Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Seriously?

Not exactly.

Oscar and Willian assists in EPL with over 55 games between them = 4 assists

Matic assists in EPL after 11 games = 4 assists.

4 assists in 11 games/10 starts for a holding midfielder is pretty incredible, especially in this Chelsea team. In my eyes our second best player behind Eden.

It's probably been said before, but if we had Matic in the CL, we'd be favorites to win it.

But hey! We still have Mikel... :D

Steady now. Bayern and Madrid will still be considerably better than us. we need more than just one quality midfielder to be speaking with such arrogance.

Game after game Matic is proving to be the most overrated player ever. Today he was ineffective for the whole match (this is not his kind of game) but one nice pass that resulted in a goal was enough to people see him as man of the match and god-like midfielder.

To be fair with Matic, its not his fault. He is a good midfielder, no doubt the best option we have for that position, but he is just a normal player. To think we would be favorites to win the UCL if we had Matic is just insanity. Weeks ago I read that if we win the league, it was because of Matic (despite the fact that the serbian only had started only 6 games in that moment).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1989697-chelsea-fc-why-nemanja-matic-is-chelseas-most-important-player-right-now

Perhaps he is right. Matic represents our team at this moment. A team where the most important player is an unexciting DM, and not Hazard, because it seems:

"Matic represents clearly the difference between Chelsea and any other team. While Man City had an Arsenal rout of their own, the Sky Blues also conceded three goals. The reason why Mourinho is such a good manager is that he realises that it is not enough to simply try to score a lot of goals and hope that it is more than the opposition team. He knows that the best offense starts with a good defense—and that both of these things start in the middle of the pitch."

While Liverpool have Suarez and Sturridge, City have Aguero, Silva and Toure, we have Matic. He is the one to makes the difference here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1989697-chelsea-fc-why-nemanja-matic-is-chelseas-most-important-player-right-now

Perhaps he is right. Matic represents our team at this moment. A team where the most important player is an unexciting DM, and not Hazard, because it seems:

"Matic represents clearly the difference between Chelsea and any other team. While Man City had an Arsenal rout of their own, the Sky Blues also conceded three goals. The reason why Mourinho is such a good manager is that he realises that it is not enough to simply try to score a lot of goals and hope that it is more than the opposition team. He knows that the best offense starts with a good defense—and that both of these things start in the middle of the pitch."

While Liverpool have Suarez and Sturridge, City have Aguero, Silva and Toure, we have Matic. He is the one to makes the difference here.

Never under estimate a midfielder man. I remember how Dunga was just KEY in every game of Brazil. True that the partnership of Romario and Bebeto was fabulous. But the role of Dunga was amazing. Rai (if I remember correctly) was also KEY to that team. They helped make that transition of play from offense to defense and vice versa just amazing and effective.

Overpowered everyone on the field once more today with the exception of one player. Bony went toe to toe with him numerous times and was actually holding his own. Impressive strength from the little man.

Never under estimate a midfielder man. I remember how Dunga was just KEY in every game of Brazil. True that the partnership of Romario and Bebeto was fabulous. But the role of Dunga was amazing. Rai (if I remember correctly) was also KEY to that team. They helped make that transition of play from offense to defense and vice versa just amazing and effective.

Rai started the WC as a starting XI, but soon he was dropped. The midfield in 1994 was Dunga, Mazinho (he was a full back playing as a DM), Zinho and Mauro Silva. Dude, that Brazilian team was really bad an ugly. lol For Parreira, the goal was only a detail. Not a surprise that the final end up in the penalties shoot out.

Midfielders can be key, no doubt about that, but for me Matic is overrated not because of his price, which was fair, but because people make him look like a 60m payer when he is only a 20m one.

Rai started the WC as a starting XI, but soon he was dropped. The midfield in 1994 was Dunga, Mazinho (he was a full back playing as a DM), Zinho and Mauro Silva. Dude, that Brazilian team was really bad an ugly. lol For Parreira, the goal was only a detail. Not a surprise that the final end up in the penalties shoot out.

Midfielders can be key, no doubt about that, but for me Matic is overrated not because of his price, which was fair, but because people make him look like a 60m payer when he is only a 20m one.

Yeah I know that Brazil 94's squad was ugly :). I liked the 98 squad more to be honest. I thought Mauro Silva was a defender. Anyways, I am not questioning the beauty of the game. As far as I know the Socrates/ Zico squad was the team that played the most beautiful football for Brazil (again I might be mistaken). I was just stating how effective it was.

Yeah I know that Brazil 94's squad was ugly :). I liked the 98 squad more to be honest. I thought Mauro Silva was a defender. Anyways, I am not questioning the beauty of the game. As far as I know the Socrates/ Zico squad was the team that played the most beautiful football for Brazil (again I might be mistaken). I was just stating how effective it was.

And Roberto Falcão was the chief architect of that team even though Zico and Socrates got most of the credit. The 80's xavi I call him.

I dont know why you are bashing him that much (also in the match thread). some people may overrate him, but still, he is not a "normal" player, he is a great player and VERY important for us. his 1st half was poor, but the whole team was poor (minus Salah maybe) but in the 2nd he really stepped up and that assist was brilliant. and this one pass was indeed enough, as it brought us the winning goal

Matic is not a creative player by any means, but everybody knew that. he is more of a destroyer, but he has excellent technique, can hold his own in a 1 vs 1 situation and dribble past players. and from time to time he can pick an amazing pass. he is head and shoulders above every other CM/DM we have.

Today Ramires should have made the runs in the box, but for some reason, he didnt do it at all. Matic at least was trying to pass the ball upfront

Bashing. I'm not bashing him. I'm just trying make a point that he is not as good, as pictured here, he is not as important as pictured here. Yeah, he is more of a destroyer, and I know his qualities, but in a game like this, the last thing we needed was a destroyer because there was nothing there do destroy, but he is an unidensional DM,