Nemanja Matic

.Cee

No love for Nemanja yet, he was fantastic yet again as he always is. Bossed it. The talk about his slow start to the season was harsh and mostly due to having to adjust to the inclusion of an attack minded CM in our midfield in Fabregas.. Now that we've found some balance with Cesc, he's back to his super reliable self.

a few weeks ago you could have said the same thing about matic

Form plays a huge role, not only talent. Iniesta and Xavi used to be the best midfielders in the world at their peak, but they're very far from it now. Lately Busquets' form was far from great and Barcelona's CSs flattered him. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but his form is definitely off. On the other hand, a few weeks ago, he played great when he was paired with Cesc in the NT. I don't know, maybe he's having trouble adjusting to the new tactics and a new partner (Rakitic).

Some player and people need to remember that players do dip in form, it happens. He is for me getting back to were he should be, last night he shut them out with some fantastic interceptions and broke up lots of their developing attacks. Great header for the goal.

MOTM performance capped off with a winning goal! Brilliant.

But seriously, we are as quick to label a player shit as we are to label him the best in the world! There can never be an objective opinion about a football player...

I've said numerous times before that I think he is our most important player too, when he plays well, we as a team play well, with the rest of the team able to express themselves. When he plays average or badly, we always seem to drop points. I don't think that's a coincidence.

He was absolutely immense last night. Back to his marauding best. Goals for him are largely irrelevant because it's not his job, but it's lovely to see him winning us points directly rather than indirectly with a glorious header like last nights one.

MOTM performance capped off with a winning goal! Brilliant.

But seriously, we are as quick to label a player shit as we are to label him the best in the world! There can never be an objective opinion about a football player...

I've been going on and on about Matic since before we signed him :P. I truly believe that he is the best true CDM in the Premier League by a distance and is probably 4th best in the world behind Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, and De Rossi. And I reckon you could make an argument that he could be better than Pirlo and De Rosi before long, if not now.