 said:

PSG won't be parting way with Kurzawa after selling Digne. There isn't a LB available that can really defend and attack that comes to mind. Shame a certain player that did both was sold.

I wondered why we weren't in for Digne. Would've been a really good signing. Good player. 

I wondered why we weren't in for Digne. Would've been a really good signing. Good player. 

Me too. I was surprised that not only did PSG let him go (thought Maxwell was off), but also the fact Barca seemingly had clear path to get him.

19 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

footballghana.com broke the news on Baba Rahman's move more than a month ago, saying Conte is looking to replace him with Wolfsburg's Ricardo Rodriguez. They were spot on it seems and now that Baba Rahman's move is official, maybe we can expect Chelsea to approach Wolfsburg in the coming days? £21m release clause.

Haha, it's true what you're saying. Football Ghana sounds as reliable as someone on TC breaking the news but they got Baba spot on.

I thought it was reported though that RR release clause expires before July.

very good player..

courtois

ivanovic (azpi)       terry         zouma         rodriguez

matic           fabregas         kantè

cuadrado (willian)       costa            hazard  

6 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

very good player..

courtois

ivanovic (azpi)       terry         zouma         rodriguez

matic           fabregas         kantè

cuadrado (willian)       costa            hazard  

I'm pretty sure we'll play 4-2-4 at this point...

7 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Haha, it's true what you're saying. Football Ghana sounds as reliable as someone on TC breaking the news but they got Baba spot on.

I thought it was reported though that RR release clause expires before July.

Read an article in Kicker about his contract extension until 2019, they mentioned the release clause, but nothing on a supposed expiry date at the end of July this year. If there is such thing in that contract. 

Nach kicker-Informationen buhlt Englands FC Arsenal um den Schweizer EM-Teilnehmer, der Wolfsburg dank einer Klausel für festgeschriebene 25 Millionen Euro schon vor Ablauf seines bis 2019 laufenden Vertrages verlassen kann - und dem Vernehmen nach auch will.

This is from May, this year, when Arsenal was pushing for him. Kicker say the release clause is active throughout the whole contract (until 2019).

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/652838/artikel_wolfsburg_rodriguez-vor-dem-absprung.html#omsmtwkicker

Christ, if we get another excellent CM and Rodriguez for LB..... this summer will start to look like it should.

I really like the fact that Conte has been getting a good look at the players as early as he can --plus, he was a solid CM himself. 

How many times have Chelsea had a manager who was formerly top CM for a big club in his playing career?  don't tell me about Gullit; he was a crap manager.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You