Willian

Jase

Willian is awesome when it comes to shooting directly at goal from a free kick but my god, when it comes to putting the ball into the box from a free kick, he's absolutely rubbish at it! :doh:

I actually think his delivery has been surprisingly strong this season. And two crosses were so good they went in.

His corners still suck.

I actually think his delivery has been surprisingly strong this season. And two crosses were so good they went in.

His corners still suck.

His free kicks still suck. Hit and miss at best. Had a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions earlier but wasted them all. :doh:

Without a doubt our best player this season, indeed!

His free kicks still suck. Hit and miss at best. Had a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions earlier but wasted them all. :doh:

I don't agree, it's been a real improvement when compared to the slow-paced Fabregas free-kicks that failed to bring danger.

Willian whips them toward the goalkeeper what make them far more dangerous for the opposition than what Fabregas had used us to.

Anyway, really happy we finally have a threathening free-kick taker.

“I’ve been practising free-kicks for a long time, but until this season I haven’t had many opportunities to take them during the game,’ he says. ‘Now I have, and it comes from something I’ve been practising.

“I’ve been hitting the ball with a lot of intensity and I’ve found a way of striking them from wide on the left with a lot of pace and velocity so that there is a chance for my teammates to get a touch on the ball, but if it happens that no one gets a touch, it passes straight into the goal.”

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/77091_willian_reveals_free-kick_secret.html

Lukaku/Torres/Eto'o/Ba

Hazard/Schurrle - Oscar/Mata - de Bruyne/Will.I.An/Moses

Lampard/Mikel/Luiz - van Ginkel/Essien/Ramires

Cole/Bertrand - Terry/Luiz - Cahill/Ivanovic - Kalas/Azpilicueta/Ivanovic/Essien

Cech/Schwarzer/Blackman

What a squad we have now. And the above doesn't even infer player interchangability, such as Schurrle/de Bruyne/Ramires/Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Mata all being able to rotate.

not a dig at Alex but just a bump from two years ago when we signed Willian .. Incidentally many said he was awaste of money

not a dig at Alex but just a bump from two years ago when we signed Willian .. Incidentally many said he was awaste of money

to be honest, at that point of time, even i thought it was a waste of money. but damn, he has been one of our best players in a long time. his workrate, his attitud club for the club is heart warming to watch. if only some of the "better players" could care half as much.

also, the list u gave just makes me sad as to what we have lost. sad, really really sad.

Would add to the above that he has superb change of pace, it is Kakaesque.

Has been brilliant so far, and Player of the Year in 2015

Kafkaeqsue? Ah, you are referring to 'The Metamorphosis'. I can see how in a sense his acceleration into top speed can be juxtaposed to Gregor's transformation.

:ph34r:

Next to players like Fabregas it is the opposite situation. Value for money at the time and for a while he was. Hopefully we can see that 09/10 Fabregas once more.