Fernando Torres

I really have to agree with you, Shonex. It's absolutely freaking me out to hear people saying "It's not Torres fault, the whole team sucked", "Why blame Torres, he really tried hard" etc. It's a fact that he has been with us for a year now and he hasn't made any impact. He has missed the empty goal many times, and all some fans can say about this is "It was impossible for Torres to score there" (referring to the situation in the Norwich game). Every time I critise Torres on a German Chelsea forum I'm told to shut the fuck up, and I HAVE to back Torres. What those people don't want to understand is, why should I try to look for excuses for his poor performances when it's just ridiculous to do that?

And another thing I can't stand, are people telling me that Torres deserves to play instead of Drogba? Why?! Drogba hasn't had a good season so far but is that the case for Torres? No. Drogba will definitively get his starter job back, when he returns because Torres failed again to score for a long time. Equality is what is needed. Torres had his chance, he didn't succeed. So it's just fair enough that Drogs is given the same chance.

Oh, and about that Torres banner: FFS, why does he deserve one?! Stop raising that banner and get some real LEGENDS their ones!

If u don't get served, you cannot so anything as a striker. Mata and Danny ain't been all that great in the last month. He'll find form one day when we have the right wingers, the right creativity and the right balance. Until then, the abuse will continue.

Could go on a long post about why he's struggling, how he can improve etc. But there's multiple threads & posts on that.

All I can say is, Villas-Boas is trying to utilise what he's got. He didn't want Lukaku now, he said himself he only did it because other clubs were closing in. He wanted to help Torres, he proved that at the beginning of the season. Andre has no choice but to play Torres now.

He is digging his own grave with Torres debacle, Rooney has similar goal droughts but after them he scores 10 goals in quick succession Torres goal drought comes after 4 goals for about 20 games. It's about time for these so called professionals managing the squad to realize that every game when everything is focused on Torres it's hurting the entire squad rather then a 50 million investment that's also costing us wages. But all the money wasted isn't the end of the World, the end of the line for AVB will be when we don't qualify for the CL because of the insistence of playing a guy who right now has a fear of the goal and runs the other way when he sees it in front of him or passes sideways; or takes two extra touches before attempting to shoot. At some point you've got to say enough is enough and mind you Drogba is not the solution - the solution is playing players who have a foreseeable future at the club and Lukaku who wasn't wanted "right now" is one of those players. The other is a left footed lad, who has instincts of a striker playing as a right winger due to no other player within a multi-million squad able to play that position and the fact we have a 50 million striker up top who doesn't seem to remember how to score.

He is digging his own grave with Torres debacle, Rooney has similar goal droughts but after them he scores 10 goals in quick succession Torres goal drought comes after 4 goals for about 20 games. It's about time for these so called professionals managing the squad to realize that every game when everything is focused on Torres it's hurting the entire squad rather then a 50 million investment that's also costing us wages. But all the money wasted isn't the end of the World, the end of the line for AVB will be when we don't qualify for the CL because of the insistence of playing a guy who right now has a fear of the goal and runs the other way when he sees it in front of him or passes sideways; or takes two extra touches before attempting to shoot. At some point you've got to say enough is enough and mind you Drogba is not the solution - the solution is playing players who have a foreseeable future at the club and Lukaku who wasn't wanted "right now" is one of those players. The other is a left footed lad, who has instincts of a striker playing as a right winger due to no other player within a multi-million squad able to play that position and the fact we have a 50 million striker up top who doesn't seem to remember how to score.

Lukaku is a glamour prospect but if André doesn't think he's ready for the pressure of leading the Chelsea attack then I believe his instincts. As much as it pains us to see Torres doing it, it's something we must get used to. Even with Drogba when give the normal piss-poor routine. Torres is the #1 striker for the next 5months, but what's amusing for me is everyone thinks he's the main problem in the squad.

He isn't the main problem, it's the guys behind him. And that in itself, is a big, big concern.

Lukaku is a glamour prospect but if André doesn't think he's ready for the pressure of leading the Chelsea attack then I believe his instincts. As much as it pains us to see Torres doing it, it's something we must get used to. Even with Drogba when give the normal piss-poor routine. Torres is the #1 striker for the next 5months, but what's amusing for me is everyone thinks he's the main problem in the squad.

He isn't the main problem, it's the guys behind him. And that in itself, is a big, big concern.

He is the main problem - because if we hadn't signed him we could have used that money to address the midfield that was behind the strikers. As it stands individually Sturridge and Lampard have more goals in the calendar year than the rest our strikers(Torres; Drogba; Anelka) combined. In fact in Jose's hugely successful first season, Drogba wasn't our main goal scorer - goals were spread equally between the entire squad. Drogba was a pivot and allowed Lampard to really shine and cement himself, but overall it was the creativity behind Drogba which was winning us games, you could shut down one individual for a game but could you shut down our entire midfield? Since Duff/Cole/Robben were all shipped out mostly due to health problems Mata is the only player in that mold, it won't make much of a difference whether it's Lukaku/Sturridge/Kalou/Drogba/Torres leading the line if you have adequate danger men behind him, that can spark to live in any given minute and create a chance out of nothing.

If u don't get served, you cannot so anything as a striker. Mata and Danny ain't been all that great in the last month. He'll find form one day when we have the right wingers, the right creativity and the right balance. Until then, the abuse will continue.

What are you talking about ? Mata is near the top of the assist ranking and Ashley is just behind him . Its just the fact that Sturridge and Ramires have actually made the run into the box to score while Torres is faffing about on the wing.

I know we don't have a lot of creative players but Mata has so many assists this season and potential assists to players like Torres who have failed to score. Usually when you have a player who tops the assist ranking like Mata then a striker in your squad is usually around the top of the scorers league. We don't have that because Torres is shit and other players like Lampard Ramires and Sturridge are scoring in the box. Torres is a waste of time we might as well just stick the fast Lukaku upfront and hoof it to him bypassing the SHIT midfield. Just hoof it to Lukaku and scrap for that second ball lets just go back to basics lol until we can sort this mess out. Lampard Ramires and Mata will thrive off those knock downs and Lukaku used to do it effectively in Europe against sides like Benfica and Ajax.

Torres is the LEAST of our worries!!!

Haha he isn't our problem at the moment...

He definitely isn't the least of our worries. With Drogba gone, this was the time he was supposed to step up, take on the mantle of being Chelsea's main man, he has been awful, the results have been average and we are clinging on to 4th spot. Excuse me if Im not jumping for joy about our 50 million pound striker.